Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFan View Post
I doubt this will go over well here but it is the way I see... or hear it. I'm curious as to what others think.
After listening to the samples of each song on the new album, I can't say I'm very impressed. Oh they aren't bad, but they didn't meet my expectations of what Alizee is capable of.
Her voice is one of the greatest of all time. It should not be degraded with "techno-crap".
The reason this style is somewhat popular now is that artists who can't sing use it to mask their inferior voices. Britney is a prime example of someone who got a free ride on looks and masking a lousy voice.
I know she is capable of much better and hope she refines her new style to match her talent.
Don't shoot the messenger!
If anything there are a reduced amount of songs that have a techno-feel to them. She said it herself that there is a mix of everything in this new album.

I personally think there should be more electronic, or songs with a faster beat now that I've listened to them all.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

the more i listen to this album, i think this is her best one. i love it more every day.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
the more i listen to this album, i think this is her best one. i love it more every day.
Im with brad on hat i love her new song's!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFan View Post
Don't shoot the messenger!
Bang Bang.......Bang.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Get the CD and listen to it with quality speakers or headphones then judge her work. There were songs on both of Alizée's MF/LB CD's I wasn't thrilled about at first. They grew on me as I played them. Even the songs that I was so so with the studio versions the live En Concert changed that impression quickly. I remember when we only had a 30 second sample of MJ and I wasn't real happy with the song. But after recording the radio interview and listening to MJ in full in my car I have really enjoyed the new Alizée style.
I'm not passing formal judgment until I have her CD in my grubby hands and have listen to it for at least a week.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

When I heard Alizee sing for the first time it didn't take thirty seconds for me to notice I was listening to something special.
I don't understand French so I was missing out on the meanings of the lyrics yet I was still blown away with her performances.
Why then should her new songs require a "break-in period"?
Consider this... Her "old" songs weren't that great by themselves. Alizee brought them to life. I doubt they would have the same magic if someone else were to sing them. Oh they would be well worth listening to but would they still leave us in awe?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

taxi driver, jamais plus, lily town - just to name a few, are so catchy and addicting i don't see how you wouldn't love them.

but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if it isn't connecting with you then there isn't really a way for us to make you like it more.

that said, you will need to be shot (obviously)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
agreed. nuff said!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

While I think the album's great, I'm not sure if I'd rank it above the first two just yet...
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
While I think the album's great, I'm not sure if I'd rank it above the first two just yet...
Agree. Voice is beautiful as ever. But I still love the charm, depth, and variety of Laurent's compositions and Mylene's lyrics. Gotta listen to the new stuff from all angles quite a few times before I can rack and stack 'em.

Music shines by where it sits once the newness wears off. As a fan, it's hard to tell how much of the love is due to new and how much is long term. I can say the old songs are long term favorites. We'll wait and see on the new.