Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-15-2010, 09:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

I just got back from vacation, in Italy, same place I went on vacation last december and no I did not go back to Pistoia or Taormina this time. Two places Alizée performed before.

A co-worker sent me an e-mail about the snippet that came out a couple of days ago while I was over there. I listened to it and my initial reaction was very negative. I wanted to make a post on the forum, but couldn't remember my password. I think I might have misstyped it then drifted off in the wrong direction afterwards and figured I'd wait til I got home to respond. I read the posts in the forum though. It kind of bothered me what I was reading. Reminded me of the responses to Psych. People saying they didn't like it at first, but after listening to it a few times, they really started liking it. That was never the case with so many songs on MCE and Gour. You knew right away that you liked them.

I decided that the best thing to do was give it a fair chance, so I decided to listen to it at least 10 times over the next couple of days. Well it is different and she said these songs would be of a different style and there is something about this song that I cant quite put my finger on. It has somewhat of a mysteriousness typical of Stevie Nicks songs. But it kind of reminded me of one of her songs from Gourmandises and that's Mon Maquis. Now when she sang this song during En Concert. I absolutely loved the way she looked in the glow of the red lights and I thought she looked awesome the way she sauntered or danced or what ever is the best way of describing the way she moved across the stage. I enjoyed the music. I also loved the way she interacted with her drummer. This poor guy must have been eating his heart out. Being so close to this amazingly beautiful young woman, gazing right into her lovely face, but being so far from ever having a chance with her.

Well this song was done in a rap style. I thought it was "okay". But as lovely as I think she looked, as much as I'd like to watch her dance across time and time again, as much as I love seeing the way she interacted with her drummer, wishing it could have been me all alone on stage with her, I hardly ever watch this part of En Concert. The reason being is this song does not bring out the beauty of her voice. It doesn't matter how great the rest of the performance is, without her great voice, any song will quickly be forgotten. I've probably played most of her songs from Gour and MCE, especially the ones that were featured in En Concert and a few others like La Isla Bonita, Ella Ella and Rockollection a thousand times each. Because these songs showcase her great voice.

So even if I learn to like this song. It wont last. It wont be played over and over and over again for three years the way I have with so many of her others. But it is just one song on this album and I think it's promising because it's not a bad song and usually her French songs have more beauty to them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-16-2010 at 11:15 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I still like the song, I put it in my favorite Alizée playlist, like four times. I like the electronic type sound it has, and it kinda reminds me of childhood days when I used to play my Gameboy Color/Advance, the music on certain games and the music in Limelight are similar

hahaha right there with ya Fall....
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Sous le charme d'Alizée

Tupuz is on a distinguished road

Seems that she is getting interest in France. She is now topping the Yahoo.fr search statistics: http://twitpic.com/13i4ty

Last edited by Tupuz; 02-15-2010 at 10:51 PM..
Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But it kind of reminded me of one of her songs from Gourmandises and that's Mon Maquis.
Only Mon Maquis is quite possibly her best song lyrically.

One should not have to force oneself to like a song by listening to it multiple times.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

One should not have to force oneself to like a song by listening to it multiple times.

Regards,

Jung
Out of curiosity, do you like it Jung?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Glad your back Scruffy. And man this is worse than watching Alizee notice that she has grown up in "Parler Tout Bas" (En Concert version). But this is what keeps me going with her(although I will love her for life). Thanks for that vid Scruff. And maybe i feel this way just cuz its midnight. But that just boosted my Lilly-high....
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
here is my take on the lyrics from a quick listen ...
dream always, and always (or maybe all ways)

i dont know, where im going
looking for the limelight, bright

i cant recall, where i've been
in this long long flight, night

find a way and away

i dont know, if i should
burning waves of ecstasy, oui/wee

stares (or stairs maybe), lights, music, sweat, scares, fright, panic, fret threat
I have no idea what has went on for the past several days, so ignore this if there is already a general consensus on what the lyrics are.

The song is GREAT . I saw Brad's post and put everything that I agree with in bold. The only things that I'm not sure about (???):

1. In this long, long ___???___, night
2. Burning waves of ecstacy, ??? [oui, wee]
3. Stares, lights, music, sweat, scares, fright, panic, ??? [fret]

[] = best guesses

Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just got back from vacation, in Italy, same place I went on vacation last december and no I did not go back to Pistoia or Taormina this time. Two places Alizée performed before.

A co-worker sent me an e-mail about the snippet that came out a couple of days ago while I was over there. I listened to it and my initial reaction was very negative. I wanted to make a post on the forum, but couldn't remember my password. I think I might have misstyped it then drifted off in the wrong direction afterwards and figured I'd wait til I got home to respond. I read the posts in the forum though. It kind of bothered me what I was reading. Reminded me of the responses to Psych. People saying they didn't like it at first, but after listening to it a few times, they really started liking it. That was never the case with so many songs on MCE and Gour. You knew right away that you liked them.

I decided that the best thing to do was give it a fair chance, so I decided to listen to it at least 10 times over the next couple of days. Well it is different and she said these songs would be of a different style and there is something about this song that I cant quite put my finger on. It has somewhat of a mysteriousness typical of Stevie Nicks songs. But it kind of reminded me of one of her songs from Gourmandises and that's Mon Maquis. Now when she sang this song during En Concert. I absolutely loved the way she looked in the glow of the red lights and I thought she looked awesome the way she sauntered or danced or what ever is the best way of describing the way she moved across the stage. I enjoyed the music. I also loved the way she interacted with her drummer. This poor guy must have been eating his heart out. Being so close to this amazingly beautiful young woman, gazing right into her lovely face, but being so far from ever having a chance with this young woman.

Well this song was done in a rap style. I thought it was "okay". But as lovely as I think she looked, as much as I'd like to watch her dance across time and time again, as much as I love seeing the way she interacted with her drummer, wishing it could have been me all alone on stage with her, I hardly ever watch this part of En Concert. The reason being is this song does not bring out the beauty of her voice. It doesn't matter how great the rest of the performance is, without her great voice, any song will quickly be forgotten. I've probably played most of her songs from Gour and MCE, especially the ones that were featured in En Concert and a few others like La Isla Bonita, Ella Ella and Rockollection a thousand times each. Becausw these songs showcase her great voice.

So even if I learn to like this song. It wont last. It wont be played over and over and over again for three years the way I have with so many of her others. But it is just one song on this album and I think it's promising because it's not a bad song and usually her French songs have more beauty to them.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
I'm a shitty drummer but I have a passion from drums in general, and yes this moment in En Concert is the reason that I have Mon Maquis among my favourite Alizée tracks, who wouldn't wanna be him really?

Quote:

Regards,

Jung
I respectfully disagree.
In any given album I eventually grow tierd of the "hits" (that got me to buy the record in the first place) and at the same time other tracks start to grow on me only to become my new favourites in a much more durable maner.

This is why I never say "this is crap" when I first hear a new song or band, quite the contrary, I get suspicous if I like it right away. To use Opeth as an example of my most "durable" favourite music, it took me many "repeats" to learn to like them. Now I love every single track and I can listen to them as much as I want without getting bored. Some music is simply more "advanced" than other, making it harder to melt but more resilient once you have.

My point is that you shouldn't judge music too fast. Music isn't a solid state thing, it's a reflection of your own mind, and your mind is very progressive.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:27 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you like it Jung?
Well I could tip toe through the bushes and say something like "I can't judge it until I hear the rest of the album and how it fits in." Quite frankly whether or not it fits with the other songs does not make it any better. I could also say that maybe after 100 listens it may or may not grow on me, but considering I won't listen to any given song 100 times in the next year that's kinda out. Alas I will just say that no I do not care for the song, and I'd like to see her sing it live (or at least try to).

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alas I will just say that no I do not care for the song, and I'd like to see her sing it live (or at least try to).
Great, then we can go to an Alizée concert as well as a MM concert