Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Yah but hey guys I've been thinking about it, and I would be glad to make 3D Alizee Hotspots....I will have to research the buildings like crazy though
Old 04-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile SketchUp models of Alizée shrines

I am delighted with the positive responses to my suggestion about making SketchUp models of Alizée shrines and placing them into Google Earth for global publication.

If you look on YouTube, you will find instructional videos on how to semi-automatically erect models using photographs of the buildings in question. When Ron Howard was refused permission to shoot scenes in St. Sulpice for his film, <i>The DaVinci Code</i>, he had a virtual model built from photographs in a similar way.

If you cannot find the photos you need from among the billions already online in Google Earth Street View, FlickR, Panoramio, <i>etc</I>, remember that Alizée has fans in Europe whom you might recruit to shoot new ones.

If people get serious about doing this, it would be a good idea to start (a) new thread(s) to coordinate and document group efforts.

Note also that there are vast SketchUp libraries of premade objects already online within Google Earth, and it is not hard to rescale and repaint them, and so on. So if you want a giant high-heel shoe, there is no need to re-invent the wheel - or the shoe!

I don't know how Google Earth is handling mythical structures these days - perhaps you can do as you please if you use a special named layer users can optionally activate. But just think, if you constructed a giant Lilizilla, you could demand Tokyo surrender all of its Elise wafers to her - or else!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
But just think, if you constructed a giant Lilizilla, you could demand Tokyo surrender all of its Elise wafers to her - or else!
Oh my goodness Doc that made me crack up

I need some Elise crackers with Nutella from my cupboard now
Old 04-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Oh my goodness Doc that made me crack up

I need some Elise crackers with Nutella from my cupboard now
It was a while back but Jalen actually found some. I looked for them at my local asian market but no luck They didn't even have any SNSD things
Old 04-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
It was a while back but Jalen actually found some. I looked for them at my local asian market but no luck They didn't even have any SNSD things
True dat. I still have the three boxes, two still unopened. There's only like... one freaking Korean market in Colorado that's like an hour away, and the two times I've been there I haven't seen them... though truthfully I haven't looked that hard (the first time, they found me)
Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
True dat. I still have the three boxes, two still unopened. There's only like... one freaking Korean market in Colorado that's like an hour away, and the two times I've been there I haven't seen them... though truthfully I haven't looked that hard (the first time, they found me)

I picked some up in NYC a week ago.

I asked for Elise - the guy had no idea what I was talking about. When I found the package and showed it to him he pointed to a label in the corner and suggested I ask for Bourbon (the company name I guess) in the future.

Last edited by Rev; 04-18-2010 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

I asked for Elise - the guy had no idea what I was talking about. When I found the package and showed it to him he pointed to a label in the corner and suggested I ask for Burbon (the company name I guess) in the future.
Checking the package now, it does say "Bourbon".

Doesn't matter, I'll just ask "Where'd the Alizée cookies?"
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile I love to watch you eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

I asked for Elise - the guy had no idea what I was talking about. When I found the package and showed it to him he pointed to a label in the corner and suggested I ask for B[o]urbon (the company name I guess) in the future.
Even people who live in barbaric places (as does Jalen?) can always still order the premium Bourbon Elise cookie, thanks to e-commerce!

Price engine:
http://www.thefind.com/query.php?query=Bourbon+Elise
(The best retail deal is Mel & Rose, $3.99 (in stock) for a 4.55 oz box with 8 pieces)
You can economize by getting the 20-pack cases for a bit over $50.

Ingredients listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/Bourbon-Cookie.../dp/B000NNKWPM

Nutritional analysis here:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...-cream-1720786

The cited Amazon page claims you can upload a product review video. Now, if only you could find one featuring a pretty French girl... Hmm.

BTW, should we send a gift package to Institubes for arrival on 21 August? (Remember, teddy bears can't be eaten in polite company!) And the REALLY big question is: chocolate cream or white cream?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Even people who live in barbaric places (as does Jalen?) can always still order the premium Bourbon Elise cookie, thanks to e-commerce!

Price engine:
http://www.thefind.com/query.php?query=Bourbon+Elise
(The best retail deal is Mel & Rose, $3.99 (in stock) for a 4.55 oz box with 8 pieces)
You can economize by getting the 20-pack cases for a bit over $50.

Ingredients listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/Bourbon-Cookie.../dp/B000NNKWPM

Nutritional analysis here:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...-cream-1720786

The cited Amazon page claims you can upload a product review video. Now, if only you could find one featuring a pretty French girl... Hmm.

BTW, should we send a gift package to Institubes for arrival on 21 August? (Remember, teddy bears can't be eaten in polite company!) And the REALLY big question is: chocolate cream or white cream?
Nutritional analysis? Uh... Alizée only bit one in half once, and now she doesn't look a day older than when she did. That's analysis enough for me.

In all honesty, I don't think she'd react to a large delivery of Elise very kindly... like Gene Simmons wouldn't want a lifetime supply of Kabuki makeup, or Chuck Norris receiving a couple hundred tour buses of fresh souls to eat (because frankly, he can get that himself with three eyes closed).
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Mmm... I want cookies! Oh wait, this thread isn't about cookies! Lol let's please not get too off-topic, please, I haven't had the chance to post my cd yet!