Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I am not familiar with Eurovision, nor am I from Europe. All I knew is that is how ABBA made thier breakthrough, nothing more. If it has become a laughingstock in Europe, as some have made the indication who may be more familiar, I would think Alizée's mgmt shall advise her accordingly. Personally I wish only the best to Alizée, and I would not enjoy seeing her convinced to do anything to hinder her carreer. So just as I concluded discussion about PBS with this statement, I will also do it here, If Alizée wants to do it, and her management and production people think it would be good I would be all for it, however, if she dont want to do Eurovision, on the other hand, she probably has good reason.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't this bring more publicity to Alizée?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:52 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

I think that even if it wins her temporary publicity, I really hope she doesn't do it. I mean, very few Eurovision acts are remembered and go on to have a lenghty, prosperous career (granted, those that are remembered generally make it big, as in Céline Dion, ABBA and France Gall) BUT I don't think it would be worth the risk. All of those acts are fairly old, and Eurovision has definitely declined in quality since then, becoming very much a joke that is watched for a laugh, rather than to see talent. In short, she's far too good for it.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée has been a music industry professional for ten years now. Usually it's not a good idea for a seasoned professional to enter contests or competitions of any sort that involve their profession, regardless of the benefits. For Alizée, I think it would be a step backward, not forward.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:30 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

We all realise that it's not going to happen.
IF and it's a big IF a Eurovision entry was ever considered you also have to realise that there would be some sort of selection proceedure involved (like there is here in the UK).
Who's to know if she would even be selected to represent France?
It's not as if she could just contact the French selection team and just ask to be nominated?
And it would mean that she would have to sing live in front of an audience...and we know how keen she is on doing that sort of thing.......?????
Old 07-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
And it would mean that she would have to sing live in front of an audience...and we know how keen she is on doing that sort of thing.......?????
I am all for what you pointed out, but she can sing live Just look at the Acoustic TV5 Monde program she performed onin 2008. She actually did quite well. She has the voice she just needs to keep exercising it.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I am all for what you pointed out, but she can sing live Just look at the Acoustic TV5 Monde program she performed onin 2008. She actually did quite well. She has the voice she just needs to keep exercising it.
Yes, this is a very crucial point. A singer needs to exercise the voice every day if possible. I'm not sure Alizée has always been so diligent in that regard since she left Mylène. But you can see that the daily regimen Mylène had her follow for preparation for the MCE (En Concert) tour really helped her to make her voice stronger.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:15 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yes, this is a very crucial point. A singer needs to exercise the voice every day if possible. I'm not sure Alizée has always been so diligent in that regard since she left Mylène. But you can see that the daily regimen Mylène had her follow for preparation for the MCE (En Concert) tour really helped her to make her voice stronger.
I agree. This is probably the most important thing she has to do. She needs to build and maintain depth. No slacking on this one - it is too obvious when she has been remiss.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Most of the artists competing aren't well known (at least not outside their home countries), and the competition is more of a launch platform for new and upcoming artists than anything else. Most of the winners don't last very long either; they release a single and perhaps a full length album and then fade away into obscurity most of the time.
Well, of course it is still up to the artist to sustain it. Just like some of the American idol winners. After they win, they couldn't sustain the momentum - thus, they fade away. But, most were able to have great careers, like Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Katherine Mcphee, and so on. Sometimes, even the runner ups or the ones that didn't even reach the finals have more success, like Christopher Daughtry, Jennifer Kate Hudson, Clay Aiken, etc. But, I'm sure we all can agree that they owe their success in part because of their EXPOSURE to millions of people who watch the American Idol.

That's the reason why I think it will be a win-win situation for Alizee. She doesn't have to win to be successful. We all know she has the talent. All she needs is a platform to showcase that talent. And what bigger platform there is than the MOST WATCHED TV SHOW in Europe?

For those who think Eurovision is a joke, only the people from countries who thought their artist won or should have won the award, think so. It's nothing more like sour-graping. The fact above still remains. More than one hundred million people around the world who watch it every year can't be wrong.

For those who think Alizee might have to compete locally. No, she does not have to. I read in an article that it was offered to her before. Other countries have done that in the past. They asked established artist to represent them. Germany just chose Lena, this year's winner, to represent them again next year. It is SONG competition. The French will have to choose the song, but not necessarily the artist.

Last edited by Jake04; 07-24-2010 at 03:59 PM..
Old 07-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I agree. This is probably the most important thing she has to do. She needs to build and maintain depth. No slacking on this one - it is too obvious when she has been remiss.
We could see her slacking off a bit when she did the UEDS Showcase a couple months ago, she was off pitch quite a bit. We know she can do it, we just need her to...