Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 AM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Note: There is still DRM on this song, just as from all the other legal sites. Be prepared to either strip it, or run it on licensed machines only.
How do you strip a DRM? I'm not going to share the song with anyone, I just want to manipulate it with some audio software, and it won't let me with the DRM on there.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
How do you strip a DRM? I'm not going to share the song with anyone, I just want to manipulate it with some audio software, and it won't let me with the DRM on there.
The programs that are easiest to use, such as FreeUse4WM, require you to first obtain the license legitimately. You then simply run the song through the program, and it will be converted so that it never needs that license again. It's something you have to download. The fact that they require a legit license in the first place is how they manage to stay legal, despite the whining and gnashing of teeth from Microsoft et al.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

does Freeuse or Fairuse work with WMP 11? i tried and it didn't work and later found out that the latest WMP update cripples DRM ripping. it advised i downgrade to older WMP, but i haven't tried yet.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

FU4WM is listed as working with WMP 9, 10, and 11, though Microsoft continously tries to disable it. It's a battle back and forth between the two, trying to keep on top of eachother's techniques.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 AM

hmm i swear it doesn't work with WMP 11..or whatever the latest version that i have is. anyone know about this?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

sad thing is I but up all my dang credit cards like a few weeks ago!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Geez, how did we go from simply buying a 45, making a personal cassette copy for the car....and playing the music? Now we have to navigate DRM, WMA, MP3, and download players and patches and worrying about regions and all sorts of other shit...and that's after going through electronic gymnast hell to download the song in the first place, begging (pleading) the record company to accept a credit card that 99% of the free world willingly accepts. And it take a collective fan-based community to bring it together.

WHY MAKE IT SO HARD FOR CONSUMERS TO PART WITH THEIR MONEY AND BUY THE PRODUCT IN A MANNER THEY CAN ACTUALLY ENJOY IT?

I've given up. I'll wait for the CD....assuming I can actually buy it before I die of old age.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

lol Ogre you won't die anytime soon, probably when you actually meet Lili in person, backstage after her most recent concert that is hopefully to happen soon.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:34 AM

cuz OGRE, in the corporate world, the bottom line is MONEY and anything that can be done to maximize profits will be done.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

How long do you folks think it will take amazon.fr to put the new album on the site for pre-order ? I know that on amazon.com, it's not unusual ro see CDs and DVDs up for pre-orders more than a month or so before the release date.