Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

After listening to Laura's work here, I find it more commerically appealing from a melody standpoint, but I don't care to hear italian singing. It is not as sweet sounding to my ears as French singing. (just my opinion) That could be due to having to be exposed to so much latin music here in the states. After awhile, I just shut down my hearing. I will say that there have been a few latin songs that I really loved, but they sounded more commercial to me then 99.999% of what I am exposed to here involuntarily.

Laura has far better management, if after ten years and 20 million in record sales, she appears on Jay Leno. Her business partners, or those at her record label, obviously know how to get the job done.

That to me is what Alizée needs more then anything else. With good business people helping to guide her career, and if she would keep an open mind about being commercially accepted with the right songs, there is no contest.

I found Alizé to have an abundance of the "X" factor, whereas I did not feel that about Laura, after watching her videos. She does have talent, and a good voice, but it is just not doing anything for me personally.

But hey, what do I know?

Last edited by C-4; 10-07-2011 at 06:26 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Vike is on a distinguished road

Alizee is a favorite person of mine - her ability to sing and dance is what made it possible for me to discover her back in 2007. It has been fun to follow her life story, despite the ups and downs along the way. I don't make any comparisons of her to anyone else, she is just special and I listen to her music all the time.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
what do you consider happy or sad music?

they both have happy songs, and i just found Laura, and only hear the Romance Songs so far, which i dont call happy songs, they are slow and make you think of life issues.
jmo
The video I posted of the song Benvenuto. I call that a happy song. But, yes most of her songs are romance songs that make you think.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
After listening to Laura's work here, I find it more commerically appealing from a melody standpoint, but I don't care to hear italian singing. It is not as sweet sounding to my ears as French singing. (just my opinion) That could be due to having to be exposed to so much latin music here in the states. After awhile, I just shut down my hearing. I will say that there have been a few latin songs that I really loved, but they sounded more commercial to me then 99.999% of what I am exposed to here involuntarily.

Laura has far better management, if after ten years and 20 million in record sales, she appears on Jay Leno. Her business partners, or those at her record label, obviously know how to get the job done.

That to me is what Alizée needs more then anything else. With good business people helping to guide her career, and if she would keep an open mind about being commercially accepted with the right songs, there is no contest.

I found Alizé to have an abundance of the "X" factor, whereas I did not feel that about Laura, after watching her videos. She does have talent, and a good voice, but it is just not doing anything for me personally.

But hey, what do I know?
Which are the songs that you hated? Regional Mexican songs? I 99.9% of them too. They're really annoying.

Last edited by ptjmwa; 10-07-2011 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I'm not gonna lie... I AM BIAS and Alizée IS better!

Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

can these two gals be related?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
no.

Edit:

Why are we talking about Laura in an Alizee forum anyway? ... I'm going to go find a Laura forum and introduce them to Alizee... that'll blow their minds away...

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 10-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-08-2011, 04:45 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
I found Alizée to have an abundance of the "X" factor, whereas I did not feel that about Laura, after watching her videos. She does have talent, and a good voice, but it is just not doing anything for me personally.
You just said word for word what I was thinking.

Quote:
They are related:

Those are their great-great-great-great-great-great...great-grandparents.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
They are related:

A bird and an apple?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

They are related:

Alizee's maybe.. unless you were also talking about the bird... that makes sense because then Laura was hatched....

Old 10-08-2011, 05:13 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
A bird and an apple?
Ah, a wise guy ey?
What? You don't see the resemblance?