Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

View Poll Results: Chateau Marmont will tour the US & Canada March 2011. Alizée America should...
do all in its power to make the tour a success 4 21.05%
urge its members to attend the shows 3 15.79%
advertise the shows to its members 3 15.79%
do nothing as a group 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If you want to support the idea of French music groups coming to the USA and having success, then attending CM's shows might be a good thing. The more success French artists have, the more encouraging it may be to Alizée to one day come here. But it is CM's show and not Alizée's, so I think a person should respect that. However it wouldn't hurt to draw some attention to her as long as it doesn't disrupt CM's gig.
Agreed. Not gonna go guns blazing, but I'm curious to see Chateau Marrmont and it should be fun. So I'll be there. And if the subject of Alizee comes up, bonus.

Speaking more generally, my feeling now is that any promotional efforts aren't going to do much until Alizee herself starts taking an active role, and I'm not sure she has any desire to. Mexico was practically handed on a silver platter, and even that only resulted in a few concerts. Sorry if this offends anyone, feel free to disagree, but it's why I'm sitting on the sidelines until we see more activity from Alizee herself.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Agreed. Not gonna go guns blazing, but I'm curious to see Chateau Marrmont and it should be fun. So I'll be there. And if the subject of Alizee comes up, bonus.

Speaking more generally, my feeling now is that any promotional efforts aren't going to do much until Alizee herself starts taking an active role, and I'm not sure she has any desire to. Mexico was practically handed on a silver platter, and even that only resulted in a few concerts. Sorry if this offends anyone, feel free to disagree, but it's why I'm sitting on the sidelines until we see more activity from Alizee herself.
I agree with Ben here as far as promotional efforts and I've been probably the most hard core case of promoting her. We need some help from Alizée. We can't do it on our own.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Speaking more generally, my feeling now is that any promotional efforts aren't going to do much until Alizee herself starts taking an active role.
Ben is correct, you can promote all you want, if Alizee does not want to do it, she wont.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Separate tour city coordination threads created

I have created six new threads, linked below, one for each of the cities which Chateau Marmont will visit on their tour next month. If you intend or aspire to attend the show in a city, or just want to help those who do, please post to its respective thread. If you discover correctable errors or omissions in the initial post I made to any such thread, please PM me ASAP.

Personally, I find it most interesting that the sponsor for the show in Washington, DC is the local chapter of French Institute / Alliance Française.. I will remind you that the proposed strategic plan I wrote out last year (see After the ball and Making progress a step at a time ) identified this very group as of enormous potential utility in introducing Alizée to America. Also last year, I had urged Scruffy to exploit its Boston chapter

Let me close with this - Alizée has never performed in America, but she has certainly visited it, e.g. New York City with Farmer and Las Vegas with her husband, Do you think it is impossible she might be in the audience when "her band" plays in some US city? Don't you think she is at least a little curious how they will be received here? Of course, perhaps you have a better idea where and when you might bump into her in America some day soon!

Chateau Marmont March 2010 gig in Chicago, IL

Chateau Marmont March 2010 gig in Toronto, ON

Chateau Marmont March 2010 gig in New York, NY

Chateau Marmont March 2010 gig in Montreal, QC

Chateau Marmont March 2010 gig in Washington, DC

Chateau Marmont March 2010 gig in Austin, TX

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-22-2011 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: add group photo
Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Interviews with Alizee and Chateau Marmont

First, here is a bit more about Chateau Marmont from the interview of Alizée in the Wednesday, March 10, 2010 issue of Brain Magazine, as translated here and tweaked by yours truly -.

Q, It’s Chateau Marmont that produced half the [UEdS] album. Why them?
Alizée: Yes, they made most songs, but Rob has made the album. Rob has 3 titles, Marmont 5...

Q. I’ll enumerate the six producers of the album, and you’re going to describe each of them in a few words...

[Which of these is the most beautiful?
Alizee: The best? Holala! I’ll say Julian of Marmont...

Q. The dirtiest?
Alizee: The most saaaale? Aha! Halala … the dirtiest! I can say that but it is a joke right? Guillaume of Marmont. He will be angry!

Then read a casual interview done April 2009 (and translated into English) with the four members of the band itself -

Angy Laperdrix (bass guitar)
Julien Galner (drums)
Guillaume de Maria (keyboard)
Raphaël Vialla (singing & guitar)<table cellspacing="10" cellpadding="10" width="75%" align="center"><tr><td>As I write this. one can find two different spellings for Julien's surname on the Internet.
One gets 725 hits if one Googles for the string "Julien Galner" "Chateau Marmont"
One gets 162 hits if one Googles for the string "Julien Galinier" "Chateau Marmont"
I have now adopted the former spelling.
Indeed, one can confirm it is correct by consulting the band's Facebook Info page.</td></tr></table>And if that is not enough, read Google's translation of a November 2009 interview of the band by AAm's good friend in Paris, Julien Perret.

Finally, below I detail the (partial) credits which members of Chateau Marmont earned on the CD Une Enfant Du Siècle -

<big><big><big>Limelight</big></big></big>
Raphaël Vialla, Lyricist
Raphaël Vialla, Composer
Angy Laperdrix, Lyricist
Angy Laperdrix, Composer
Julien Galner, Lyricist
Julien Galner, Composer
Guillaume de Maria, Lyricist
Guillaume de Maria, Composer

<big><big><big>Les collines (never leave you)</big></big></big>
Raphaël Vialla, Composer
Angy Laperdrix, Composer
Julien Galner, Composer

<big><big><big>14 décembre</big></big></big>
Raphaël Vialla, Lyricist
Raphaël Vialla, Composer
Angy Laperdrix, Lyricist
Angy Laperdrix, Composer
Julien Galner, Lyricist
Julien Galner, Composer
Guillaume de Maria, Lyricist

<big><big><big>A coeur fendre</big></big></big>
Raphaël Vialla, Composer
Angy Laperdrix, Composer
Julien Galner, Composer

<big><big><big>Une fille difficile</big></big></big>
Raphaël Vialla, Composer
Angy Laperdrix, Composer
Julien Galner, Composer

<big><big>The New French Fab Four</big></big>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-13-2011 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: add photo
Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
Alizée strike force
You've got my attention.

I'd go but it's kinda hard for a 17 year-old to fly several states over for a couple days.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to jump on the "agree with Ben" bandwagon too. I was also at one time enthusiastic about promoting Alizée in America, but at some point I realized the ball was now in her court. Our letter was delivered to her and we know she got it. She knows where we stand and that we offered whatever help we could provide. It is really up to her to make the next move, if she chooses to do so.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Simple. Just carry a banner at the concert saying " You forgot someone" with A's silhouette on it.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I agree with Ben here as far as promotional efforts and I've been probably the most hard core case of promoting her. We need some help from Alizée. We can't do it on our own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I'm going to jump on the "agree with Ben" bandwagon too. I was also at one time enthusiastic about promoting Alizée in America, but at some point I realized the ball was now in her court. Our letter was delivered to her and we know she got it. She knows where we stand and that we offered whatever help we could provide. It is really up to her to make the next move, if she chooses to do so.
Yes, I've introduced people to her music when I'm playing it, but that's as far as I go. The only thing I've ever heard her say is that she *doesn't* want to be popular in the United States. (Doesn't want to "swim with the sharks" I think her words were) Sure, she said that a long time ago, at the height of her success in France, but until I hear her say otherwise, I'm not going to go on any grand promotional effort.
As for Mexico being handed to her on a silver platter... Mexico was handed to the 2000-2004 Alizée. That's what was dangled before the Mexican's eyes... La Isla Bonita's midriff-bearing seductress and the JEAM sexbomb, both doing Flamenco hands like she was born Spanish. That was the Alizée they were expecting, and she didn't want to be that girl anymore. She could have shown up in a JEAM outfit and two Mariachis and owned that joint. Not saying she should have, but she could have.
I personally think the idea of being away from her family shot that bird down.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well you're not missing out on much when its not an Alizee concert lol. Man why am I being so negative about this? I feel like I'm joining the dark side or something...

But really, things could be worse. It could have been Alizee's only US concert and you not being able to go...so don't worry, the world won't end
I'd like to go to their Montreal concert and just ask them to sign my UEDS CD.... but that's mostly because Montreal is a fun, fun town. Makes Vegas look like a nunnery, IMHO.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 02-14-2011 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Damn. 19+ to go.
There go my chances for that. Ugh, 2 for 2 on not being able to go

Tags
canada, chateau, marrmont, tour, usa