Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
MJ is gonna be tough to sing live...it sounds really synthisized and has tons of background tracks added to the melody.
Yep. That's what I was going to post until I read yours.

Of course, they can synthesize in real time if necessary, but that's probably best left to concert. Ah...memories of the "Oh loup y'es tu" in Gourmandises....check it out En Concert....synthesized in real time.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

She sings live if the TV lets her. Simple as that.

It's not question about her ability to sing or not.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Do I want her to sing live? Yes.
Will I be disappointed? Not necessarily. I'll just be ecstatic to see her perform again. Who knows, maybe we'll get a few performances like the live Moi... Lolita.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Smile

I'd be happy to see her sit in a lounge chair while they play her song on the Tonight Show, French version of course. No sweaterboy this time

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Who knows, maybe we'll get a few performances like the live Moi... Lolita.
As much as i'd like to see her sing Moi Lolita, Gourmadies, even ACC...i'd prefer, in fact...i HOPE she doesn't. As that old cliche goes, its all about "what have you done for me lately" Alizee can learn and even build from their past sucesses, but by singing her old music now...it may appear that she's depending her old stuff to promote or even fuel her comback. And that could spell trouble. You can tell Alizee is anxious to move on. So i hope she axes the ML's and ACC's for awhile...

THAT SAID...from here on in...its all the NEW alizee music for me!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:54 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Actually, what I meant by that was, while I don't think we'll get live singing most of the time, in one performance of ML, I think in Germany, she sung live. I'd like to see her sing live at least a few times outside of concert.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

yeah i would be dissapoint too if she didnt song live ,when i 1st watch the en concert! her voice seems to be good than the lipsync! its a natural voice! i like it!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

U guys...she'll do it both ways. She did it both ways b4, although more times sync'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
THAT SAID...from here on in...its all the NEW alizee music for me!
And as far as all new for me from now on...never! I don't think she should sing the old chit until her concerts, but Imma still listen to it, lol. Plus, how can u say that? U'll be listening to the same song for another month or so, lol. U needa mix it up, or u just get burnt out and can end up hating a song u loved.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
U guys...she'll do it both ways. She did it both ways b4, although more times sync'd.

And as far as all new for me from now on...never! I don't think she should sing the old chit until her concerts, but Imma still listen to it, lol. Plus, how can u say that? U'll be listening to the same song for another month or so, lol. U needa mix it up, or u just get burnt out and can end up hating a song u loved.
all i can say is your right! i think yeah! she'll do live performance and some is sync! not all singer can have sing live as they must have permissions
Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
there i said it ...

i just watched avril lavigne rock out in france live in quite a few videos on youtube. i'm not really an avril fan, but if she can do it, alizée definitely can. i don't know if i buy the whole "all french artists do it" thing anymore. maybe it is true, but after looking through youtube every american artist on french tv is singing live.

if she is still lip syncing her songs on the tv performances, i'm going to be a little disappointed.
I'm not sure what to expect exactly in that department. I guess I had assumed that she would be performing lip-synched since that had been the norm before and in my limited experience is the norm for French television in general. Also, once I heard the final version of MJ, I could tell it would be very difficult to perform live, at least as a promotion for the single... mainly because I would think, in principle, one would want to be promoting pretty much the exact same product as she was selling. Promoting the album with a live version (which would be considerably different) might be a slightly different story; I don't know.

One off-the-wall theory I'm having is that maybe one of the leaked MJ (or a similar version) might not only have been a preliminary development version, but possibly also a test for how a more live version might sound. It's a thought anyway.

I guess, with the highly processed sound of the final MJ single, I kinda doubt that she'll be performing MJ live, at least not for a while. That's my impression anyway... Cool though it may be to see/hear her perform it live.