Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

That doesn't surprise me, actually. Prince is rumored to have a similar "vault" of unreleased material--songs, videos, the works--to allow for "new" material to be released well after his death.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

my friend called me at work to tell me this.. i have to say, the first thought that went through my head was ZOMG, howd i react if it was Alizee?!

(i guess im a pessimist. )

Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

I was totally shocked by his news and am now really sad. I don't think we will ever see an artist of his caliber in a thousand years. Although I have wavered on listening to his music over the past couple of years I would still listen to it from time to time but I remember being a huge fan of him when I was a kid, mostly in the 90's. I think he was a transcendent figure, the first African American to cross the color line in a major way, both whites and black were blown away by his music. Before there was a Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods and President Obama there was Michael Jackson. What President Obama did in the political world Michael did in the music world. The guy was incredibly talented, from his music, to his stage craft, to his dance moves, to his music videos, it was incredibly creative and original. He was a genius.

If you look at his stage craft below, he was miles ahead of the competition at the time. All the modern artists today like Usher, Justin Timberlake copied his style and dance moves and they even said they were inspired by him. I consider him the best dancer and musical performer of all time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cC1TTz2bMmM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cC1TTz2bMmM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you look at his Black and White video:

The creativity is immense compare that to the garbage videos we have today where it's same old recycled crap of girls, cars and booze with no creativity what so ever. He managed to merge all the cultures, countries and the different faces of humans all in one video.

One of my favorite video/songs from the Dangerous album:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjvoVpOrlbM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjvoVpOrlbM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^ The cinematography still holds up today. The beat is great and is such a cool song and video.

All I can say is R.I.P. You will always be the King of Pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Michael Jackson is one of my favorite artists of all time. Last night I was listening to a CD of his, now he's gone.
This is so strange. I was watching his videos on Youtube a mere 12 hours or so before he died. Life is so strange sometime, you know or see a person that is alive only hours ago and the next thing you know they are dead. I talked to some people and they were saying they were listening to songs written by him just around the time he died. So strange that some people would be listening to his music or watching his videos right around the time of his death. Normally I wouldn't be watching his videos it's just that somehow I was watching music videos from the 90's and I ended up gravitating to his videos. Such concidience or maybe not. I was looking forward to seeing videos of his concert that he was going to in London next month. It's sad that the World did not get to see this talent one last time. I would be interested in how he uses modern technology in his stage craft. The guy is so creative.

Last edited by Ali; 06-27-2009 at 04:00 AM..
Old 06-27-2009, 02:21 PM

banshee is on a distinguished road

Normally I don't feel upset about a celebrity dieing but this is an exception. I feel as if I have lost a long time close friend. I knew Michael Jackson as far as my memory will allow to go back into my childhood. Shocked that he is gone. I think his personal life started to go down around 1993 when those charges surfaced about him and later in 2003. I think he has been leading a lonely life for the past 16 years. Yeah, it may sound surprising for a man with all those fans, you would think he would never be lonely but I think there was a great deal of sadness in his life. I think creating exuberant things like Neverland was an attempt by him to get back his childhood that was not normal. The people around him didn't seem like to have the best interest of him and only wanted to leech off his money, someone should have told him you can't lead this lifestyle where you will be $400 million dollars in debt when you die or take all sorts of meds to deal with whatever problems in your life. He could easily been the richest musician in history, after all his Thriller album is still the biggest selling album in history. I think it all got out of control and eventually his body gave out.

Michael Jackson was a great ambassador for our country. He propelled American Music to the forefront of the World and made it to what it is today. All American artists should be grateful to him for opening up the world to American music. He will sorely be missed maybe now he will be in peace that he didn't have for the past 16 years.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I must admit that i never liked any of his music and his appearance and the lifestyle he led was a bit 'freakish' to say the least.
However, i do recognise that he had millions of fans world wide and any death, be it a celebrity or otherwise is to be regreted.
I always felt a lot of pity for him. He was clearly a man with a lot of problems.
Whats irritating now is the press reaction. A few months ago he was a child molesting lunatic. Now he's almost a Saint. All the negative points about his life will be forgotten about (and maybe that's a good thing?).
Someone once said - 'Everyone loves you when you're dead'. That will certainly be true about MJ.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:27 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I was a rather big fan when I was younger. To bad his life and career went down the drain but his music, the myth and legend will always live on.

<3
Old 06-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Another case of a celebrity overmedication death to mask the pain in their life. I feel bad for his kids that were already mentally messed up being paraded with masks anywhere that Michael Jackson went with them.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

What he managed to do with the black-music/white-music thing and the sacrifice he did to accomplish that will always be remembered in the books of heroes.

When I hear of all the mess in his life I just think of this.
RIP bro
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjW1iq4IO2k&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjW1iq4IO2k&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

His influences extend far...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XBd4QXrEPHA&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999& hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XBd4QXrEPHA&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999& hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-29-2009, 06:20 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
His influences extend far...
I agree ~ posted 6 days before his death in another thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehochipe View Post
Losing my time in youtube, I found this video, I don't know how explain it, is an example of how our cultures have been mixed, Is very strange to hear "beat it"

what do you think?, what's your opinion about that, ?,

well this is the video

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/faArbI4Fkj4&hl=es&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

this is an example of how the mexican folklore can be mixed with the pop culture don't you think?

MDR!

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com