Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
It would be good if they did get a message telling them of the ban and the length. Maybe even with space for a comment giving them a short explanation.
I think the ban message is a default function of the version of vBulletin that is hosting this forum, which is pretty aged. As Scruffy mentioned, a banned member can still read the threads, so if the length of the ban is mentioned in the ban post, it would give the member a heads up on when it is lifted (if ever).
Old 04-05-2019, 12:15 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The fact that this ban was for 731 days, might as well be a life time ban in my opinion. Who's going to stick around that long?
How do you know it was for 731 days? I only told CleverCowboy and MerciAlizée in a private group chat that it was a two year ban and that it "can of course be modified or reversed."

I've been told that there's no such thing as a Private Message on this forum and that people are always sharing this-and-that, and so-and-so told me this, so I guess if we're just going to bare it all out there I might as well explain to all why I took those actions.

As you can see in the screenshot above, I first raised the issue of LCC's behavior on March 15th, almost three weeks ago. In that time she heavily criticized Alizée's blonde hair, her tattoos, and her nose. On the first post in which she criticized Alizée's nose, she made a point to say that she knows someone will have words to say about it. She clearly expected and in my opinion invited controversy. Textbook troll behavior.

As I said in the conversation above, I was active on AAm when LCC first joined the forum in 2009. While yes, one may raise the question that it is not fair to consider ten year old posts as grounds for banning, she clearly stayed away from the site for a number of years. She posted three times (a fourth post was deleted by Ruroshen) in 2009 and did not post again until 2018.

There was some confusion about a post with Scruffy after which we talked on the AAm Chatbox. He noted that at the time she had posted 7 times in 9 years.

Despite the long absence, it wasn't long before the same vitriolic attitude resurfaced. I held off on any action when she ranted about the blonde hair and the tattoos because after all, we have had a number of people do the same with no consequence. There's no real reason to start now. When she first brought up the nose, though my instincts immediately told me she was trying to start something, I again did nothing because she posted on April 1st. I gave her the benefit of the doubt that it was an April Fool's joke. But despite the reaction going from "haha" to lukewarm, to "enough," she continued to insist that Alizée was flawed and that God should have spent more time creating her. She compared Alizée to a horse.

So I banned her, and I have no regrets about doing so. That is what I felt (and continue to feel) should be done in light of everything that had happened to that point. I would do the same if God, a horse (), Ben, and Alizée were standing there watching. The only thing I would do different is recommend a ban to Vibhash and John beforehand.

I decided on a two year ban because it is the longest non-permanent ban setting, and with LCC's history of coming and going every 9 or 10 years, it doesn't make any difference. It was certainly a better alternative in my opinion, to banning her for a week or a month so she can come back and start flaming and -ing again. As John said a few posts ago, if that attitude hasn't changed since 2009, any length ban won't make a difference.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 04-05-2019 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: Clipped out photos from the message thread
Old 04-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
How do you know it was for 731 days? I only told CleverCowboy and MerciAlizée in a private group chat that it was a two year ban and that it "can of course be modified or reversed."

I've been told that there's no such thing as a Private Message on this forum and that people are always sharing this-and-that, and so-and-so told me this, so I guess if we're just going to bare it all out there I might as well explain to all why I took those actions.
Fall, obviously you thought we were talking behind your back... and we were.

Scruffy, Bamagirl and myself continue to work on the Alizee interview project, compiling member questions that were posted, selecting the best, discussing different strategies to deliver them to Alizee, and now converting them to French. We do this by email. As the email exchange goes on, sometimes something that occurs on the forum gets commented on. The ban was one of them. The focus of the exchange was how to get the three moderators able to communicate with each other easily, and that is when the suggestion of getting your email address came up. It was no secret that I have an open Messenger chat with you and Merci going on in FB for quick activation of new members. Bamagirl needed to know the process in the event a new member is requesting activation and you and I are not available.

It was a neutral conversation with nothing personal about you in a negative sense, in case you took it that way.

Edit:

Fall, I cropped out my FB photo but left the content.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 04-05-2019 at 10:37 AM..
Old 04-05-2019, 11:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I mentioned before, CleverCowboy and me talk on a regular basis. I'm posting a picture from my Google e-mail account that shows a small portion of the e-mails we've exchanged.

I'm not a mod, but I'm still a big part of what goes on in this forum. It was through my recommendations to Ben that CleverCowboy and Bamagirl were made mods. I didn't ask to be made one because I go off the deep end some times and I know that could happen again.

Before we added these 2 mods, spam was a regular problem because it was too much for just one mod to take care of. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it, but there's been a big improvement, mostly thanks to CleverCowboy and Bamagirl, but I also played a small role in it.

A year ago, about 80% of the conversation that was taking place in here was taking place in chat where visitors can't see it. Through my efforts and someone else who I won’t name, after much argument, someone who was keeping those conversations anchored in chat left, which is too bad because it didn't need to be that way, but you can see what goes on today. Probably 90% of the conversation in the forum takes place in the forum where visitors can see it.

Not that long ago, things were so bad with the conversations taking in place in chat, the spam we were stuck with for days. Good conversations that were taking place in the open forum were being ended because they were off topic and the fact that we can't make changes to this forum that should be made, led me and CC to discuss starting a new forum including different language forums. We were willing to put up the startup and monthly costs. The only thing that kept us from doing it was the history of this forum. That's something we'd hate to lose. Though we still don't have the ability to make some changes we'd like to make, I think things are going pretty well and Bamagirl has brought the much-valued quality of a woman's perspective back to our forum and is being a big help in this interview project.

So, I think the 4 of us are working hard to make this a better place.

CC and Bamagirl, haven't been mods that long. They weren’t sure about this ban, so they confided in me.

One of the things I said in a letter to them both in which we were discussing three different things is that one of the two should post their views in the mod forum, which I don't have access to. Then the other should post their views. then maybe they can include Fall in the decision-making process.

"............ I suggest it should be taken down. Maybe you can include Fall in that decision-making process. I should get his e-mail address so you two can include him in forum decision-making issues.".

Notice I said "you two" and not "the three of us" in forum decision-making issues. Again, I told them they should use the mod forum, which I don't have access to. So, I'm certainly not trying to do things without you or go around you.

I do think this ban was excessive. I think it should start with a one-week ban, followed by a one-month ban, followed by a lifetime ban. Of course, the nature of the offence dictates which ban and the person being banned should be notified of how long a ban they are getting and any ban, longer than 30 days should require the approval of at least 2 mods.

I think you three need to come up with some guidelines for forum offences, warnings, bans, etc and I think you should review this ban, but it will be your three's decision as to what happens.

That conversation that was referenced in Fall's post I'm sure I took the wrong way at first and thought it was aimed at me, but now, I'm quite sure it was directed at the guy in the picture. Either way, she should not have used the word stupid.

Attachment 2606

Attachment 2607

Attachment 2608

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-14-2020 at 06:53 PM..
Old 04-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Against The Current

I was a bit surprised about the sharing of information for the same reason why you heavily edited out the emails and letters and perhaps also why John cropped out his picture: because some details and information should remain behind the scenes and private.

Anyway, I am not surprised that you guys have conversations outside of AAm, that's all good. The interview question project I had considered dead, so I'm glad that it is being worked on. The odyssey with the "former member who shall not be named" is one I'm also very familiar with and you don't need to justify your participation in the forum, Scruffy. It would be great if more people did more than post and go.

Also, while Merci is often busy, he is still the top administrator outside of Ben. You mentioned the three of you but Merci should be included also. That comprised the majority of your replies, but neither of you gave any feedback to my reasoning. Scruffy said that the ban is excessive, but I don't see how many more chances to reform one's behavior we can give? Especially given the nature of the repeated offenses (which she kept and kept getting away with). There should definitely be a process for warnings, but some offenses are worse than others, and given the preferred "lax" approach to the moderation, the offender had grown noticeably more vicious and ambitious. At some point, the camel's back breaks, guys.

As I said, I will talk to the other mods and admin about the ban. At this point I think we should drop the public discussion on that subject and let the topic of the thread be addressed again.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:32 AM

I sent copies of the full e-mails that I posted in the forum to Fall. His pm box was apparently full, so I used the e-mail link.

In those e-mails, in addition to the ban, I was discussing two other subjects and there were things I thought best to keep private at this point.

As far as John cropping out his picture, we should never post another member's picture unless maybe it's the same one they use in their profile or one they may have posted before, but even in those cases, I see no need for it.

You're right there was a laxness to moderation and she grew more vicious and ambitious and that's part of the problem. Were any of her posts deleted? If not, we share responsibility for what she was getting away with. We didn't do our job and we should share some of the blame and that should be reflected in the disciplinary action we take.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:25 PM

armars is on a distinguished road

it seems from NRJ awards

Old 04-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Against The Current

Throwback Thursday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1393214_10153378131765574_1402911030_n-1.jpg (82.1 KB, 100 views)
Old 05-04-2019, 08:35 AM

This was posted by Alizee Updates....

http://www.instagram.com/p/BxAkelNno...DqXTnc6gROWqwE
Alizee updates2.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-04-2019 at 08:37 AM..
Old 05-04-2019, 06:15 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Nice share! Alizee Updates has a well-chosen selection of photos. I don't think I've ever seen this before.

Tags
alizee, photo, random