Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
YouTube can be a wonderful thing, but there is a lot of junk to sift through. Even Alizée with all her exposure on the internet is having trouble promoting her new album. If a person has forgotten Alizée or is no longer interested in her or doesn't know who she is, they are not likely to go looking for her or to click on a link that will expose them to her newest work. But when you happen to see her on prime time TV singing her latest single, that creates a huge opportunity to win people over. Just think, most of the video performances of Alizée that we all cherish came from TV broadcasts. I doubt we would have ever seen the JEAM dance if all they relied on back then was YouTube. It sure would be nice if we still had TV shows like that and people were still willing to watch them.
My brain sort of glipped but yahum that is quite true, it would be hard for the average person in the world to find something about UEDS, so I guess that's where a music show would come in handy. I see what your saying, thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
My brain sort of glipped but yahum that is quite true, it would be hard for the average person in the world to find something about UEDS, so I guess that's where a music show would come in handy. I see what your saying, thanks
i agree, for the way UEDS is presented it warrants a live performance
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah those brain-rotting commercials will getcha everytime haha.

But yah this whole "Rose up from Poverty" singers is really getting old.

Everyone seems to have a sad story now to make people feel bad for them and start to like them because they have been through things....everyone goes through bad things, just not as much as others...
It's funny, one of the things I liked about Alizée is she seemed to have good luck and a great life. It was sort of inspiring in that way to think that at least someone could just have a nice life.

And lefty, yeah, totally. It's all the great tv performances that really solidified so many fans' interest. That's actually why we were starting to groan even like December 2007. One had the feeling that in the past she did little interviewing and lots of performances. Then it switched. Her appeal was primal and didn't really need explanation, though it was then still really cool every time she would do an interview.

By the way, Britney Spears is now working on a new album that will be much different than her previous ones and much more electro. LOL Like Orion said, she'll probably make millions on this "unpopular" type of music. Well, one can wait and see how different it is though. Who knows when that will come out. In a year?

Merci Fanny
Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
By the way, Britney Spears is now working on a new album that will be much different than her previous ones and much more electro. LOL Like Orion said, she'll probably make millions on this "unpopular" type of music. Well, one can wait and see how different it is though. Who knows when that will come out. In a year?
I think it's safe for Lilly to come over here now...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it's safe for Lilly to come over here now...
i've been raving about THIS in the chatbox for a while now :P
Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
i've been raving about THIS in the chatbox for a while now :P
She can definitely do it...she already has a lot of people that have at least heard of her. And she could definitely get on a Late Night Show because of her amazing bo....i mean amazing beauty. I just wish she had a boat, cause then she could actually get here....
Old 05-18-2010, 02:55 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Alizee has the AA member created letter of support and encouragement to come here as you all know. I guess we will be the first to know if she gets serious about coming to USA. I think her French trudge through the mud to promote Ueds is taking all of her attention @ the moment. I agree with Lefty and Roman that I miss variety shows and musical artists performances. Anybody remember the Midnight Special or Don Kirshner's rock concert late night music shows? A long time before vh-1 or mtv and was live. Music video's had not been invented yet. Also great venues for established and up and comming music artists. Damn I'm old!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, now this gives the French permission to like Alizée, see.
And yeah, pepelepew, I was listening to the soundtrack to Grease on a record player when I was like 8, and my totally favorite song, which I heard on the radio, was Tears for Fears - Shout, but you are old!

You know, it's funny, when I was young, I didn't even know bands for the most part. I just knew songs that I liked. Actually, even now, I happened to remember this and through the magic of Google, I start typing in the lyrics and get the title and the band. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be able to tell you the band or know the name for sure. I wonder what that tells about how people relate to music. It's like there's someone out there who's favorite song is Moi... Lolita from when they were a kid, but they don't even know who sang the song. Actually, that's not likely considering Alizée was also very young and there was all the tv and internet and stuff even then. Surely any kid would have a better connection with the music than I did. I never used to own music, just listen to the radio. I guess I should admit, I taped some stuff off the radio eventually though, when I had that capability. Though, I don't remember ever making much use of that really.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

wow.... really tight-fitting legging...
Old 05-18-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

wow.... really tight-fitting legging...
Ummm....does anyone else have angles from behind of her tight-fitting legging

At least I know it's not the younger guys here that look at these pics this way.

But really this song was good because her voice is amazing...and she was "Babe to the Max"ing