Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 04-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=CleverCowboy;260982]I cannot say thanks enough for uploading these. I enjoyed them so much.

Edit:

The best way I can put it is that I look at her like a piece of art.

It's a tragedy that Alizee's mother didn't mass produce her so there would be enough Alizees to go around for everyone, but I guess her mother wasn't up for that.

Does anyone know the name of Alizee's mother? I know her father's name is Jo, and he's a cool guy, but aside from a rare photo, I don't recall any mention of Alizee's mother. She stays pretty much out of the limelight. Perhaps that's where Alizee got her shyness.

Last edited by Shepherd; 04-13-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Old 04-13-2018, 03:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's another interview. This one is from 2001.
EDIT: Correction....It's from 2003

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-13-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 03:01 PM

Here's another interview I had translated.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:50 AM

A Japanese game show Alizée was on back in 2003....

Old 05-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Japanese TV is so bizarre!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:39 AM

BLONDE ALIZEE and boyfriend Gregoire Lyonnet at Sidaction gala rehearsal in Paris in 2014
Old 05-24-2018, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
BLONDE ALIZEE and boyfriend Gregoire Lyonnet at Sidaction gala rehearsal in Paris in 2014
As if I need another reason to love this woman, she shows up at the gala with a Colt hat!

It's not just a Colt hat, but a Colt hat with the M16A2, one of those dreaded "assault" rifles.

If I had a chance to do one activity with Alizee, it would be (keep your mind clean guys) to go target shooting with her, if the hat implies that she might do that kind of thing.

Back in 2008, I went on a 20th anniversary vacation with my now ex-wife to Cibilo Creek Ranch, way down in Big Bend country in Texas. Literally in the middle of nowhere and fairly close to Mexico border. (Yes, it is where Supreme Court Justice Scalia died). They have guests from around the world and dinner is served in a commons area where you are seated at large tables with other guests, on purpose. One night we sat next to a French couple, and quickly befriended them. The guy was named Cedric and spoke very good English. He was an IT guy at Apple in Paris, so we had a lot in common right from the start. His new wife was a very petite woman and did not speak any English, but smiled a lot and seemed very intrigued by the way we spoke, which had a twang (moreso my ex). She was pretty short, and might not have been as tall as Alizee even.

In the following days, we did some activities with them. One being some horseback riding. We also tried some skeet shooting one day. Me and my ex lived on a ranch, so we shot all the time. Cedric had shot guns in his life but not recently. He was excited to try again. (I had brought three shotguns from home since they allowed you to bring your own guns). His wife never shot a gun and was obviously scared of what was going to transpire. So she watched a while in the background. She had ear protection but still holding her hands over the muffs. Every now and then we would offer for her to try, and she shook her head no. Cedric somehow during a break convinced her to try.. just one shot. We gave her the shotgun my ex used since it was pretty light and a 20 gauge. The clay flew and she closed her eyes and shot... just air. She wanted to try again. Then again and again. (I've seen this many times before). More instruction on aiming and how to lead the target. Then... she finally hit the clay! It was priceless how excited she was! She was rattling off French to Cedric. Not sure what she was saying, but it was all good.

The moral of the story is - the difference between a gun opponent and an advocate is being able to hit a clay target..
Old 05-24-2018, 06:32 PM

I glad it didn't say AR15 on it. Liberals would be all over her nowadays for it even though the M16 is a more potent weapon because of it's fully auto feature.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I glad it didn't say AR15 on it. Liberals would be all over her nowadays for it even though the M16 is a more potent weapon because of it's fully auto feature.
Yep. The AR15 is essentially the civilian version of the M16. The M16 has been widely adopted by militaries around the world.. probably even France.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:17 AM

I'm sure most of us remember the first M6 awards Alizee was at where she was overwhelmed by winning her first major music award, as well as by the size of the crowd, yelling and cheering for her as she won the 'French Revelation of the Year' award.

This picture of a magazine article apparently came out before the show.

One of the hosts of the show is Tina Arena who we saw with Alizee on SAGA, not to mention some Les Enfoires shows.

M6 awards picture.jpg

Mylene Farmer I guess won an award to and at the 5:10 mark, she mentions Alizee.

Unfortunatlely, I couldn't find a Youtube videos of both these moments with English subtitles.