Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What date do you prefer for the Virtual Concert?
Saturday, August 18th 22 55.00%
Tuesday, August 21st 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

ahem. excuse me. too bad i cant go. and i never finished the drawingS. but i'll post them up in the gally instead. whoevers going dont forget to get some pictures for me. i'd like to see what it was like. and CF take care of my asshole brother. im guessing ur his only ride. get each others cell phone numbers. and drink some beers for me.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dawg777 View Post
I don't see why serranwrap couldn't have worked for the window, i mean come on $2300? Thats more than my truck. I would've told the guy to piss off and we'll make due with a nice plastic tarp. Heh heh, ooOOOoohhh right!!
Ah, yes. I'm trying to enjoy living in California while it lasts... we have some strong wind in late autumn, but seriously, blow out a picture window??

By the way, I figure everyone who is a big enough fan to be going probably already has all the fan DVD's he wants, but I just got some writable DVDs. Does anyone who is going want me to burn them a copy of any of following: Merci Alizée Vol 1 (1 disk), Merci Alizée Vol 2 (disk 1, 2, or 3), Une Fée Nomée Alizée? It took me weeks to download those from dano (DC++), etc..

Merci Fanny
Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Ah, yes. I'm trying to enjoy living in California while it lasts... we have some strong wind in late autumn, but seriously, blow out a picture window??

By the way, I figure everyone who is a big enough fan to be going probably already has all the fan DVD's he wants, but I just got some writable DVDs. Does anyone who is going want me to burn them a copy of any of following: Merci Alizée Vol 1 (1 disk), Merci Alizée Vol 2 (disk 1, 2, or 3), Une Fée Nomée Alizée? It took me weeks to download those from dano (DC++), etc..

My house was built in 1836 - my window frame is roughly, ohhh, maybe 90 yrs. old by the looks of the (square) nails and stuff in there - When it was installed - it was never really sealed from the outside - so whenever there was a crack that allowed water in, it sat there - so both lower corners and the base of the window frame basically rotted away - i'm just lucky that it didn't go further than that!

Nurv - i'll meet you next year - its already on my calender for Aug. 21 next year!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Default field trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
The Museum of Flight is quite cool, and very worth a visit. It is not at the Boeing plant (miles away, and not open to the public), but rather is located next to Boeing Field, one of their airports in the area, which is the one used by politicians, sports teams, some celebrities, and by fancy military aircraft the govm't wants to show off. If you like airplanes, The Museum of Flight is definitely a good spot.

If folks are interested in a group field-trip on Monday, or even Tuesday afternoon before the party, I'm sure we could arrange it. I personally though will want to check our out-of-towners' arrival schedules and transportation arrangements first. If people need rides to their hotels and such when they come in, I want to make sure one of us locals is available to provide it! If that's all handled, count me in.
I'll be there Monday afternoon. I'll PM you my itinerary if you're planning something. I'd love to meet people for a field trip. I'm not really into aviation museums and stuff, but if that's what you're doing, I'm cool with that. I will have a rental car; so, I should be able to easily meet people where ever, except for that whole part of finding my way around a strange city. Damn again! I wish I had gotten this together in time to buy maps of the area, not that I know how to get such maps anyway. Maybe I can get maps at a local drug store or something. They need to put those map computers in rental cars.
I was thinking about going up the Space Needle (I know, obligatory stuff - hey I can compare it to the Eiffel Tower when I go to Paris some day), or the harbour cruise tour, or even an aquarium or something. I wanted to check out that music museum/project thing near the Space Needle, but they're closed on Mondays. Grrr. Maybe Wednesday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
There's another thing I forgot to mention above as a must-do if you have time while visiting the Pac. NW. This is going to sound a bit lame, but trust me: take a ferry ride. ...
That reminds me of when I went for a hike on Angel Island in the San Francisco bay. We took a ferry from Tiburon.
It was nice. Looking down and around at all the land and the sea below from the top of the hill was really cool!
Dang Deep, I wish you were going! You could tell us all about the magic it would take to arrange to find oneself in Paris on the day and place Alizée is going to likely have her first return live performance. (just reading that other thread which despite my efforts seems to have become a thread about the mathematics of magic)

Merci Fanny
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll be there Monday afternoon. I'll PM you my itinerary if you're planning something. I'd love to meet people for a field trip. I'm not really into aviation museums and stuff, but if that's what you're doing, I'm cool with that. I will have a rental car; so, I should be able to easily meet people where ever, except for that whole part of finding my way around a strange city. Damn again! I wish I had gotten this together in time to buy maps of the area, not that I know how to get such maps anyway. Maybe I can get maps at a local drug store or something. They need to put those map computers in rental cars.
I was thinking about going up the Space Needle (I know, obligatory stuff - hey I can compare it to the Eiffel Tower when I go to Paris some day), or the harbour cruise tour, or even an aquarium or something. I wanted to check out that music museum/project thing near the Space Needle, but they're closed on Mondays. Grrr. Maybe Wednesday morning.

That reminds me of when I went for a hike on Angel Island in the San Francisco bay. We took a ferry from Tiburon.
It was nice. Looking down and around at all the land and the sea below from the top of the hill was really cool!
Dang Deep, I wish you were going! You could tell us all about the magic it would take to arrange to find oneself in Paris on the day and place Alizée is going to likely have her first return live performance. (just reading that other thread which despite my efforts seems to have become a thread about the mathematics of magic)
If you're a AAA member, just stop by the local office where you are. As many free maps and tour guides of any place in America (or the world!) as you could possibly want.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 AM

Arrr, that's what my mom keeps telling me. I am not a member, though I may have some other issues with my auto insurance company that might make me think twice about them.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Arrr, that's what my mom keeps telling me. I am not a member, though I may have some other issues with my auto insurance company that might make me think twice about them.
AAA does connect you with auto insurance companies (e.g. Travelers) but their service is roadside assistance, not auto insurance per se. Very, very worth the money (as well as discounts to attractions/museums/hotels/etc.)
Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 PM

Thanks fsquared, I guess I didn't quite realize that.

Speaking of cars or anything you can stick stuff to, I got a few stickers that I'll bring in case anyone's interested.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Or I can get you an almanac for the same price... I work for REI, so travel information is on hand if you need it.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dawg777 View Post
Or I can get you an almanac for the same price... I work for REI, so travel information is on hand if you need it.
What is REI?