Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-16-2019, 05:24 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Is that not just another fan account? Or am I missing something?
Hmm...

_teamalizeegregoire”, “#TeamAG”…

Tag at the top of the page “identifies’ it as: “#TeamAG(@_teamalizeegregoire) . Instagram photos and videos

I thought that was their sort of "joint" kind of "dance oriented page", for they have been known to post some of their stuff there, and only there...

Now, there is a fan page “#teamAG” or “#teamag”, that is just a “fan page”, and both Alizee and Greg have been known to put this in their own posts, by mistake, when I think they really mean “#TeamAG”…

So close, it would be such an easy thing to do.

Think the “link” might be “banjaxed”…
Old 06-16-2019, 05:25 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Today is Father's Day, at least in America. This doesn't tell me anything other than she is honoring Father's Day and Greg, who is a new father.
Oh that's true, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up I guess ^^
Old 06-17-2019, 06:57 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Hmm...

_teamalizeegregoire”, “#TeamAG”…

Tag at the top of the page “identifies’ it as: “#TeamAG(@_teamalizeegregoire) . Instagram photos and videos

I thought that was their sort of "joint" kind of "dance oriented page", for they have been known to post some of their stuff there, and only there...

Now, there is a fan page “#teamAG” or “#teamag”, that is just a “fan page”, and both Alizee and Greg have been known to put this in their own posts, by mistake, when I think they really mean “#TeamAG”…

So close, it would be such an easy thing to do.

Think the “link” might be “banjaxed”…
http://www.instagram.com/_teamalizeegregoire

If this is the account you're referring to in your original post, it says "Compte fan" (fan account) and #mesidoles (my idols) in the bio

During the DALS competition several fan pages sprang up to support the different dance couples like Keen'V and Fauve. For our side we had #TeamAlizée, #TeamAG, and #TeamAlizéeGregoire and they've been with the fandom ever since.

For example, a 2014 post from our AAm account using #TeamAlizee

Old 06-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Being a fan of Alizée is a very unorthodox experience. Some here have even called it a cult. Therefore, we shouldn't be surprised that Alizée's career and her decisions are not part of some cookie-cutter popstar formula.
Absolutely Alizee has a cult following, which I am a proud member of.

I refer to the more moderate definition of a cult, which is excessive admiration, and is synonymous with "passion for". I think when a fan goes beyond admiring her pretty face and sexy dancing and learning more about what she is all about inside, she becomes irresistible.

I think if the guys who have followed and admired Alizee for years were to sit down and list all the qualities in a woman that they would find ideal to be their life partner (and for the sake of argument, they didn't know Alizee existed), probably in the end Alizee would meet a great number of those attributes. There is only one Alizee, and it is nice to know that there is somebody like her in the world.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:03 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

And here we have the composure's interpretation of "Your Beautiful."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=491AWit5Gmc
Old 06-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
And here we have the composure's interpretation of "Your Beautiful."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=491AWit5Gmc

I have a lot of “time” and “respect” for James. He is “intelligent”, “funny” and very “articulate”, and, like most “veterans”, just a little bit “broken”…

Now, another “claim to fame” of his, is, in his “military days”, he may have ACTUALLY prevented the outbreak of WW3...

Check out this story…

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-11753050

That was a “conflict” that I thought I would never ever see the like of again, in supposedly “civilized” Europe. I will, and can never ever forget that one. For so many reasons…

Will they ever learn?

Anyhow, “cool” young man, like him a lot…

And the song, so many people think, for some reason it is “so romantic”, or whatnot...

Huh??

It’s probably one of the “saddest”, most “heartwrenching” songs that I have ever heard…

Last edited by RedRafe; 06-18-2019 at 07:59 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 09:18 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Here is a short clip of the song in Les Enfoires 2013 with Alizee that an audience member took. Coincidentally, the skit was called "Dancing with Bernard" where couple compete in a dancing competition. It was meant to humorous, and it was.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-19-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Old 06-19-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Here is a short clip of the song in Les Enfoires 2013 with Alizee that an audience member took. Coincidentally, the skit was called "Dancing with Bernard" where couple compete in a dancing competition. It was meant to humorous, and it was.

It's interesting, Alizee has worked with this music. We may associate it with her, but she has probably never made that connection and never will. There is so much interest swirling about her she knows nothing about. Alizee is just a woman living her life and right now that's all about having a baby and we know nothing about that. Of course, we know she is pregnant, but we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, if she's having problems, if she likes being pregnant, nothing. It's odd having so strong an attachment to someone who lives on the other side of the world, doesn't speak your language and doesn't know or care that you exist. The whole fan phenomenon is weird. But it adds an undefinable quality to life that we refuse to surrender.

In this skit, we see Alizee making a parody of everything I am talking about, and probably not giving it a moment's reflection beyond the stage joke.

Edit:

[QUOTE=RedRafe;265606]

I have a lot of “time” and “respect” for James. He is “intelligent”, “funny” and very “articulate”, and, like most “veterans”, just a little bit “broken”…

I spent most of my life in the US Army. My last assignment was as the Sergeant Major of the 2d Cavalry Regiment. It seemed there was always something of great moment happening. In some ways, I miss it.

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-19-2019 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
It's interesting, Alizee has worked with this music. We may associate it with her, but she has probably never made that connection and never will. There is so much interest swirling about her she knows nothing about. Alizee is just a woman living her life and right now that's all about having a baby and we know nothing about that. Of course, we know she is pregnant, but we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, if she's having problems, if she likes being pregnant, nothing. It's odd having so strong an attachment to someone who lives on the other side of the world, doesn't speak your language and doesn't know or care that you exist. The whole fan phenomenon is weird. But it adds an undefinable quality to life that we refuse to surrender.
The whole “fan phenomenon” thing, especially with regard to my own “adoration” of Alizee, just does not make one damn bit of sense to me, at all…

Really…

I mean, ordinarily, if it was any other woman, in the same circumstances, I would be “gone”, “offsky”, lonngg ago, after the span of time it would take me to logically figure out that there was no “point”, nor real reason, in me "hanging around", at all…

And in the current “situation”, well…

Logic is starting to “win”…

I just don’t want to go “cold turkey”, so to speak…

Again…

Just, maybe, “wean” myself off “her gorgeousness”, gradually

Yeaaaahh…

Just… don’t “hold your breath”, or anything…

Quote:
I spent most of my life in the US Army. My last assignment was as the Sergeant Major of the 2d Cavalry Regiment. It seemed there was always something of great moment happening. In some ways, I miss it.
Shepherd, I know exactly what you mean...

Respect…

I also “miss” it, in some ways, at times…

I devoted 25 years of my life to it, 23 “active”, 2 in the “reserve”, and in many ways it made me the person I am today, and I’m told he is a “pretty wonderful” person, but, hah, I just don’t get that bit, at all.

Anyhow, it “gave” me a lot of things in life...

I saw, and took part in, so many “wonderful” and “awe inspiring” things, that ordinarily I could not even had “dared” dream about, but, it demanded far far more back in return, and “took” so much that it shouldn’t have...

Regrets, about my "service years", and "events" therein, I have many, but they are truly pointless, for it’s all “done and dusted” now, they can’t be changed.

I will say one thing though…

It was never ever boring…

There was always something “nonsensically” extremely “important”, happening somewhere, in some godforsaken “backwater”, that nobody had ever heard of before, that had to be “sorted”, and apparently I was one of the very few that could do it…

Sometimes it just “sucked” to be me…

But it was “truly” never boring…

Last edited by RedRafe; 06-20-2019 at 10:56 PM..
Old 06-21-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post

There was always something “nonsensically” extremely “important”, happening somewhere, in some godforsaken “backwater”, that nobody had ever heard of before, that had to be “sorted”, and apparently I was one of the very few that could do it…

Sometimes it just “sucked” to be me…

But it was “truly” never boring…

As a young soldier new to the army, standing in formation, dressed in my class A uniform, the drill Sergeant noticed that some asshole had flicked a cigaret butt under the old WWII barracks that was set on bricks a foot or so off the ground. Of course, he couldn't tolerate that obscenity beneath his building, so he ordered all of us to drop down on our bellies, crawl under the barracks, and retrieve that cigarette butt.

We had a parade that day and had spent endless hours the night before polishing our shoes and brass and starching our uniforms. As I crawled out from under that building with the toes of my shoes scuffed, my brass belt buckle scratched, and my uniform filthy, the Sergeant Major drove by in his gussed-up jeep with its painted tires, unit flags flying, and a fresh young lady soldier driving. The sight of him inspired pyrotechnic thoughts.

Decades later as a Sergeant Major at Ft. Polk, Lousiana, I sat at my desk besieged by problems of great moment. The window was open, a fresh breeze of new-mown grass blew in, and there was a loud noise outside. A young soldier was cutting the grass, and I thought to myself, "Ah, those were the days."

The Army took me places no tourist would ever dream of going. Had me do things normal people in their right minds would never do. But, "truly," it never was boring.

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-21-2019 at 12:58 AM..