Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 10-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanej View Post
German,
Oh yea, my school does have german... but I think it's only two periods taught by a spanish teacher or something weird like that.

My school was designed against people like me who would enjoy taking language classes. My school requires a minimum of two years of the same (crap) language to graduate, but for most Californian colleges at least four years is highly recommended (double crap). There's also a rule at my school that says you cannot take more than one language class at a time... which pissed me off enough to go ask the principal who told me to ask the vice who told me to ask the office staff who told me to ask the ASB guy who told me to ask the vice and all that crap. Hopefully 'Coloradianeseian' schools are different. I'd like to be able to take French, Spanish, and Italian at the same time
Old 10-06-2009, 03:14 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

We have a French thing class. The French teacher seems pretty cool. We start at French 1 to French AP. He also knows Russian. I am taking Latin. At the age of 20 I am planning to begin my training in Rosetta Stone French.

Chuck I received the text DOCS. Thanks. I am swamped in HW now. But I will try to finish my version of the letter during the three day weekend. Sorry.

Okay guys! I finished a little earlier than expected! Here is my version. I know I changed what some people may have thought were valuable parts so feel free to tell me or Chuck to add or subtract from the letter.

Dear Miss Alizée,

As AlizeeAmerica, the dedicated members of the world's largest Alizée fan forum, we have to start by saying how much we adore you! We currently have ____ members, representing ___ countries, and with ___ new ones joining each month! (Numbers/stats about us also suggested by Alex). We are sending you this letter because we want to help you to introduce your amazing music to the US. To that end, we pledge our support as your loyal acolytes. Here are our Top Suggestions on how to reach American audiophiles, wow the populace, sell millions of records in US, and take your rightful place as the best singer America has ever heard! Because of you we have become interested in learning the beautiful French language, and have developed a passion for other French artist as well. Something none of us here in the USA was interested until we found you. You opened our eyes to the beautiful world beyond our sea, and now we can only wish that our desires be heard.

Alizée we would like to start by letting you know that you already have many fans in the USA. We are very passionate about your music, and would like to extend an invitation and request for you to perform in the USA. We have been very busy trying to figure out a way to promote you here and help you sell more CD's, we would be very happy to receive your approval and or any suggestions from you or your management team as to the best way to do this.

Do not be discouraged by all the rap and hip hop music you hear coming from the USA; we enjoy a great variety of different music styles. In fact the majority of the American fans who belong in the many forums to your name would prefer to hear you sing in French!

Because French is not a widely spoken language here in America we don't want you to be discouraged by the fact you don't sing (much) in English. The idea is not to be a “mega-popstar-hit”, but to reach a reasonable target audience. --Deepwaters, California

In order to slowly introduce yourself into the American pop-culture we’ve devised plans for you to get started:
• Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen, Fullerton, California.

• Tour with or open for Madonna! --Fall06, Annandale, Virginia.

• Be on Letterman, O'Brian, Ferguson, Kimmel, or even Leno. If you plan on singing in French, choose a song that can be enjoyed purely for the sound and the visual effect of your performance. (Worked for Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Dido, Nelly Furtado, countless other foreign talents.) --BlackAnthem, Deepwaters.

• Touring is still thought to be the best way to sell records, but today The Internet may be just as good, if not better. (That's how most of the members of our forum became fans.) So ideally, there should be a video clip for as many of the new songs as possible (if not all of them), all in one website. If those vids included subtitles in Spanish and/or English, like French films, so much the better! --_____

• Go shopping, in Beverly Hills. You don't have to buy anything, just cause a stir. If you need bodyguards, an entourage, nanny service, photographers (all recommended) or anything else, just tweet or drop a hint here. --______

• Consider playing the university circuit. Huge, beautiful halls, students thirsting for culture, a lot of federal funding. And besides, students buy the most music! Perhaps the fabulous Patriot Center, located on the campus of Northern Virginia's George Mason University! --Fall06, Annandale, VA; Wasabi622, Illinois; BlackAnthem, Virginia.

• What if you just did your entire albums, as you like (mostly or entirely in French), then released English-only and Spanish-only versions also? - Exactly the same, but all the lyrics of all the songs replaced with Spanish or English? (I hope I'm not suggesting blasphemy here...) I don't think it sound too crazy - In fact, a lot of people, once interested, would want to buy multiple discs in any languages, just to hear your incredible voice. --______

• If/when you do perform, do whatever it takes to boost your confidence. I know you get stage fright and are shy when breaking into a new venue, and America can be intimidating. But you are so lovely, so talented, and so sweet that you have nothing to fear. Let your light shine, and anyone who sees you will fall in love. –Deepwaters, California.

• There are many different TV shows and live events that we would like to request and demand they have you in their show, but it would be pointless unless you are willing to take the chance and come to our country. We respect whatever decision you make Alizée, but if you'd drop us a hint, it could greatly help us to help you! --Jess, Paradise, Florida.

We love you Alizée, and hope you'll find it in your heart to visit us one day, and maybe perform one of your songs for us. It would be an honor for us to have such a beautiful and talented performer come to our country. It would make us very happy to know that you at least think about coming here to the USA.

Be Yourself. And stay classy, stay classic, stay French. I think all Americans hold an image of graceful, beautiful, strong French women, yet we know very few faces or names to represent that image. You would fill that void, so to speak, and knock 'em dead! Know that we are all backing you up and will always be there for you.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 10-06-2009 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

i only skimmed but it looks great BA
Suddenly California doesnt seem so nice Jalen lol. Maybe we should all move here. Scratch that. Let's all move to France

1. Our French club seems intersting, we get to cook (crepes next week), watch movies (you bet your @$$ im going to request Amelie ), have an updated Facebook group/page, we get club shirts and other stuff like that. Most of the members already speak/are taking French, alas, I am only a beginner besides the Spanish/French connections, but they let me in anyway

2. There are several French classes in my school, but this club aint nothin like it. The teacher, (love saying this ) Mademoiselle Purcell (about the same age as Lilly too), is nice but she's not there to teach lol. She interacts as one of us and shares our passion for anything French. I do believe I impressed her by saying I didnt know the language but was learning it as well as being interested in the culture . (I guess she expected the usual guy just looking for a few French lessons to impress a girl )

3. Definitely a French class here, they offer lots of languages actually. They offer Japanese, Spanish, German, Latin, French and American Sign Language and all from beginning to AP level. You can even take academy classes for Korean. Gotta love Lake Braddock Secondary!!!

4. There have been budget cuts here though, we no longer get progress reports in the mail, we have to carry them home (psh, like we'd do that in case of a bad grade )
Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Suddenly California doesnt seem so nice Jalen lol. Maybe we should all move here. Scratch that. Let's all move to France

you bet your @$$ im going to request Amelie

we have to carry them home
Well, at least Southern California is going to hell in a hand basket, I don't know about the north. My ultimate goal is to move to France, I'm done with the crap this country has done to me. Let's all have a big relocation! I'm thinking "Alizée America, in France!"

Amélie is good, but it's too stereotypical. If you want to see some good French movies, request "Le Papillon" or "Hors de Prix" or even "La vie en rose".

you get progress reports? My school thinks the proper solution to budget cuts is to only send home a progress report if a student has less than 54% in a class....... smart thinkers those school people are...... and yet, my high school was rated one of the best in the country, so much that my city and my school are freaking advertised ALL OVER Korea..
Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Thanks Fall06! I forgot one thing. When I was watching Alizee in concert, her concerts and stage were never too big. I'm thinkin', instead of Patriot Center, we should do Wolf Trap. It is a little more upper class, but I think it would suit Alizee just fine:

http://www.wolftrap.org/

So take a look-see and tell me what you think.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Thanks Fall06! I forgot one thing. When I was watching Alizee in concert, her concerts and stage were never too big. I'm thinkin', instead of Patriot Center, we should do Wolf Trap. It is a little more upper class, but I think it would suit Alizee just fine:

http://www.wolftrap.org/

So take a look-see and tell me what you think.
Actually that's a great idea! Patriot Center is a 10,000 seat monster that she may not want to play in and might (ok would) have trouble filling. We went to Wolftrap on a field trip back in elementary school, and it was real nice, not too big, big enough. Scratch the Patriot center, and replace it with Wolftrap then, BA or Chuck. Good to know im not the only one from VA here!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Yeah, maybe I'll see you around. But I don't know who you are. Or do I? I don't know. I'm in Fairfax.

Dear Miss Alizée,

As AlizeeAmerica, the dedicated members of the world's largest Alizée fan forum, we have to start by saying how much we adore you! We currently have ____ members, representing ___ countries, and with ___ new ones joining each month! (Numbers/stats about us also suggested by Alex). We are sending you this letter because we want to help you to introduce your amazing music to the US. To that end, we pledge our support as your loyal acolytes. Here are our Top Suggestions on how to reach American audiophiles, wow the populace, sell millions of records in the US, and take your rightful place as the best singer America has ever heard! Because of you we have become interested in learning the beautiful French language, and have developed a passion for other French artist as well. Something none of us here in the USA was interested until we found you. You opened our eyes to the beautiful world beyond our sea, and now we can only wish that our desires be heard.

Alizée we would like to start by letting you know that you already have many fans in the USA. We are very passionate about your music, and would like to extend an invitation and request for you to perform in the USA. We have been very busy trying to figure out a way to promote you here and help you sell more CD's, we would be very happy to receive your approval and or any suggestions from you or your management team as to the best way to do this.

Do not be discouraged by all the rap and hip hop music you hear coming from the USA; we enjoy a great variety of different music styles. In fact the majority of the American fans who belong in the many forums to your name would prefer to hear you sing in French!

Because French is not a widely spoken language here in America we don't want you to be discouraged by the fact you don't sing (much) in English. The idea is not to be a “mega-popstar-hit”, but to reach a reasonable target audience. --Deepwaters, California

In order to slowly introduce yourself into the American pop-culture we’ve devised plans for you to get started:
• Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen, Fullerton, California.

• Tour with or open for Madonna! --Fall06, Annandale, Virginia.

• Be on Letterman, O'Brian, Ferguson, Kimmel, or even Leno. If you plan on singing in French, choose a song that can be enjoyed purely for the sound and the visual effect of your performance. (Worked for Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Dido, Nelly Furtado, countless other foreign talents.) --BlackAnthem, Deepwaters.

• Touring is still thought to be the best way to sell records, but today The Internet may be just as good, if not better. (That's how most of the members of our forum became fans.) So ideally, there should be a video clip for as many of the new songs as possible (if not all of them), all in one website. If those videos included subtitles in Spanish and/or English, like French films, so much the better! --_____

• Go shopping, in Beverly Hills. You don't have to buy anything, just cause a stir. If you need bodyguards, an entourage, nanny service, photographers (all recommended) or anything else, just tweet or drop a hint here. --______

• Consider playing the university circuit. Huge, beautiful halls, students thirsting for culture, a lot of federal funding. And besides, students buy the most music! Perhaps Wolf Trap! --Fall06, Annandale, VA; Wasabi622, Illinois; BlackAnthem, Virginia.

• What if you just did your entire albums, as you like (mostly or entirely in French), then released English-only and Spanish-only versions also? - Exactly the same, but all the lyrics of all the songs replaced with Spanish or English? (I hope I'm not suggesting blasphemy here...) I don't think it sound too crazy - In fact, a lot of people, once interested, would want to buy multiple discs in any languages, just to hear your incredible voice. --______

• If/when you do perform, do whatever it takes to boost your confidence. I know you get stage fright and are shy when breaking into a new venue, and America can be intimidating. But you are so lovely, so talented, and so sweet that you have nothing to fear. Let your light shine, and anyone who sees you will fall in love. –Deepwaters, California.

• There are many different TV shows and live events that we would like to request and demand they have you in their show, but it would be pointless unless you are willing to take the chance and come to our country. We respect whatever decision you make Alizée, but if you'd drop us a hint, it could greatly help us to help you! --Jess, Paradise, Florida.

We love you Alizée, and hope you'll find it in your heart to visit us one day, and maybe perform one of your songs for us. It would be an honor for us to have such a beautiful and talented performer come to our country. It would make us very happy to know that you at least think about coming here to the USA.

Be Yourself. And stay classy, stay classic, stay French. I think all Americans hold an image of graceful, beautiful, strong French women, yet we know very few faces or names to represent that image. You would fill that void, so to speak, and knock 'em dead! Know that we are all backing you up and will always be there for you.

--The Members of AlizeeAmerica.com

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 10-07-2009 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2009, 04:15 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Now it looks like this:

Anthem, that's looking awesomely great. But it's still going to have to shrink a bit more. Now there's more sig's in the space:

...There's still a few days to go, so get me a signature soon, and it'll be added here!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Anthem, that's looking awesomely great. But it's still going to have to shrink a bit more. Now there's more sig's in the space:

...There's still a few days to go, so get me a signature soon, and it'll be added here!
I appreciate that you reverted to the original signatures.

a little thing though, I might just be seeing it incorrectly through nyquil goggles (still freaking sick)

"3) Something none of us in the USA was interested until"

Shouldn't it be "Something none of us in the USA were interested in until"?

-----

two little questions
1. Why is Barret's sig so small?
2. You say there's a few days left, left until what?

------

also, for space's concern couldn't you make all the sigs an equal, smaller size of say 70% of what they are now? The sigs aren't as important as the letter is.

Last edited by user472884; 10-08-2009 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2009, 06:13 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Hey, J

Jalen and Deanej, the language classes and stuff sound pretty challenging there. Esp the O.C. stuff, Jalen -- but don't forget that Koreans and Pacific people are excellent. So is their food! Don't get discouraged (although you don't seem the type), keep trying to change the rules. Or at least get a variance permitted here and there.!.?.

Another movie I'd recommend for French clubs: "A Good Year", w/ Russell Crowe, Marillon Cotillard. Russ inherits a vinyard in France. When he gets there, he can't handle his tiny rented car, and the radio gets stuck on a song that we all know and love. Not a full-blooded, pedigreed French movie I admit, but it was shot on location with mostly french actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I appreciate that you reverted to the original signatures.

a little thing though, I might just be seeing it incorrectly through nyquil goggles (still freaking sick)

"3) Something none of us in the USA was interested until"

Shouldn't it be "Something none of us in the USA were interested in until"?
uh, yes, uh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
two little questions
1. Why is Barret's sig so small?
2. You say there's a few days left, left until what?

also, for space's concern couldn't you make all the sigs an equal, smaller size of say 70% of what they are now? The sigs aren't as important as the letter is.
For your third question, yeah, we can shrink them all, and, when we get more sigs and finalize this, everything will be as equal as possible.

RE Q2 - A few days left until the latest virtual deadline!

RE Q1 - Mr.B wanted us to take out his earlier sig, now preferring "El Pablo Funk". A new secret identity? He may or may not explain at some point, butI'm not bugging him for details. yet. Barrett, don't sweat, we can shrink you down a little more...

EVERYONE:
WE'D LIKE TO INVITE EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM TO HAVE YOUR SIGNATURES ADDED TO THIS LETTER!

To SUBMIT YOUR SIGNATURE TO BE ADDED:
1) write your signature, on paper or on a computer (if paper, use BLANK WHITE paper ;
2) save it as an image file: jpg, bmp gif, tif, psd, ppk... (use scanner or digital camera if nec.);
3) send that file in!
You can still e-mail it to me as an attachment, if you prefer, but first I must say this:

For everyone's peace of mind (and per Lefty's excellent advice), we're recommending you take advantage of a third-party hosting site to get those files to me. If you're already signed up with such a site, you can maybe use them. Otherwise, go to rapidshare.com (4*'s) or megaupload.com (3.5*'s) and follow the simple instructions. WHICHEVER SITE you choose, they'll give you an access code, which you can then pass along to me in a PM.

Or you can post your sig file on this site (then message me so I know where to look)
Or you can still, like, use old-fashioned e-mail to bongovideo@tds.net .

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail