Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

In-ear headphones are best since they cancel sound and the only thing between the music and your brain is your ear canal; that means no interference or warping of the sounds. I use a decent/will-do pair of Sonys you can find at Best Buy for like $25.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I have Sony MDR-7506 and AKG K240 headphones in my studio. You might be better off checking out what people who work in studios use rather than the typical consumer headphones. Try them out at a local music store. Here are 3 examples that have a fairly flat, accurate response curve.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MDR7506

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K240S/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD280Pro/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
In-ear headphones are best since they cancel sound and the only thing between the music and your brain is your ear canal; that means no interference or warping of the sounds. I use a decent/will-do pair of Sonys you can find at Best Buy for like $25.

Lefty's suggestions are great. I especially like the K240S, as open designs generally offer better sound quality than closed designs at the expense of sound isolation. I only use headphones when I don't want to wake people up with my stereo, so a little leakage in or out is fine with me in my situation.

Aaronius, if you are comparing those to the one's Lefty linked, then you would be wrong. Even the best earbuds cannot compare with decent headphones... the drivers are just too small. However, they are wonderfully portable, and decent ones like your Sonys are so much better than the crap that comes boxed with most mp3 players these days.

Last edited by severianb; 10-10-2010 at 10:52 PM..
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Aaronius, if you are comparing those to the one's Lefty linked, then you would be wrong. Even the best earbuds cannot compare with decent headphones... the drivers are just too small. However, they are wonderfully portable, and decent ones like your Sonys are so much better than the crap that comes boxed with most mp3 players these days.
Yeah, I guess I'm a guy that just needs decent sound quality in a portable and cheap set of headphones. Plus I hate having giant bulky headphones that go over your head. I feel that they attract attention in public. And plus I use mine to run.

The only bad thing about running with somewhat noise-cancelling in-ear headphones, is you can't hear a car coming up behind you when running on the street
Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Lol I know, I decided to go with over the ear headphones now. earbuds just cant give me the sound I NEED!!!!
Yea, I may look a bit odd with my big bose over-the-ears... but fuck them because you know what? I'm not listening to Limelight, I'm fuckin' in Limelight

Quote:
oh my lawdy those are the exact headphones I've been using for a few years now

Wonderfully sleek and small, symmetrical, good sound quality, sound canceling works like a charm....
Old 10-11-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
oh my lawdy those are the exact headphones I've been using for a few years now

Wonderfully sleek and small, symmetrical, good sound quality, sound canceling works like a charm....
Sadly my pair broke after just 6 months, so then I got a newer version of them...they are turqoise and red They have lasted me 2 years so far. Great headphones
Old 10-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sadly my pair broke after just 6 months, so then I got a newer version of them...they are turqoise and red They have lasted me 2 years so far. Great headphones
I've had three pairs so far

1. pulled the wire out of the bud

2. lost it completely

3. pulled the wire out of the bud AND lost both ear squishies (that's what I call them, if you believe differently, take it up with management)

After this last pair I said 'screw it' and I've been rockin' my bose headphones since then
Old 10-11-2010, 02:57 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I have Sony MDR-7506 and AKG K240 headphones in my studio. You might be better off checking out what people who work in studios use rather than the typical consumer headphones. Try them out at a local music store. Here are 3 examples that have a fairly flat, accurate response curve.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MDR7506

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K240S/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD280Pro/
Just bought the Sonys - based on your recommendation, and the flat response curve in the vocal range.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
After this last pair I said 'screw it' and I've been rockin' my bose headphones since then
Yah, I might eventually convert. My brother left these: http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...70&src=k232270 at home when he went back to college so I started using them all the time. They are super amazing The quality is so crisp and clear. And if you wanted to you could use them as a stereo
Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for all the help guys! I only got one response over at AF.

I asked some of my musician buddies as well, and then agreed with the Sennheiser HD280 pros that Lefty mentioned, but also said going up to the Sennheiser HD380 pros was a good idea, so thats what I ended up going with.

Thank you guys so much for all of your help!!!! Lili sounds great.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM

desmodromic is on a distinguished road

Sennheiser headphones. Simply the best. Alizee's music deservses it. They have always been my favorites for the pure clarity of the music.

desmo