Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-09-2006, 07:30 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617
Can anyone suggest any new American Artists that are good? By new I would mean anyone after 2000.
What kind of music? I could talk about that subject all day, so you need to give me a little focus.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:57 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I'm a session guitarist and also play in several bands. The music that I hear today is not what I call good music. Many of my fellow players from all over the world that I speak with daily, agree with me on this point. They are all fed up with shred, metal, and what is being offered as alternative listening music such as Ashley Simpson and others that fall into that group.

Luckily one of my European friends turned me on to Alizee and now I have begun, out of curiosity, to listen to other French singers. I actually like the music being sung in French better then the English versions as it sounds much better to me, even though I cannot understand the language.

After seeing Entertainment Tonight and similar shows, I am fed up with the BS I see being paraded as entertainment news. I want to see entertainment news from other countries and particularly, France.

It is just my opinion, but the USA has gotten way beyond the ridiculous in many ways. The crap they are trying to pawn off on the public leaves much to be desired. This country is being dumbed down and I cannot tolerate ignorance, or stupidity as is being portrayed on TV here anymore.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:56 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4
I'm a session guitarist and also play in several bands. The music that I hear today is not what I call good music. Many of my fellow players from all over the world that I speak with daily, agree with me on this point. They are all fed up with shred, metal, and what is being offered as alternative listening music such as Ashley Simpson and others that fall into that group.

It is just my opinion, but the USA has gotten way beyond the ridiculous in many ways. The crap they are trying to pawn off on the public leaves much to be desired. This country is being dumbed down and I cannot tolerate ignorance, or stupidity as is being portrayed on TV here anymore.
Have you looked into the independent music scene? Commercial radio has always been crap, as far as I'm concerned. There's plenty of good music out there, but the most visible artists are those who appeal to a mass audience ("lowest common denominator").

I would suggest listening to college radio, or trying out a website like Pandora (www.pandora.com), which lets you build your own Internet radio station. They play a lot of indie or lesser-known artists, especially if that's how you build your station.

Quote:
After seeing Entertainment Tonight and similar shows, I am fed up with the BS I see being paraded as entertainment news. I want to see entertainment news from other countries and particularly, France.
Sounds like the problem is watching entertainment news. As far as I'm concerned, entertainment should NOT be combined with news, because it's the quality of news that suffers. Again, I would suggest looking into alternative news sources. The only mainstream news station (that I know of) that still has any credibility is the BBC, and even they have been co-opted to some extent.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

I for one use this free little program:
http://www.screamer-radio.com/
There are many pre-defined radios from all over the world and it works very well. You can choose stations by genre, by network and by region/country. France is well covered if you're interested. You can record what's playing, etc (although you'll have to edit the mp3s to reassemble them because they're not cut at the right timing)
Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Her new single A l’ombre will be available for download from 22nd October.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

If anyone wants it, PM me.