Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

You know, I'm an engineer AND an introvert. We live in a very specially category of introversia that even normal introverts have trouble grasping. That's because engineers, even extroverted engineers, have introverted tendencies.

But there is a way to tell. Yes, I am about to tell you the great difference between the introverted engineer and the extroverted engineer. Pull up a chair...and listen.....take notes. Here we go:

An introverted engineer looks at his own shoes. An extroverted engineer looks at YOUR shoes.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

How about one for us extroverts? Extroverts need love too ya know.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Wash warm, tumble dry.

ed2010 is on a distinguished road
Smile its alot like this...

Old 02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Infected by Lily

Bill Seals is on a distinguished road

I also recall reading somewhere that introverts have stronger internal conversations. As in, we talk to ourselves and have conversations in our head, as if there are two different "voices". I pretty much talk to myself the entire day, and I was shocked to discover that all people aren't like this. Weird, right?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Interesting article. However, I don't think you can always cleanly seperate introverts form extroverts, there are people who have both extrovert and introvert qualities (such as myself).
Old 02-04-2008, 04:18 PM

deanej is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee View Post
I am wondering how many introverts are in this forum. We should take a poll. But, most of the introverts may not answer the poll anyway.
We should. Most people who are responding to this thread seem to be introverts - I wonder if being an introvert affects the chances that someone will become an Alizée fan?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

I guess I am a little bit of both.
I like being by myself, but not for too long, because I really need my friends...I dont know what I would have done without them:O
I need someone to talk to, I cant sit all alone and watch tv for many hours.

I got to talk to someone every now and then, and thats also one of the reasons why I am registered at a lot of forums.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm an introvert. Twice I went on a 5 day solo canoe trip into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. No phones, no radio and no people. My only concern was injuring myself. Otherwise, I really didn't miss other people at all. I have many friends, but I also need a lot of alone time to recharge my batteries, and my friends understand this about me.

My sister is an extrovert and says that she needs to be around other people to recharge her batteries. I told her she's just sucking energy away from us introverts...
Old 02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Wow !! This pretty much describes me, great find there Bill... Now I don't have to explain my feelings to my friends, I can just have them read this, lol. I used to go out a lot, and at the end of the day I was extremely exhausted. Not just physically, but more mentally and emotionally. As I've grown up I've learned to make a stand for what I want and say no to my friends when I don't want to go out. I myself did not understand this, how can I not want to go out and have fun all the time? My biggest problem has been with my girlfriends, they all want to go out and paint the town every chance they can. I love to go out too, it's just I cherish my own private space and quiet time just as much or maybe even more. My friends, the ones that are married and kind of know what I like (quietness), tell me I don't stand a chance at marriage, and I think for the most part they are right. But at the same time, I think if you find the right person, there can be a compromise from both sides...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
tell me I don't stand a chance at marriage
Tis better to not stand a chance at marriage than chance a marriage you cannot stand.