Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

View Poll Results: It this the worst song ever? If no, then what is?
YES! 4 66.67%
NO! 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Not to speak for Pepe but to say most musicians i know have similar attitudes toward what they all refer to as i'm sure you've heard - cRAP .

Those who actually play an instruments that is seem to find it rather untalented . As for myself i like some rap as a couple of 'em are great lyricists but very few as i tend to agree . . . Especially in the 1%'r attitude as of late , i find it quite ridiculous to make millionaires out of those singing poor me ghetto blah blah blah bling and violence look at all the bling money i have and an awesome bling lifestyle so poor people give me more money by buying my albums . .

I can guarantee in the future people will look back and say what were we/they thinking , kinda like the 70s disco style of dance , fashion and music . But with rap it is even more ridiculous in a hypocritical sense .
I despise modern hip-hop/rap, what we hear on the radio today is a caricature of what those genres once were. Sure you hear a lot of songs about riches and bitches on the radio all day, but in old-school rap there are tracks that explore a struggle for identity, politics, advice for future generations, the american dream and other such themes. I'm thinking Slick Rick, Biggie, Tupac, Nas.. artists like that when I say this.

I think a lot of people tend to hear rap music and think, "Well that's just somebody talking over a beat, anyone could do that.. that's not music" but you should never dismiss it that way. Rapping - and rapping WELL - takes "flow", feeling, it's about expressing what you feel in a more straightforward way. You really have to deliver. It's not as easy as it looks.

I'm not even a fan of rap or hip-hop, I'm kind of indifferent, I just think it's just as legitimate of a genre as rock, pop, etc. Just trying to make you think.

Also, here's a good trip-hop song that features Mos Def rapping.. great example of GOOD rap:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ghx9kX0HKkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 04-20-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Most critics agree that this is "ONE OF THE BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME" for any genre ... it clearly has dept and meaning and it happens to be rap! If you never herd of the song Stan before .... your welcome!
Eminem's master piece ... Stan!~
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3nNlhfWASDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
the official one below is too censored for you to enjoy the song so I posted the one above!
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aSLZFdqwh7E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 04-20-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I agree, Stan is a great song, Eminem performed it with Elton John once. For Eminem though I think Beautiful is his best song, you can find it on the Relapse album. Didn't like all the songs on that one but Beautiful is amazing.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:54 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Not to speak for Pepe but to say most musicians i know have similar attitudes toward what they all refer to as i'm sure you've heard - cRAP .

Those who actually play an instruments that is seem to find it rather untalented . As for myself i like some rap as a couple of 'em are great lyricists but very few as i tend to agree . . . Especially in the 1%'r attitude as of late , i find it quite ridiculous to make millionaires out of those singing poor me ghetto blah blah blah bling and violence look at all the bling money i have and an awesome bling lifestyle so poor people give me more money by buying my albums . .

I can guarantee in the future people will look back and say what were we/they thinking , kinda like the 70s disco style of dance , fashion and music . But with rap it is even more ridiculous in a hypocritical sense .

Now of course evilution to reflect the times and with technology it is a natural tendency to have a push button lazy style . Those who purchase music will buy the catchy repetitive easily stuck in our heads toonz as generations have embedded into our hearts and the system . Again yes there are quite a few talented button pushers and lyricists but the more learned musicians experienced with instruments will always have an advantage to create timeless masterpieces . To put it in a future tense we may listen to the Eminem types in 10 -15 years moreso in a nostalgic sense especially the humorous style like but not with the love and passion of the everlasting A to Z as in Alizée to ZZ Top and so on .

Again not to speak for Pepe but my taste for rap or yours no matter the song i doubt would change those who dislike it attitude toward such .
I couldn't have expressed my sentiments better alizeefan. There is just no substitute for real instruments, original melody and beautiful lyrics. Crap has to steal it all from others to exist. Anyone could learn to rap and they don't even need an average voice. Besides they scratch perfectly good albums. My dad would have beat my ass for treating a 33/1third and the stylus like that lol. They wouldn't be able to grab their crotch on a regular basis if they had something constructive to hold on to like a real instrument lol. Even Disco was highly technical compared to cRAP. I don't mean to hurt feelings if you are a cRAP fan, but I just don't get it..0000000000000
Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I despise modern hip-hop/rap, what we hear on the radio today is a caricature of what those genres once were. Sure you hear a lot of songs about riches and bitches on the radio all day, but in old-school rap there are tracks that explore a struggle for identity, politics, advice for future generations, the american dream and other such themes. I'm thinking Slick Rick, Biggie, Tupac, Nas.. artists like that when I say this.

I think a lot of people tend to hear rap music and think, "Well that's just somebody talking over a beat, anyone could do that.. that's not music" but you should never dismiss it that way. Rapping - and rapping WELL - takes "flow", feeling, it's about expressing what you feel in a more straightforward way. You really have to deliver. It's not as easy as it looks.

I'm not even a fan of rap or hip-hop, I'm kind of indifferent, I just think it's just as legitimate of a genre as rock, pop, etc. Just trying to make you think.

Also, here's a good trip-hop song that features Mos Def rapping.. great example of GOOD rap:
Honestly i love and respect all music but i know the mindset as i've been there with rap and you have to take into account those thoughts of illegitimacy the same as the opposite thoughts of it being legit . Now the problem with rap lets take Em for instance , he is mostly negative in message , you may want to believe he is a household name but not more than Uncle L , Snoop , Mos Def , Jzzz or even Too Short for that matter . They all may be master lyricists but the fighting with each other constantly , preaching about the man style is hypocritical . Especially songs with the true story style talking parts , they lose staying power . Its a funny thrill ride the first time but all flavor of the week and there aren't those songs that truly everyone in the world has heard many times so kinda knows it . Rap has no Strauss , Elvis , Beatles , Bee Gees and the list goes on in every genre . In my honest opinion Uncle L has come close to being mainstream but again go back to the music and don't get me wrong i actually love his stuff he really has no smash hit to the true even if you don't like him too bad you've heard it so many time you do know it . . . Big Ole Butt or Goin' Back to Cali type of song but on an MJ , Beatles , Elvis level .
They may boost numbers to say Jay Z sells more than whoever right but the proof is in the pudding , like the old people and young know who the Beatles and Elvis are can probably name a couple songs . Do that with rap no one older knows much and all the kids are divided , the middle likes whatever certain other genre too not rap .

While yes you can blame that on the man too but it truly is the division by its own preaching acts in the push button style having no staying power smash hit style which can come from mastering instruments .

I actually do like rap Uncle L and Too Short are my favs , Mos Def is a great lyricist and writer too . Funny guy as well , for me it was like your song clip from the Blade movies . Now before i seen those movies because my cousin liked them i didnt think i would . After checking them out as we watched i liked them they were worth a watch but not memorable enough to want to own or remember much of the story even . Now for me that was the same with rap at first i didnt like it but when i found some artists i did like changed my mind alot . But again i fall back on the above because not many agree with me saying LL and TS are the best ever . . . You're hardcore rap fans are all JZzz , Em , Snoop and so on . Now the closest rap has ever come and perhaps the greatest guitar legend ever is Jimi Hendrix who predicted rap as he saw the technology coming . If i remember correctly in that interview he says the same thing that music will lose it's heart for awhile until those new instruments are mastered . While it will be great and have its great moments another part of the problem is when everyone in the world can do it ends up watering down music as a whole not just rap there .

Now the American dream thing i completely understand and get your meaning its good in this day and age to be proud of what you've accomplished and having made it but that is part of the problem with rap again . When you preach the man , my city , my family whatever is the problem yet are part of that very system in bling whatever you want to call it mindset preaching gets old fast . To use Alizée as an example there i just don't think people have that same feeling they get and then devotion to most rap , even her rap type songs look at the list here of songs people don't like those are among the most listed .

I agree with your thoughts just i know the other side too and you have to see all sides to understand it i feel . Again those who don't like rap or any type of music just because we love Alizée doesn't mean everyone else will or has to no matter what songs we play .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Most critics agree that this is "ONE OF THE BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME" for any genre ... it clearly has dept and meaning and it happens to be rap! If you never herd of the song Stan before .... your welcome!
Eminem's master piece ... Stan!~
As i said above , Em and some others maybe household names with the younger generation they just aren't Michael Jackson , Beatles or whatever genre true phenom worldwide stars . Where again even if you don't like them you know songs from having heard it everywhere . While there is clearly no arguement about any music having depth and meaning , if it's depth and meaning was true and had a large pool of master musicians they would have the MJ's and so on . It's will happen again but it certainly isn't Em , LL , Jzzz or even Justin Bieber for that matter . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I couldn't have expressed my sentiments better alizeefan. There is just no substitute for real instruments, original melody and beautiful lyrics. Crap has to steal it all from others to exist. Anyone could learn to rap and they don't even need an average voice. Besides they scratch perfectly good albums. My dad would have beat my ass for treating a 33/1third and the stylus like that lol. They wouldn't be able to grab their crotch on a regular basis if they had something constructive to hold on to like a real instrument lol. Even Disco was highly technical compared to cRAP. I don't mean to hurt feelings if you are a cRAP fan, but I just don't get it..0000000000000

I know the feeling as i've been there myself and know many whom i've asked why they don't like what they refer to as cRap . Which is the running joke .
Albums are great it's too bad they've died out or you have to pay 100 or 2 for albums like some of Alizée's colorful limited issues .

Last edited by alizeefan; 04-21-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Old 04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

You're forgetting that rap is a relatively newer genre. No artist present day is as big as Elvis or The Beatles; it doesn't happen anymore. Guess who the top selling artist of the past decade is though : Eminem.