Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalorocks View Post
Who knows about the return of Alizee with Laurent B??
I ve read on Alizee-Latino.com
Me like this idea. Quick cash and a world tour (*dreaming*). It would be shocking news for the hardcore Lili junkies.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:56 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default "If it's good, it'll sell" A+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Yeah cause false success helps someone out in the long run . If you like the music sure buy the album by all means, but why show false success when it is obviously not so accepted by most people? This would be specially fatal when it came to figuring out a tour.
HI, JUNG! Hey there!
First let me say, I'm all for buying extra copies if people are planning on passing them on to local or college radio stations, as many have suggested in these pages before. And there are some people, of course, who will want to own every version of the various repackagements that come out (standard, deluxe, collector's, premium, export, etc...) Does all that really send up a message of "false success"?

I agree, overinflated cd sales figures could mislead someone when booking halls or planning tours. But American Lili fans are still few and far between, am I right? For example, the greatest number of new-album discs that me, MYGOGT, Waterski and all other Wisconsinite AAmers combined might possibly buy would be about 20. Maybe 40 if we're going nuts here. I don't think they're going to be much swayed (either way) by how zealous we are. So what's the harm?

Quote:
If people want to listen to it let them buy the album and if they don't then let the artist learn from it. If it's good it'll sell.

Regards,

Jung
Now that's very, extremely true. I would also like to add that if it's marketable, it'll get marketed. If it's sellable, people (or amazon) will sell it and people will buy it. If [new album] turns out to be something particularly sellable and/or marketable here in middle America, that'd be so much the better for our cause, overall now, wouldn't it?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
HI, JUNG! Hey there!
First let me say, I'm all for buying extra copies if people are planning on passing them on to local or college radio stations, as many have suggested in these pages before. And there are some people, of course, who will want to own every version of the various repackagements that come out (standard, deluxe, collector's, premium, export, etc...) Does all that really send up a message of "false success"?
Well that is a little different situation and is fine, however the OP was for boosting sales. Which is a dangerous game to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So what's the harm?
If you're just gonna store them away I suppose it'd be harmful on the pocketbook. Once again however the OP was on boosting sales, and doing it this way is harmful to her in the long run.

Regards,

Jung

Old 04-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah cause false success helps someone out in the long run . If you like the music sure buy the album by all means, but why show false success when it is obviously not so accepted by most people? If people want to listen to it let them buy the album and if they don't then let the artist learn from it. If it's good it'll sell.
I'm sure Alizée has learnt from UEDS which was labelled a flop! I just don't want to see her next album labelled a flop by the media once again due to lack of sales because that would be detrimental in it's self.

Quote:
This would be specially fatal when it came to figuring out a tour.
Yeah what a predicament but if the next album flops due to lack of sales I doubt there will be a single concert let alone a tour.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Yeah what a predicament but if the next album flops due to lack of sales I doubt there will be a single concert let alone a tour.
One of the things I notice is that people don't give others artists a chance. They like there one artist and HATE everyone else.

Alizee is falling into this too...try to promote Alizee to other people yet when someone tries to promote an artist to you, you hate them. They will say ALIZEE is better...Well its not who is a better artist or not. Its about the love of French music.

If people in the music industry keep a closed mind and only like one artist at a time, then Alizee new album will fail again too.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:13 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm sure Alizée has learnt from UEDS which was labelled a flop! I just don't want to see her next album labelled a flop by the media once again due to lack of sales because that would be detrimental in it's self.
Well if it flops it's for a reason and trying to show false success will not do much for a start and even if it does it will become detrimental a year or two from now.

Quote:
Ok so would you rather know there isn't gonna be a show at all, or think there is gonna be one that you plan on going to that ends up getting canceled at the last moment? It's already been seen before.

Regards,

Jung

Old 04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok so would you rather know there isn't gonna be a show at all, or think there is gonna be one that you plan on going to that ends up getting canceled at the last moment? It's already been seen before.
I'd have to go for the first one...cause yeah, the repercussions of the cancelled Rex concert is just...I can't even imagine how hard that must've been for you guys
Old 04-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok so would you rather know there isn't gonna be a show at all, or think there is gonna be one that you plan on going to that ends up getting canceled at the last moment?
Well neither.. maybe france wasn't interested last time round but next time she could do small venues to start off with. To be honest I don't think her fanbase is big enough anymore for anything else.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To be honest I don't think her fanbase is big enough anymore for anything else.
I totally agree wih that(except she could still fill concert halls in Mexico if she went there singing LIB again lol). Her fanbase is definitely too small for big venues at this very moment. But what I'm trying to get at is that if her rumored album eventually releases, then there could quite possibly be a massive spike in the amount of fans due to great promoting, great songs, and great performances. With that massive spike in amount of fans, she would definitely be able to do huge venues(and quite possibly fulfill her dream of performing at he Stade De France). But then again, if the album doesn't sell, then very few small venues if any will be done...
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I don't think she necessarily needs to start doing small venues, I think a good idea would be to open for current popular artists. It might be a bit of an ego hit, but it would get any new music out there to a large audience.

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...