Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

"You must do what you feel is right, of course."
Old 03-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Depends how you look at it:

Either you help kill the enemy.

or

You help keep the men and women of our armed forces safe.

Who knows what you'll end up doing? Maybe you'll help with defensive weaponry, that case, even if you do end up engaging in combat, it'll be for your own life.

Take me for example, I'm headed off to the Veterinary Corps, which is a branch of the Medical Corps. The only way I'll see combat is I'm attacked. (Or if North Korea starts acting up, then I'm switching over to infantry!)

Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Veterinary Corps? Wasabs, that's awesome!! And so's the fact that your eye is gonna get better. And so's the fact that you've just made 6 posts in 11 minutes! (And did you see that the "Open Letter" thread had some action today? If not, chek yer mailbox...)
Old 03-04-2010, 01:39 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

FRA I don't envy the decisions you must make in your life. What you are asking from us is an impossible task. No human being knows your heart, mind and spirit. It seems to me that you will make the decision that aligns with, what harmonizes your heart, mind and spirit. This is a powerful commitment and decision and for your own sake it must be made fully committed without reservation. The fact that you are so conflicted tells me that you are not ready to do so. Not earth shattering insights beyond what you opened with. I am supporting you to be right where you are and you are exactly where you are supposed to be @ this moment in your young life. Just be patient and honest with yourself and the answers will come to you.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

yea its impossible for me to make too, I keep thinking it over and over and find myself not getting anywhere

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:21 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well, I don't know about AF, but I do have Army experience. First of all, don't listen to me, unless you actually think it will help. Second, do what EVERYONE is telling you: Listen to your own heart. Third, being a pilot does not guarantee a life of killing. Most of your flight time will come from practice, anyways. Fourth, consider America's current position. We are at war, but with a country that does not exactly have a spectacular air force. Fifth, think of the other jobs you could do. A ground job, like the engineering you mentioned, could be used to develop the next F-22. Sixth, tell me, and everyone else, to shut the F%$# up; let you decide on your own.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLP View Post
Well, I don't know about AF, but I do have Army experience. First of all, don't listen to me, unless you actually think it will help. Second, do what EVERYONE is telling you: Listen to your own heart. Third, being a pilot does not guarantee a life of killing. Most of your flight time will come from practice, anyways. Fourth, consider America's current position. We are at war, but with a country that does not exactly have a spectacular air force. Fifth, think of the other jobs you could do. A ground job, like the engineering you mentioned, could be used to develop the next F-22. Sixth, tell me, and everyone else, to shut the F%$# up; let you decide on your own.
First off fighter jets do drop bombs and other ordinances a lot, so I am VERY likely to kill someone if I join the USAF. Second if I use my engineering background to design "the next F-22" which is my whole dilemma here, I am causing harm to people since I am designing a weapon which is why im not sure if I want to do that or not.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Like everyone said before follow what u thing is right an waht you want to do. Im in the same position as you of eather joing the USMC or not. Wars, bombs going off and stuff like that dont bother me much right now I lived it and seen it when I was a kid, so it sorda grew on me i guess you can say that. You see me and you can only make the decission for our selves, and not no-one else. Its great that most members here are eather retired or re in the military and can give you up's and down's of war. But what comes down to it is soly up to you, and what you want to do.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
First off fighter jets do drop bombs and other ordinances a lot, so I am VERY likely to kill someone if I join the USAF. Second if I use my engineering background to design "the next F-22" which is my whole dilemma here, I am causing harm to people since I am designing a weapon which is why im not sure if I want to do that or not.
Even if you do kill someone, at the same time, you'll be saving someones life too.

Hell, if I go infantry, I'll be making desperate requests to guys like you to save my platoon in tight situations. (You'll come a save me.. right??)

And Srbski.. Marine Corps?! Aww come on, you know the Army's better.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Even if you do kill someone, at the same time, you'll be saving someones life too.

Hell, if I go infantry, I'll be making desperate requests to guys like you to save my platoon in tight situations. (You'll come a save me.. right??)

And Srbski.. Marine Corps?! Aww come on, you know the Army's better.
Ide love to save you wasab, yea in those cases I think I could live with it, but would if we are on the offensive?