Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
What makes you think it is bootleg stuff ?...
Because there is TOO MUCH variety, and there is much less repetition from shop to shop to than I would expect. There are simply too many different items. A good portion has to be bootleg.

And yes, the pendants are clearly unofficial.

Last edited by Rev; 04-12-2012 at 11:16 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What makes you think it is bootleg stuff ?
I'm quite sure 99% of all of that is bootlegged items. Police in Mexico don't give a crap about anything, let alone clothes being sold of a french pop star that they can't even verify if it is legitimate or not. There are many factories down there that produce fake items for international bands and stuff all the time, same with many places in Asia. They simply download pictures and labels online and make a quick design then start producing the shirts, necklaces, watches, coffee mugs, and other random items. And they can do it for very cheap too and sell it for dirt cheap.And you're wondering why there is so much boolegged stuff on eBay of Alizée.

I doubt Sony was supplying any of that stuff, these are street vendors, not clothing stores in a mall. And you don't have to have street vending permits in many cities in Mexico.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Because there is TOO MUCH variety, and there is much less repetition from shop to shop to than I would expect. There are simply too many different items. A good portion has to be bootleg.

And yes, the pendants are clearly unofficial.
Not sure on the pendants they are from France , have to remember with how big she is has been put on everything .
I've seen mention of people buying dog tags and i've seen a couple different what could have been called pendants dog tag necklace . Without every catalog being a shop owner who has all those . . I really have to get that Alizée book with everything .

The stuff is very diverse but its all the same logo for instance on 10 pink X 10 style is 100 shirts X white X black and X grey . Watch again you will see each will have like one unique item and all the rest smalls the same stuff then it will be like say 30 different set ups but each repeated twice . I can make a list of it all if you want , not that hard and i've already spotted the few items i'd like to get and it's only 10 - 15 . It's no doubt in my mind a professional set up not bootleggers . I really don't think that cop at the top of the stairs and the others around would allow such bootlegging out in the open . Mexico or not - If she got word of that happening or seen it on the way in probably wouldn't even play there unless they shut it down . Again to set up right in front like that you have to pay and be legit . Also i noticed one guy looked like Official Alizée entourage or w/e wearing these two ID passes on lanyards . Hard to see exactly what it is though but he seems to be watching business and i don't see any other reason you'd be wearing id then . . . One other thing i noticed is most of them didn't have extra stock on hand only a few boxes out with the couple still setting up . Meaning i'm guessing there was a truck and well kept tally of sales . Like the bootleg people wouldn't be set up like that they'd be hidden near the parking lots and carrying a handful of shirts , dvd , posters sell those and go back to the car for more . Let me itemize it and get back to this but off the top of my head its ez , 10 pens , 10 pencils , 10 pink shirts diff style , 10 grey , 10 white , 10 black, jean jacket like 10 - 15 styles of hats , 10ish large posters , 10ish postcards , 10ish 8X10s , the one guy had lighters maybe 10 , 10 buttons , 20ish sunglass holders , 10 wrist bands 2 keychain holders , 10 cups and say 10 odd items again high priced . take all those shirts and double it for long sleeve and girls style . Thats 1200 different shirts alone , yes 1200 that isn't a typo add to that the other 100 items is 1300 seems alot but isn't , this is Mexico too where they pump that stuff out easy and most of the official maybe manufactured there to begin with . Another thing i've been thinking about bootleg stuff , again shirts and dvds that we know aren't officiel yes . The rest of the stuff seems all legit because while she is big time she isn't that big to be target for those doing such , you wouldn't sell enough to make it worthwhile . Its not like people are paying 100 bucks for a lanyard . . . I've convinced myself at least lol . .

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I'm quite sure 99% of all of that is bootlegged items. Police in Mexico don't give a crap about anything, let alone clothes being sold of a french pop star that they can't even verify if it is legitimate or not. There are many factories down there that produce fake items for international bands and stuff all the time, same with many places in Asia. They simply download pictures and labels online and make a quick design then start producing the shirts, necklaces, watches, coffee mugs, and other random items. And they can do it for very cheap too and sell it for dirt cheap.And you're wondering why there is so much boolegged stuff on eBay of Alizée.

I doubt Sony was supplying any of that stuff, these are street vendors, not clothing stores in a mall. And you don't have to have street vending permits in many cities in Mexico.
There is no verification that isn't his job but if you think the cops aren't in on whatever legit or not is silly to think they wouldn't know before hand . So they do give a . . The verification would come from as i said her Entourage . . or a Sony RCA whoever person/s . There is hardly anything bootleg on ebay besides the dvds and i've seen some bad shirts . I can tell you off the top of my head , about 1000 items on ebay . 5 shirts home made style and from America i believe is the seller not Mexico . The DVDs do come from Mexico , Taiwan . There also is a couple CD 1 Russia and another Taiwain . Besides that the other 986 items are legit . Again as i said above she just isn't that big to be bootlegging stuff . But of course its all mugs and crap everything is junk except a few of the higher priced items lol thats how they do's it .

Sony doesn't supply it they'd hire that out to supply and it would come from Mexico especially for her popularity there are even tags on some of the high priced items so that too says to me . He also says you wouldn't see that in France which i'm not sure if true or not but i will find out .

Last edited by alizeefan; 04-13-2012 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 PM

"cops" there dont give a crap. Tons of bootleg stuff is sold here on the streets in New York and cops don't care, which just shows that its not worth their time figuring out if the stuff is legit.

All that stuff they are selling is "Mexico legit", but in no way is it "Official Alizée Merchandise".

And there is a lot more than 5 things on eBay that aren't official merchandise.

See below links for non-legit stuff:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-En-Co...#ht_1032wt_689

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-En-Co...#ht_2938wt_922

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-En-Co...a#ht_594wt_689

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-Colle...#ht_1164wt_689

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-MES-C...#ht_1195wt_874

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-PSYCH...#ht_3659wt_922

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIZEE-En-Co...item256783717f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alizee-J...#ht_2418wt_825

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alizee-J...#ht_2550wt_825

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alizee-J...#ht_3168wt_825

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alizee-Jacot...item2a077356e8

I just don't think you understand how easy it is for people to mass produce these items for sale at concerts and how quickly and cheap they can do it.

Edit:

Stuff isn't official Alizée merchandise just cause her name is on it with a picture of her.

Last edited by User22; 04-13-2012 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Оле Оле

Quote:
"cops" there dont give a crap. Tons of bootleg stuff is sold here on the streets in New York and cops don't care, which just shows that its not worth their time figuring out if the stuff is legit.

All that stuff they are selling is "Mexico legit", but in no way is it "Official Alizée Merchandise".

And there is a lot more than 5 things on eBay that aren't official merchandise.

See below links for non-legit stuff:

I just don't think you understand how easy it is for people to mass produce these items for sale at concerts and how quickly and cheap they can do it.

Edit:

Stuff isn't official Alizée merchandise just cause her name is on it with a picture of her.
All the items you listed are exactly as i said above - out of 1000 items maybe ten illegit . Repeating the same DVD 10 times by the same seller is basically the same item . . . A beat cop in NY or Mexico job isn't to check for legit merchandise , see they are busy keeping the peace . Uhmm especially in NY they are too busy and again it ain't their job . It would be the Sony , RCA - Alizée entourage - execs , reporting it to a detective . If you think the cops in Mexico aren't paid off again legal or illegal . . . I don't know what to tell ya . . . If you don't believe me go there or to any concert anywhere sometime and try to set up a tent in front of a large venue like that see if you even get it set up before being taken away without the proper credentials and payoffs ESPECIALLY in Mexico .

Mexico Legit is Alizée legit , they had to pay royalties . Guaranteed she got a cut , a full cut i can't say but no doubt in my mind she cashed in .
Again you think if her or her people seen 50 tents selling stuff right in front of the venue and weren't getting any cut of that they'd be like oh sure that's fine we don't mind . . . Didn't you ever see The Song Remains The Same ? Remember the part with Bill Graham very upset because Zeps people found them selling bootleg shirts and posters ? and that was in the 70s . . .

Of course it is easy to produce the stuff as i've already said all this stuff and any merchandies from her or anyone is junk mass produced for the most part besides a few high end items . and most of it is probably made in Mexico ,China , Japan that is where the manufacturers are which i've already said above . Again let me say they wouldn't be pumping out tshirts and hats etc that won't sell anywhere besides at her shows . There are limited shows to sell at . . . Again i am sure it was a traveling Entourage that would set up at each and every show in Mexico . I have friends who do that for a living . . . Last i'll say on this is most of the stuff you see there the pens buttons etc she even sold herself in the various online stores that have been up afair. . . So if most of it is legit again makes no sense that most of it wouldn't be .

Heck in how many years of this forum no one has even touched on merchandise til i brought it up so for the most part were all clueless .
All though i do have some experience in the dealings of such as what i have said isn't just me making this up out of my head . It comes from experience .

Last edited by alizeefan; 04-13-2012 at 11:41 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Even if the stuff was made by Sony for Alizée, that doesn't make it official alizee merchandise. She may get paid royalties for those vendors to be outside selling bootleg stuff, but that doesnt mean its official Alizée merchandise.

I can almost guarantee you the same stuff STREET VENDORS were selling in Aguascalientes was not the same stuff being sold at the Auditorio Nacional de Mexico. This is because they are street vendors that sell unofficial (bootleg) things.

This would be legit stuff if these were tents clearly set up by Sony BMG Mexico that had the same things throughout and at each location she toured at.

And nowhere can I find on the internet that Sony BMG Mexico oversees what is put in tents, let alone if they have tents at singers' concerts.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I agree with Aaron.
This is how it works in Spain and in other european countries:

When there is a concert, the official merchandise is sold inside the venue.
Outside the venue, there is always the ocasional seller with his stuff (t-shirts/hats/bags/keyrings...)

Official stuff --> Inside the venue
Non official stuff --> Outside the venue

Easy to understand and no confusion at all. People outside are not selling cheaper copies of the official stuff, they are selling their own designs.(Quite often more attractive than the official ones) so that is why police and record companies don't do much to stop it. They don't have a case.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Even if the stuff was made by Sony for Alizée, that doesn't make it official alizee merchandise. She may get paid royalties for those vendors to be outside selling bootleg stuff, but that doesnt mean its official Alizée merchandise.

I can almost guarantee you the same stuff STREET VENDORS were selling in Aguascalientes was not the same stuff being sold at the Auditorio Nacional de Mexico. This is because they are street vendors that sell unofficial (bootleg) things.

This would be legit stuff if these were tents clearly set up by Sony BMG Mexico that had the same things throughout and at each location she toured at.

And nowhere can I find on the internet that Sony BMG Mexico oversees what is put in tents, let alone if they have tents at singers' concerts.
I totally agree the stuff would vary per country , they aren't going to ship a buncha shirts and junk that won't sell to another country . Also agree on unofficial as in not the same as we enthusiasts would consider the official stuff but bootlegs aren't much there if any . Again i didn't see one shirt that wasn't official or a bootleg style , i have quite a nice collection of them . It's just so easy for those vendors who are definitely paid by whoever to sell the junk to print her logo etc on whatever they sell . Her being paid for those images and logos most likely on a tally of total sales not up front but to pay for the licensing fees to whoever and vendor fees to the city etc makes it legit enough for me .

There really isn't much info anywhere on all her merchandise as in these trinkets and shirts which is why i wanted to get a topic going in the first place to see the things that are out there or were out there . That one book claims to have everything but not sure anyone here has it who can check to see if like the mugs , sun glass holders and the other small end items easily bootlegged cheaply are in there too .

Every concert i've ever been to has had vendors selling stuff , that is part of the cash cow they all take advantage of . You sell everyone who goes a shirt and a water bottle you double your money rather than just the ticket price . I think how he put it in the video is off like how he said you won't see this in France , what he meant was you wont see it at that level . Maybe one or two tents/whathaveyou but not 50 .

So besides being in that book , i've asked around and waiting to see what level of those in France had at the vendors . Waiting for reply now . .
Anyway i think we pretty much agree just not completely .

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I agree with Aaron.
This is how it works in Spain and in other european countries:

When there is a concert, the official merchandise is sold inside the venue.
Outside the venue, there is always the ocasional seller with his stuff (t-shirts/hats/bags/keyrings...)

Official stuff --> Inside the venue
Non official stuff --> Outside the venue

Easy to understand and no confusion at all. People outside are not selling cheaper copies of the official stuff, they are selling their own designs.(Quite often more attractive than the official ones) so that is why police and record companies don't do much to stop it. They don't have a case.
Again as i said above people selling outside is a guy walking around with a handful of shirts or whatever not a tent set up right in front of the place .
They'd get busted and shut down , i've seen that first hand at 100s of concerts . The entertainers would never allow that , think about it - o k sell all you want outside for cheaper than inside right in front of the place so we don't sell any of the higher priced official stuff inside . . . Makes no sense sorry . Also you can tell by the organization that's not some fly by night thing , its all set up in this one area not spread out as it would be if it was all scammers .

Also keep in mind inside - outside . You're talking about your average concert where they are only selling a limited amount in comparison to her popularity in Mexico . People may show up an hour early not 3 hours early the place is packed with shoppers , they knew it would be like that and were set up for it . Also who knows about that venue perhaps someone can say but maybe there is no room inside for 50 tents to sell stuff and that is the area they do it there ?

Last edited by alizeefan; 04-14-2012 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Again as i said above people selling outside is a guy walking around with a handful of shirts or whatever not a tent set up right in front of the place .
They'd get busted and shut down , i've seen that first hand at 100s of concerts . The entertainers would never allow that , think about it - o k sell all you want outside for cheaper than inside right in front of the place so we don't sell any of the higher priced official stuff inside . . . Makes no sense sorry . Also you can tell by the organization that's not some fly by night thing , its all set up in this one area not spread out as it would be if it was all scammers .

Also keep in mind inside - outside . You're talking about your average concert where they are only selling a limited amount in comparison to her popularity in Mexico . People may show up an hour early not 3 hours early the place is packed with shoppers , they knew it would be like that and were set up for it . Also who knows about that venue perhaps someone can say but maybe there is no room inside for 50 tents to sell stuff and that is the area they do it there ?

Yes, you are right on that, there were too many tents. But there were a lot of different items from one tent to another, it is impossible that so much "official stuff" was made only for a few ocassions like that concert and then that was it.
Besides it looks to me like those tents were not Sony or Alizée related at all. I am sure they paid a fee to the venue, or to the city, for letting them sell stuff in the middle of the street.
But I doubt so many items were designed, approved, manufactured and then distributed by record company orders. It looks to me like the people selling in each tent made their own choice on that.

I could place and order tomorrow if I wanted 200 t-shirts of this particular AAm thread, and then starting to sell the stuff next week in the street, paying a small fee, but not a single cent to Alizée America.

I was not in that concert and even if I was we will never know for sure, we only can guess. I don't think we can get any of that stuff now anyway. What we can do is make our own personal designs and buy them from the people who print it in T-shirts, cushions, etc... Even we could order an Alizée's bobble-head.
If the things that are in the book are not enough for you I dont think you are going to find a better source on what is official and what is not. Or should I said: "was official and what was not."

What is with this merchandise fever anyway?

Last edited by SpanishFan; 04-14-2012 at 02:05 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Yes, you are right on that, there were too many tents. But there were a lot of different items from one tent to another, it is impossible that so much "official stuff" was made only for a few ocassions like that concert and then that was it.
Besides it looks to me like those tents were not Sony or Alizée related at all. I am sure they paid a fee to the venue, or to the city, for letting them sell stuff in the middle of the street.
But I doubt so many items were designed, approved, manufactured and then distributed by record company orders. It looks to me like the people selling in each tent made their own choice on that.

I could place and order tomorrow if I wanted 200 t-shirts of this particular AAm thread, and then starting to sell the stuff next week in the street, paying a small fee, but not a single cent to Alizée America.

I was not in that concert and even if I was we will never know for sure, we only can guess. I don't think we can get any of that stuff now anyway. What we can do is make our own personal designs and buy them from the people who print it in T-shirts, cushions, etc... Even we could order an Alizée's bobble-head.
If the things that are in the book are not enough for you I dont think you are going to find a better source on what is official and what is not. Or should I said: "was official and what was not."

What is with this merchandise fever anyway?
The variations aren't as varied as they appear if you watch much of it repeats . I'd say there are like 30 tents and two of each had the same thing ,like two the big ticket item was the pillow , two the hoody and so on . So really it was 15 tents repeated twice . As for the varied tshirts , that is simply a matter of the same logos on a different style shirt . After paying the royalty fees to print her image/logo they basically put it on what style of items that particular home shop sells as in at the store location . Which lent to 10 different style , 10 different logo is 100 shirts and that is just one color . . . It seems like alot more than it actually is .

As for design approval who knows . . . I'd guess there again that the logos or images to be used as you will see repeated over and over were approved but not o k its on 10 - 15 pink shirts , they didn't care what you put it on .Thus the variations not seen online anywhere or for sale .

Correct me if im wrong but you'd be buying those shirts from AAm so they would get their cut , same with Alizée i'm sure she got a nice cut . Her cut i'd guess came in the form or royalties and a percentage of sales .

I really don't think that book is complete , i don't know as i haven't looked at the pdf yet but without even looking i just know there are things i've mentioned people are like huh that exists , what you cant get those etc . And you guys know your stuff . . .

As for all that stuff in the video i would guess there is plenty of it left over somewhere and it is just a matter of finding the right contact to purchase . You see she just isn't popular enough to be selling much of that besides at a show so of course no one would have an online store . Just look at her own shops that have existed , wasn't much there and they don't last long . Also look at this fan site , i'm the only one really interested in any of this lol . . . Which all goes to show there is no reason to bootleg mass amounts of her stuff , it wouldn't sell . Thus why you only see on ebay the bogus dvds cds and a few homestyle printed shirts with one pic of her .

The fever for me is simply that i'm the opposite of most people or collectors .
I don't want every single - single cd , dvd etc but i'd love to have a few lanyards , the hoody , the jean jacket and a buncha concert shirts . That is what i collect and i find will use and enjoy more on an everyday basis to actually wear than owning a cd or dvd that will get played once , ripped and put on a shelf . Also due to there being no info about this type of merchandise i thought it would make a good topic but as things tend to go for me turns into something else lol . Love you grrls !

One last detail i just thought of . . Notice all the logos ,every single one of them besides like the giant JAM poster and other printed images of her as in posters , postcards and 8X10s . They are all from the era of that concert , now if it was all or even any of it bootlegged it would have been more varied as in to sell all her variations of releases not just that one . As in if it was illegit there would have been alot more ML JAM and so on logos on everything too , yet there isn't any at all .

Last edited by alizeefan; 04-14-2012 at 03:36 AM..