Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
RE: The adoption rumors,

Please oh Please Alizee! (on my knees) pick me

Why bother with an infant, it is soooo overrated, especially when you can have a 35 year old slightly balding middle age career man! I am:
-potty trained
-pretty self sufficient
-able to clean up after myself
-able to bring home an income
-have been know to cook a few good dishes on occasion
-and most of all I am a very very very good boy!

I will also make an awesome big brother!

If interested, please contact me at:
ineedahome@adopt-middleage-americans.org
LOL I thought of that too. We need to start an adult orphans home for hopeful Alizée adoptives.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-20-2009, 03:43 PM

Edisythe is on a distinguished road
Default Translation and My take

Here is my own translation about the article somebody posted and somebody else asked about later:

http://www.elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=116292

Alizee wishes to adopt a baby.

For considering it a human act, singer Alizee said she would like to adopt a child as other artists have done, but only after having one of her own.

AGUASCALIENTES.- "Since I became a mom, I have thought of this: it is true that there are so many orphan children that live in hard situtations, so different of those of my daughter, so i've told myself, Why Not?

But I'm young and I would like to have a second son, and a third could be adopted", she daid, at a press conference.

She went ahead to say that in her next disc, she will sing a song in spanish, though she did not clear up if there would be a duet along an spanish singer.

"Maybe the next album, but that is a surprise", she assured.

The french singer said she was surprised as how the mexican public took one of her videos, at the beggining of her career, in which she appeared with few clothes.
"In France, I didnt call anybody's attention, because it was just a single for an album, they were more interested in the music, but in Mexico they were more interested in the clothes, but well, people understand one grows up"

When questioned about returning to her "lolita" image, she responded in ironic form: "Well, Im 25 years old, Im getting old"

The singer was yesteday in Aguascalientes to inagurate the San Marcos Fair, which this year has France as the invited country. That night it was programmed so she would cheer up the dinner ball of Gabriela the Second, Queen of the 2009 fair.

By Manuel Apendini

Last edited by Edisythe; 04-20-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
RE ou bien CHIPE

rehochipe is on a distinguished road

voila!

here's the translation

Considerating as a human fact she´s s willing to adopt a child like another artists done but only after having her own

Since I am a mom I was thinking that, there are lots of orphan children who live in a very hard situation, different as well as my child is living, that’s because I’m telling myself, “why not?”

“yes, I’m still young and I’d like to have a second child, and a third one could be adopted”, she said in conference.
She said that in her third album she’ll sing in Spanish although she said nothing about a duet whit a latin singer

“maybe in the next album, but that’s a surprise!”

French singer felt herself surprised about the reaction of the Mexican people because of a video, in the beginnings of her career, where she’s wearing small clothes (JEAM)

In France that video were not amazing for anyone cause that was only a single, they were more interested by the music, anyway in México people were amazed by the clothes, “People don’t see I’m growing”

She was questioned about adopting again her “LOLITA” style, she answered on an ironic way “well, I’m 25, I’m getting older”

Alizée was yesterday in Aguascalientes, for starting “La Feria de San Marcos” as guest Country France

y si caminas por espinas... y si caminas por el sol... sere tu protector... y te cuidare....
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I mean, seriously...Oedipus complex, anyone?
Yes please !
Old 04-20-2009, 04:49 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When questioned about returning to her "lolita" image, she responded in ironic form: "Well, Im 25 years old, Im getting old"
Alizeé should only consider returning to the 'lolita' image if she intends to leave singing and do stand-up comedy. She is well beyond that phase. Not that I blame Alizeé - she answered the question politely and succinctly. Whoever asked it however demonstrated a mixture of impudence and foolishness.

But the fact remains Alizeé needs to rediscover who she is as a performer. With her considerable talents why she ignores some and underperforms others remains a mystery to me.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

It seems that this adoption thing is coming into a little more perspective. What I read from the posts above is that someone probably lobbed a question like, "Hey have you considered adopting like your life long idol Madonna?" And of course she answered like anyone else would, "Yeah it sucks that there is so much poverty and hardships in the world, and yeah sure I would consider adopting to make a difference."

I know that would be my take if someone asked me.

It's hard to tell if this was the nature of the exchange, but I would venture to guess it might be close. So I'm not going to get all worked up about it, but still keeping my application in

-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought she was 24?? She was born in August of 1984.

About her performance: I'm sorry to hear the crowd wasn't too enthusiastic and that she was apparently nervous (again), at least in the beginning. Also, I don't really like her current style/look.

Last edited by dreamer; 04-20-2009 at 05:39 PM..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Holy cow indeed! Thanks Edgar, eager for your return. Oh boy, start the speculations. You know what that makes me think? Someone will say it.
Holy cow indeed!.. You guys are going wayy too fast .

EDIT* I can see that 2 of our folks just beat me to it , well I already made it and here is my try. BTW, sorry if I missed any t, my keyboard is kind of broken .

The Translation of the adoption article:

http://www.elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=116292

Alizée Wishes to adopt a baby.

Considering it a human act, the french singer Alizée said that she would like to adopt a baby as other actresses (dunno if she meant actresses of artists, in spanish is the same) have done, though, this would be after having one of her own.

AGUASCALIENTES.- "Since I have been a mother I have thought about that, it is true that there are so many homeless kids that live in very hard situations, so different from my daughter's, so I have told myself "why not?".

But I am young and I would like to have a second kid and the third one* could be adopted", she stated in the press conference.

She said that in her next album she will sing a song in spanish, though she did not clarify if she is going to perform in duet along a spanish-speaking singer.

"Maybe in the next album, but that's a surprise", she assured.

The french singer said that she was surprised about the way Mexican public took one of her her videos from the beginning of her career, in which she performs with few clothes.

"In France, it didn't take the attention of anyone because it was a single for an album, they were more interested in the music, but in Mexico they were more interested in the clothes pretty much, anyway, people realizes that one is growing up". (what...was that ? kind of rude for me, being Mexican)

When she was asked if she was going to re-take her Lolita image, she ironically replied "Well, I am 25, I'm getting old".

The singer was yesterday in Aguascalientes to inaugurate the San Marcos fair, which has France as its guest this year.

By the night, it was programmed that she would liven up the dinner-show that would crown Gabriela Segunda, queen of the 2009 fair.

(Manuel Appendi).

* when she said "the third one", she didn't mean a third kid, like if she was supposing that. If she had been supposing that, then it would be "a third one". Just wanted to point it out.

BTW mods, I think that it would be a good a idea to split the thread or make a new one about the press articles we are getting, just to keep the thread with the event's stuff. Just an idea .

I can see that there is a lot more to translate, Im gonna work on that today. There is more interesting stuff as well.

Last edited by edgar93; 04-20-2009 at 06:00 PM..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the translations guys

Quote:
RE: The adoption rumors,

Please oh Please Alizee! (on my knees) pick me

Why bother with an infant, it is soooo overrated, especially when you can have a 35 year old slightly balding middle age career man! I am:
-potty trained
-pretty self sufficient
-able to clean up after myself
-able to bring home an income
-have been know to cook a few good dishes on occasion
-and most of all I am a very very very good boy!

I will also make an awesome big brother!

If interested, please contact me at:
ineedahome@adopt-middleage-americans.org
Hahaha, man, that made me laugh, really

Actually... now when I think about it... I'm not so old... I'm even younger than she... I'll have to think about it
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edisythe View Post
Here is my own translation about the article somebody posted and somebody else asked about later:
Thanks so much for the translation and your story. It was definitely not too long or anything. Your perspective and insights are much appreciated.

Quote:
It seems that this adoption thing is coming into a little more perspective. What I read from the posts above is that someone probably lobbed a question like, "Hey have you considered adopting like your life long idol Madonna?" And of course she answered like anyone else would, "Yeah it sucks that there is so much poverty and hardships in the world, and yeah sure I would consider adopting to make a difference."

I know that would be my take if someone asked me.

It's hard to tell if this was the nature of the exchange, but I would venture to guess it might be close. So I'm not going to get all worked up about it, but still keeping my application in

-B
It is interesting to consider how the question came up. You have a good point. It is hard to tell not having the original question, answer and circumstances, but rather some report translated from one language to another to another. However, Alizée seems to be communicating a couple things by saying stuff like this: 1. as she's said before she's grown up and had a child which changed her perspective on life and the result is that she is not a flirty teenager anymore and not even a Katy Perry or even Mylène Farmer type. I think this has less to do with her age as just her perspective on life. 2. being that and considering her financial situation, etc. she doesn't really need us or this. That is, long gone are the days where her only focus in life is on being a performer and being thrilled to be a popular star. She has other interests and has seen the risks and difficulties in this work. It is to say, she has other (or additional) purpose in life than caring so much what people think about her or making a crowd of people happy with her dancing and singing.

And edgar, how are we going to know what is interesting until someone translates it?

And as for her age, I think she tends to round off. It's about 4 months until her birthday. Mais, c'est juste une semaine, jusqu'à l'anniversaire de sa petite fille.

Merci Fanny