Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2007, 09:00 AM

Minno is on a distinguished road

Ever consider the military? Not for everyone, but if your asvab scores are high enough and you can pass the DLAB then you can be a linguist. I begin basic in september with the Navy, going into CTI school. All training paid for, get to study at Monterey (VERY good language school) and great benefits.

http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/o...ogy/whatiscti/

Not trying to sound like a recruiter, but it is an option Good luck!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee_is_Scottish! View Post
And if you become very skilful, you could be a cunning linguist - and I've never met a woman who doesn't like that.
LOL!

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thats amazazazing View Post
become a translator?

My brother was set on becoming a translator for the UN, because he learned french alot better then i did growing up, (both of my parents are french)

anyways, he got interested in languages at around the age of 8, and he was bottled up in his room alot, reading, and learning, by his sophomore year he was speaking with his mexicans friends fluently, and my father was teaching him german

but if you are a translator, you can do alot of things, like, work for businesses that have ties with more then one country, translate articles or documents, alot of things ^_^

edit: whoops, don't know if my posts counts or not, but alot of language studying is required to be a translator :d
I hadn't even thought of this. That is brilliant! Thanks for suggesting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
Ever consider the military? Not for everyone, but if your asvab scores are high enough and you can pass the DLAB then you can be a linguist. I begin basic in september with the Navy, going into CTI school. All training paid for, get to study at Monterey (VERY good language school) and great benefits.

http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/o...ogy/whatiscti/

Not trying to sound like a recruiter, but it is an option Good luck!
My dad was in the Marines, and him and my grandma tried to get me to join, but I can't. The left side of my chest is somewhat curved in, and I can't be in combat, because if I get hit there it is a serious health risk. Military isn't an option for me, but thanks for suggesting it.

Last edited by Tye; 07-30-2007 at 12:06 AM..
Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 PM

Stringer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thats amazazazing View Post
but if you are a translator, you can do alot of things, like, work for businesses that have ties with more then one country, translate articles or documents, alot of things ^_^
as well as JOIN THE ARMY!