Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 PM

brooklyn is on a distinguished road

picture is not brilliant but better than nothing

Last edited by brooklyn; 03-08-2008 at 01:14 PM..
Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

By the way, the CD is up on legal download sites like VirginMega.fr and Starzik.com. Starzik accepts foreign credit cards, and the double album is on sale there for the price of a single disc ($9.99 eur). Best of all, no shipping fees!

http://www.starzik.com/mp3/produits/...es-160043.html

Alizée dances and/or sings in the chorus on many songs, but here are the ones where you can hear her voice solo:

Double Je
L'Amitié
Medley Le Match (Relax)
Medley Fan (Fan)
L'Amitié [Radio Version]

Last edited by Ben; 03-10-2008 at 01:06 AM..
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 AM

Pluton_CZE is an unknown quantity at this point

L'Amitié
i love this part 03:10-03:14 (alizee on backgroud)

Last edited by Pluton_CZE; 03-10-2008 at 09:47 AM..
Old 03-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Century Child

I just got my first chance to skim through the DVDs. First a few general observations, then a chapter-by-chapter rundown of Lili's participation I made for those just tuning in now and planning to pick up the discs. I haven't even begun looking for myself, Ronny, or Roman in the crowd shots yet! Nor have I really watched the bonus features.

In real life the concert was almost four and a half hours long. About three and a half hours are represented on the DVD. Most of the cut time comes from talking bits and sing-alongs between songs, most of them not very important, though they have removed a large chunk of Alizée's on-stage banter with Pascal Obispo after they promote the CD and DVD. At the real show they entered from the left, talked about the discs, then proceeded to center stage to lead the audience in a short boys vs. girls sing along. On the DVD the beginning of this is still there, but they cut it off before they move to the center. Shame. And I doubt it was any different when shown on TV. So it will only exist in fan videos for now.

Speaking of differences from TV, the DVD is as I was expecting missing the various behind-the-scenes shots peppered throughout the TF1 broadcast. They may be incorporated into the making-of bonus feature, though I can't say for sure until I get my hands on a copy of the television version and compare. I also noticed that the opening credits are different (much shorter), and of course the running order on the DVD is correct unlike on TF1. There may be many more small editing variations, but again I can't say for the moment.

On how the DVD treats Alizée overall, it's fairly positive. Could have been a little better, yes, but then could also have been a whole lot worse. As expected there are some beautiful shots of her when she's singing, especially during Fan where I think she comes off better than anyone else, but less attention paid to her when she's on-stage dancing, in a chorus, or doing something else. This is especially true toward the beginning, where you'd be hard pressed to even tell she was there. But things get better and she becomes more visible even during her small parts on the second disc.

Anyway, here's my rundown of where you can find her:

Disc 1
Chapter - Title - Description
01 - Ville De Lumière - Chorus singer in pink, slightly left of center near the turning gears. Just a few shots.
02 - Manu Chao - Kneels for the king and queen when they walk by, sings and dances on the left when they leave.
04 - Medley Mister Restos - Promoting the CD/DVD with Pascal Obispo after the medley. Much from the actual concert is cut.
08 - Aimer est Plus Fort Que D'Etre Aimé - Holding the heart balloon on the left.
10 - Les Matins D'Hiver - Sitting and playing ball near Celine Dion on the right.
11 - Louxor J'Adore - Blink and you'll miss her, but she is one of the Egyptian dancers.
13 - Medley Le Match - Featured singer on 'Relax', present on-stage throughout the rest of the medley.
16 - Medley Fan - Featured singer on the 'Fan' linking song.

Disc 2
Chapter - Title - Description
01 - Medley La Magie - Dancer, first dressed as a witch with some very nice shots, then in a beige dress.
02 - Le Coeur Volcan - Featured dancer. You can't miss her!
03 - Double Je - Featured singer. Ditto.
07 - Education Sentimentale - Third in the line of chorus singers entering from the right and crossing to the left.
08 - L'Amitié - Featured and chorus singer.
09 - La Chanson Des Restos - She's in there somewhere!

Bonus
Les Enforiés en secret - 40min making-of with shots of Lili rehearsing (on stage, in the studio for Double Je, etc.) & backstage.
Les secrets du clip - Six versions of the L'Amitié music video featuring various candid and backstage shots.

Last edited by Ben; 03-11-2008 at 09:40 PM..
Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Thanks Snatcher, sounds neato! I just got a new job so i'll definitly be investing in this. I feel secure purchasing it via Amazon.com, but do you recommend any other websites?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Century Child

I ordered mine from fnac.com, but amazon.fr is fine too.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

rgr that merci
Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Just got the DVDs this morning. Very enjoyable even if Alizée wasn't involved - she just makes it so much better. My only complaint is there just isn't enough of her. Of course, if the entire show was nothing but her I would still say the same thing. Too much Alizée is not possible.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Is the punch scene in there, I really have to see that LMAO

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Century Child

I've been talking a lot about the backstage shots from the TV broadcast that are missing on the DVD, so here they are extracted from a medium-quality avi. It's a small file, only 20 seconds long... working to get a better mpeg, if RMJ doesn't beat me to it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/99147907..._Backstage.avi