Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL T View Post
Looking at your avatar makes me assume you're Buddhist perhaps?

Humm, I've argued over this many times, this would be the first that included Alizée, oh how how I love her... It is only natural I would post on this forum when a thread like this was made because I fear she is being manipulated or people have tried to manipulate her and she has basically stuck her finger up at it.

Sony are not a very nice company no matter how your brain tries to tell you they are....
I don't think she was being manipulated in any way. She agreed to everything MF had her do and I don't think she'd do anything she felt uncomfortable with.

Some things people are finding symbolism in are just ridiculous, like on the cover of Mademoiselle Juliette.. the "dog for dehumanization" and the "pentagram-like ring". Sometimes it is what it is and I think that's the case here; considering her personality I doubt Alizee would try to incorporate any kind of satanist/freemason symbolism in her work.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-09-2010, 08:04 PM
LiL T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Yes because your personal opinion about music is the be all, end all of musical authority, right? We should only be allowed to listen to what YOU like, right? Little T. What does the T stand for? Tasteless? Because it certainly doesn't seem to stand for "tolerant" in your case.
The T stands for terror.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Yes because your personal opinion about music is the be all, end all of musical authority, right? We should only be allowed to listen to what YOU like, right? Little T. What does the T stand for? Tasteless? Because it certainly doesn't seem to stand for "tolerant" in your case.
Yeah. You're acting as if just because a few people are seeing weird symbolism in music videos by a french pop star, that means it's absolutely real. I think some crazy person saw these things and started telling people about it and they started seeing things that weren't there, too.. it's called the power of suggestion and it'll make people believe the strangest things

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Banned

Sting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Yeah. You're acting as if just because a few people are seeing weird symbolism in music videos by a french pop star, that means it's absolutely real. I think some crazy person saw these things and started telling people about it and they started seeing things that weren't there, too.. it's called the power of suggestion and it'll make people believe the strangest things
Agree completely.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

You two can use Private messages or Visitor messages to argue with each other instead. I'm sure everyone else would appreciate that!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I doubt Alizee would try to incorporate any kind of satanist/freemason symbolism in her work.
Satanist, no. Other mystical or occult/magical symbolism, yes. There's quite a lot of it in the lyrics to Psychédélices, in her tattoos, in the MJ video and (more subtly) in the Les Collines video.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-09-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Satanist, no. Other mystical or occult/magical symbolism, yes. There's quite a lot of it in the lyrics to Psychédélices, in her tattoos, in the MJ video and (more subtly) in the Les Collines video.
Ooooh. I don't really understand a lot of that occult stuff so I guess I can't say anything more, but okay.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

silly rabbit... trix are for kids!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Old 10-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Not sure about Mylène or Alizée, but I think that article must have included a carefully-disguised Satanic spell intended to attract disruptive jerks to any site that linked it.

Seriously, can we avoid the GRATUITOUS and PERSONAL insults and venom, please? Arguments about thread-relevant topics are fine; insinuations about another poster's personal technology possessions definitely don't belong.

My take on the article by the way is that the author bridges a great many knowledge gaps without any logical justification; the suggestion that Mylène Farmer ever was LB's puppet is plain silly. That's especially true in light of the fact that Mylène writes all her own lyrics. Alizée does not see herself as having been exploited or victimized by MF & LB and has simply gone off in a different direction having grown up. I can't really say about his other examples such as France Gall.

I understand that it's cool to find an article about Alizée published in the U.S. but this is, well, a piece of junk.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Thread is closed. Take your arguing to PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
alizee, controll, mind, mylene, symbolism