Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-26-2007, 09:57 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud10 View Post
So lately I got a new job at the Get N Go Shell Gas Station. He starts yelling at me and calling me a prick. "That little sh** in there didn't remind me to take my beer" "I was sitting in my car packing my cigarettes and that bastard didn't bring my beer out." I found that guys attitude very uncalled for Any interesting stories from your places of work?
really, you should have reminded him to grab his beer....how hard was it for YOU to see that? You both were at fault, you didnt remind him and he forgot his beer. He did sound like he was trying to get you fired, you had all rights to road rage him and drive him off a cliff and leave with satisfaction
Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think the worst thing is having to deal with the public. I agree with Ogre, though, learn some disarming techniques. They can go a long way to reducing conflict at work as well as in your personal life.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:00 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So lately I got a new job at the Get N Go Shell Gas Station well today at work some guy comes in and buys a pack of cigarettes and a 32 case of beer. After I gave him his change and everything, I went to restock some of the cigarettes and I looked and realized the beer was still there so i thought the guy went to the restroom, seriously the pack is pretty big shouldn't be that hard to remember. well a few minutes later I see the guy drive off. I tell my manager that he forgot his beer, and she tells me to put it in the freezer in case he comes back. A few minutes later he comes back and I politely tell the guy his beer is in the freezer. He starts yelling at me and calling me a prick. He grabs his beer and talks to my manager out front. She taps on the window giving me the notion to come outside. She said the guy said "That little sh** in there didn't remind me to take my beer" "I was sitting in my car packing my cigarettes and that bastard didn't bring my beer out." She told me she told him it wasn't my fault that he forgot his beer. The thing I find funny is that he remembers his small pack of cigarettes but forgets his case of beer thats bigger then his head. Like seriously all that for a case of beer. I found that guys attitude very uncalled for Any interesting stories from your places of work?
whoa whoa whoa the guy forgot the 32 pk of beer!!?

i wouldnt use him to make a beer run. and why the hell would it be your damn fault. what a dick.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
The best attitude to take when working in a place like that is to be the little "light of comfort" to the miserable souls who venture in. This guy was obviously upset, and I doubt it was really about the beer...or even about you.

I've found the first step is to let them have their vent, taking a step to vindicate their misery...such as "I'm sorry sir, I didn't notice you had left your beer until you were gone. As soon as I noticed, I put it in the fridge to keep it cold for you". That response should disarm most "good" folk, and they will either back off their vent or maintain the same level of vent. In both those cases, you've done your job of providing a bit of comfort for them.

However, if they escalate after your apology, back off and call the police. They are either not of sound mind, or their beligerance is a ploy designed to get you off guard and vulnerable. These are rare, but they do exist. Your apology, in this instance, will be interpreted as weaknes. So you must be ready to act quickly to call for reinforcements.
Thats what I did though. The guy came in and I'm like "Hey your beer is in the freezer" Then thats when he yelled at me and "I said sorry didn't realize you left till the last minute", then he went out and complained to the mananager.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:08 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
really, you should have reminded him to grab his beer....how hard was it for YOU to see that? You both were at fault, you didnt remind him and he forgot his beer. He did sound like he was trying to get you fired, you had all rights to road rage him and drive him off a cliff and leave with satisfaction
I got focused on something else thus why I didn't realize he forgot his beer. I had to go and restock some of the cigarettes then I saw the beer when I was checking the pumps to see who was prepaying and those that weren't. I thought the guy went to the restroom or something. seriously he remembered his small pack of cigarettes but not his 32 case of beer, so it's not really my fault because I had another job to do so it's not really my responsibility to make sure to customers remember everything when I have other things to do. Sometimes I gotta do two jobs at once and such, can be a hassle sometimes.

Last edited by Bud10; 10-26-2007 at 02:42 PM..
Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

North American beer is awful. I've never liked the stuff.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
North American beer is awful. I've never liked the stuff.
I don't know about that...Most yes but Sam Adams?

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

There are micro-breweries that have sprung up all over that make some pretty good beers and ales. There's a little brew pub in Grand Marais Michigan in the U.P. right on Lake Superior that brews something they call Hematite Stout which I really enjoyed.

In Minnesota there are many small towns that were settled by Germans and they brew local beers that are pretty good.

Last edited by lefty12357; 10-26-2007 at 04:56 PM..
Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Bud10, I think/hope that Matrix was being sarcastic here. And yeah, some people get really cranky about weird things; sometimes it's something else going on totally different somewhere else, sometimes they're intoxicated or irrational, etc. Sorry to hear that it happened to you.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So lately I got a new job at the Get N Go Shell Gas Station well today at work some guy comes in and buys a pack of cigarettes and a 32 case of beer. After I gave him his change and everything, I went to restock some of the cigarettes and I looked and realized the beer was still there so i thought the guy went to the restroom, seriously the pack is pretty big shouldn't be that hard to remember. well a few minutes later I see the guy drive off. I tell my manager that he forgot his beer, and she tells me to put it in the freezer in case he comes back. A few minutes later he comes back and I politely tell the guy his beer is in the freezer. He starts yelling at me and calling me a prick. He grabs his beer and talks to my manager out front. She taps on the window giving me the notion to come outside. She said the guy said "That little sh** in there didn't remind me to take my beer" "I was sitting in my car packing my cigarettes and that bastard didn't bring my beer out." She told me she told him it wasn't my fault that he forgot his beer. The thing I find funny is that he remembers his small pack of cigarettes but forgets his case of beer thats bigger then his head. Like seriously all that for a case of beer. I found that guys attitude very uncalled for Any interesting stories from your places of work?
Oh, there could have been many things going on here. Customer could be a drunk (hence his overreaction), could have been mental (ditto) or could just have been an asshole. Expecting YOU to come out and deliver the beer to the guys car is just ass-hat-ry!

Maybe he just broke up with his girl/boyfriend - whatever. The only thing to be aware of is the mental health issues. If he was really unstable - that could always be "interesting".....

However, mental issues aside, there was no reason for him to go off on you. That was just downright rude.

D

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience