Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Just remember, it was what? Four years between albums (not counting the live album in 2004). Then three more years between the live album and Psych, then three years between Psych and Ueds...

I'm gonna be happy and happy and happy if she does a tour/concert/mall opening/whatever! As long as there is new pictures/video!

(PRAY that there is a concert early next year as she's mentioned in another thread - but I won't hold my breath... Seems my ability to pay for a trip to France is inversly proportional to the chances of Alizeé actually performing! )

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 10-07-2010 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: Spelling, of course...
Old 10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Just remember, it was what? Four years between albums (not counting the live album in 2004). Then three more years between the live album and Psych, then three years between Psych and Ueds...
This is an excellent point. I expect another little "break" before she has another album out. For now, I'm just going to stay positive and stay a faithful fan, hoping for the best. To be an Alizée fan, you've got to have patience.

The way I look at it, I don't see one of the once biggest pop stars of France and Europe going out on this album. It would kind of be ironic though if she did since the album is pretty much about death and all that. lol
Old 10-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post

The way I look at it, I don't see one of the once biggest pop stars of France and Europe going out on this album. It would kind of be ironic though if she did since the album is pretty much about death and all that. lol
And how Mes Fantômes is about all her mistakes(like making this album). Jk'n that was a really bad joke haha

Edit:

Quote:

And how Mes Fantômes is about all her mistakes(like making this album). Jk'n that was a really bad joke haha

Last edited by User22; 10-07-2010 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is an excellent point. I expect another little "break" before she has another album out. For now, I'm just going to stay positive and stay a faithful fan, hoping for the best. To be an Alizée fan, you've got to have patience.

Hey, maybe the longer we wait, the more different the new album will be in comparison! Maybe she'll release a rap album or something and go all Decollagey on us.

I jest!! I'm hoping she'll return to some mainstream pop type of style.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hey, maybe the longer we wait, the more different the new album will be in comparison! Maybe she'll release a rap album or something and go all Decollagey on us.

I jest!! I'm hoping she'll return to some mainstream pop type of style.
I actually would like that too because I feel like her talents are better suited to that genre.. but to be honest I really love the lyrical depth and general quality she's put out there with Une Enfant, more so than the days of MF-LB or even Psyche. I know pop for the most part doesn't contain the deepest subject matter but I really hope she keeps that for any future albums, no matter what the style is. If you look at past albums compared to UEdS, her older lyrics are a little strange at times, childish.. not badly written, just not as good as they could be. But her new team has made some really brilliant, beautiful lyrics here.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I actually would like that too because I feel like her talents are better suited to that genre.. but to be honest I really love the lyrical depth and general quality she's put out there with Une Enfant, more so than the days of MF-LB or even Psyche. I know pop for the most part doesn't contain the deepest subject matter but I really hope she keeps that for any future albums, no matter what the style is. If you look at past albums compared to UEdS, her older lyrics are a little strange at times, childish.. not badly written, just not as good as they could be. But her new team has made some really brilliant, beautiful lyrics here.
Maybe she can do some sort of mix album. I think too much of either makes it bland, there needs be some sort of balance. Like UEDS, way too deep and dark. Psychedelices? In my book, perfect, but to others, I can see how.. it can be overwhelmingly perky? MCE on the other hand, had the perfect blend of up beat and perky, as well as slow and mellow. Something that covers both, with covering up the other one.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:01 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I don't mind a little wait. I'm sure whatever she comes out with next I'll enjoy, especially since I like all of her albums and songs. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be a tough one between MCE and Psych. Probably go with Psych since I listen to it more though.

As for what I think she'll do next, or at least wouldn't mind seeing/hearing, would be what she would do with more of a band. Doing more of a rock/pop rock sound.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Maybe she can do some sort of mix album. I think too much of either makes it bland, there needs be some sort of balance. Like UEDS, way too deep and dark. Psychedelices? In my book, perfect, but to others, I can see how.. it can be overwhelmingly perky? MCE on the other hand, had the perfect blend of up beat and perky, as well as slow and mellow. Something that covers both, with covering up the other one.
Tout Alizee Vol. 2
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't mind a little wait. I'm sure whatever she comes out with next I'll enjoy, especially since I like all of her albums and songs. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be a tough one between MCE and Psych. Probably go with Psych since I listen to it more though.

As for what I think she'll do next, or at least wouldn't mind seeing/hearing, would be what she would do with more of a band. Doing more of a rock/pop rock sound.

You mean like what she did for En Concert? She kind of redid her songs slightly to have a more pop/rock sound, especially the J'en Ai Marre and Moi...Lolita. (I'd also throw in J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, but that's always been like that. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Tout Alizee Vol. 2
Hahahaa, yes!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Yes, her doing a more pop/rock thing again would be great....except the fact that she already did it!....three times!!!