Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Une Enfant Du Siecle be successful?
Very Successful 11 44.00%
Somewhat Successful 7 28.00%
Average 5 20.00%
Not At All 0 0%
Not as successful as her other albums 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I think I'll wait to vote until I've heard the album.
i pray it will be very successful but i am with deepwaters. i will buy the album, that is for sure. i pray that she will continue her success in mexico and her fans will continue to grow in the united states.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
i pray it will be very successful but i am with deepwaters. i will buy the album, that is for sure. i pray that she will continue her success in mexico and her fans will continue to grow in the united states.
I understand your view, but I believe the poll is for what do you think is going to happen with album based on what has happened till now.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I understand your view, but I believe the poll is for what do you think is going to happen with album based on what has happened till now.
i do not think alizee herself could answer this question. i am sure she was hoping her last album was successful. the question reads 'will une enfant du siecle be successful?' not 'will une enfant du siecle be successful based on what has happened until now?' but to answer the question at hand, i must consult my magic 8 ball. the answer is: 'ask me again later.'

to answer 'will une enfant du siecle be successful based on what has happened until now?' let us look at the past: huge mega success with gourmandises. good success with mes courants electriques. took a hiatus of four years to get married and start a family. comes back with psychedelices earning mediocre success. a sudden rise of popularity in mexico in 2008. based on this information i would say that une enfant du siecle will be a dissapointing flop leaving alizee in total destitute. because of the lack of sales; producers and record companies will be less than enthusiastic to back any future projects. alizee will fade into oblivion, going back to her family and spend her remaining years telling her grandchildren how she was once the brightest star in all of europe. of course i am just talking out of my a$$.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

It really depends on the strength of the first single and her performances of it, as well as the marketing of the album.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

I took the question to mean successful in the commercial sense of sales, and said that it would be an average success.

I think Alizée might regain popularity among those who grew up listening to her music and those who listen to the kind of music this new album will present. Other than that there are, of course, her fans across the world. As for everyone else, I'm not so sure.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Smile yah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
so yah I guess I'm saying what your magic 8 ball(Karlalizee) or what you hope for. But yah I know there are many types of success so thats why I asked you guys to discuss what you think will happen(like most of you did). But yah thx Chuck for clearing that up and discussing it. So actually I should say what level of success(and what type) do you think the album will hit.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I also took the question to be commercial success. From a purely practical point of view, she needs to do well enough to keep the doors open to her at the record company. She doesn't want to lose access to the distribution chain.

Other than that, I agree with Topaz on the definition of success.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 PM
n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
By definition, an album is a "success" if the artist is happy with the outcome. If people like or love it, all the better. You have to be true to yourself, the rest may follow. There are many artists who do not sell millions and are considered successful. As it is with beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.
that is true through the eyes of the artist. the record company, however, looks at success with $$$$$. about the only way a record company will back someone who is not selling is if they think the artist is a sleeper. that means they hope that someday the public will wake up to the artist's music and it will catch on.

then again one can start thier own record company and produce anything you want and anyway that you want.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I have a hunch about this one. I think she will do well with it.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking woh

So like what if like we're like totally underestimating this album. Like that would be like so awesome. And watch her like totally rule the world after this album like seriously that would be like my dream like seriously hahahaha. But yah sry i like to make fun of when people say like x50(not that anyone did). But that would be awesome if this album goes top o' ze pops yaoh