A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paenguin View Post
My feeling?
Shit happens, leave her alone.
Get a life, shes got one.
GET LAID, like Jérémy.

(this of course directed to idiots who are turning emo because of the sitch*)
I would like to leave her alone (I fever criticized her) but It is not so easy . I just can´t think like if this never happened or it wont affect the future in her career.
But right now my mind is so scrambled that I cant post what I feel . I guess it is my other passion, Im off to my soccer match wainting for me to be viewed
Old 01-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I’m not saying she hasn’t made mistakes, but the mistakes she has made have probably affected her more than me.
Most certainly, and that's something for us to keep in mind. At worst, what does it do to any of us? A little temporary disappointment. It's her career. We're just the audience, the critics, the supporters.

For me? Her telepathic presence in my life is still strong. I still have her albums and can listen to them whenever I want. Thanks to my year of starving-author unemployment, I couldn't have gone to any of her concerts anyway, so the one that was canceled wasn't depriving me of anything.

Far as I can see the only big mistake she made was to disappear without a word. A simple "OK, I'm winding down the Pychédélices promotion now, so you won't hear from me for a while, but I'm working on something even better and hope to see you soon" would have made a lot of difference. But the lack of it didn't hurt me directly, only indirectly by hurting herself. And several people have already told her she made a mistake there, and she's gotten the message whether or not she chooses to follow the advice, so it makes no sense to rehash things over and over. She's a grownup and has to learn from her own mistakes just like everyone else.

I see no reason to abandon her, either as a friend or as a fan.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-07-2009, 12:24 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I feel the same way towards her that I always have. Alizee is a special talent and I am greatful for what she has done up to now. I wish she did communicate with her fans, but there is probably a very good reason she hasn't. Selfishly and for other fans sake I hope she continues to make music. I will continue to support her and enjoy her music old or new.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Merely a break, she hasn't done to many interviews lately so she is cooking something up as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Well I think Les Enfoirés is taking up her time this month, then after that we may start hearing some new things.
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Well, I'm still a fan of hers.
All I have to do is go watch Star a Domicile, 2003 and i'm hooked all over again, or La Isla Bonita, or, well, you get the picture...
I noticed you mentioned just the old stuff. We may never see "that" Alizée again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Far as I can see the only big mistake she made was to disappear without a word. A simple "OK, I'm winding down the Pychédélices promotion now, so you won't hear from me for a while, but I'm working on something even better and hope to see you soon" would have made a lot of difference. But the lack of it didn't hurt me directly, only indirectly by hurting herself. And several people have already told her she made a mistake there, and she's gotten the message whether or not she chooses to follow the advice, so it makes no sense to rehash things over and over. She's a grownup and has to learn from her own mistakes just like everyone else.
I will admit I am still surprised that we have not heard anything. there must be a lot of pain there for her. It's as though she has let go of that entire effort. Perhaps she is looking at what did and what did not work, and is rethinking how she wants to go from here forward. If so, GOOD!

The next time she re-emerges she really has to get it right. Some rethinking is a really good idea.

I too am very curious as to what the next chapter contains.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

It's her life, let her live it. I would love to be able to sit down one-on-one with her and do a Barbara Walters on her. But since that's not going to happen, there's nothing else I can do. I can tell you what I think, but that amounts to next to nothing.

Paenguin, good to see you again.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My feeling?
GET LAID, like Jérémy.

agreed

Old 01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My feeling?
GET LAID, like Jérémy.

That makes two of us bud, totally agree...
*Starts to cut himself with a dull blade*

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:02 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I can tell you what I think, but that amounts to next to nothing.
Rocket, you sure have a way with words.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I hope so.
I noticed you mentioned just the old stuff. We may never see "that" Alizée again.
I was hooked by that stuff first, and it still hits me, god alone knows why... MJ, Mon Taxi Driver and 50/60 are nice, and I do like them - but the old stuff (Most ESPECIALLY) L'important C'est D'aimer - still kills me...

The "six-pack" of Alizée that Scruffydog did was amazing stuff imho - and works great...

I'm not missing the old Alizée, I'm just waiting to see what she does next!

Ed

P.S. - Me waves to Ogre who I haven't seen in awhile... o/

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 01-08-2009, 01:28 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, it was very disappointing that things did not go well for her in France. I felt sure it would go better than that. And then to see her pretty much disappear for half a year made me rather lonely missing her, but even more just thinking that if she's still wanting to have this career I wish she could make it work better. I don't like to see her drop out of existence because her promotion was not going well or whatever was going on and see her allow her fan sites to dry up and disappear. It has been painful seeing things dissolve ever since I left Mexico and five concerts that I had such a great time at. Things were supposed to pick up again after that and they never did. It's sort of like being at the best party and suddenly I notice that everyone is just gone. Except, you are all still here and that's good. I don't know what she's going to do or what I'm going to do. The future is still opaque to me. That does not feel good.
And as much as I was hurt about the whole complicated situation with the last concert that was not to be, I'm still an Alizée fan and I'm waiting for her next appearance, next album, whatever. And if you think I'm an idiot for becoming obsessed with Alizée and a bit emo because she's so inaccessible, maybe you are right, but you also don't live my life; so, pray you never have to experience some of the things I've experienced, though thanks to Alizée I've also experienced some of the best times of my life. [/emo]

Merci Fanny