is best reserved for
short poems or song lyrics,
but whatever floats your boat, Jim
Old 12-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepon66 View Post
There are times that I feel shame for being a Mexican, and this is one of them....
The first time I saw this video I only watched it a few seconds, cause I couldn´t stand keep watching it, I really can´t understand why people that are suppose to be fans react this way, that´s crazy.... Months later, I took a deep breath and watched it completely, everything was a mess from the beginning, it was told that there were gonna be given only 500 autographs and arrived between 3000 and 4000 people, the video says only 1,300 but there were more than that... Imagine this people trying to get into a small music store to see Alizée, many of them had been waiting outside the mall one or two days, the security staff couldn´t control the crowd and opted to cancel this event for Alizée´s security... This video is a whole sh.... But there is a good thing, the hero guy that took a poster from the riot people and defended from burning... That was epic, I wish all the fans were like that guy... And if you see this video, you'll notice that only a few idiot/stupid people were burning pictures, most of all teenagers.... Here's only the link, I dont wanna see it anymore...
Wow. Never saw that before. Those are what you call idiots, or they were sadly misinformed. However, people who are passionate in a positive way usually are passionate in negative ways also. Just the way it is.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I have tried to find a video of them burning the pictures () but all I could find was this....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sz_GLZiDSRw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sz_GLZiDSRw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Some guys rip up pictures at the end of the video....

And ALS, I heard that it was 8,000, not 4,000 people....but oh well, there were still a lot!

Such a sad day
Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepon66 View Post
There are times that I feel shame for being a Mexican, and this is one of them....
The first time I saw this video I only watched it a few seconds, cause I couldn´t stand keep watching it, I really can´t understand why people that are suppose to be fans react this way, that´s crazy.... Months later, I took a deep breath and watched it completely, everything was a mess from the beginning, it was told that there were gonna be given only 500 autographs and arrived between 3000 and 4000 people, the video says only 1,300 but there were more than that... Imagine this people trying to get into a small music store to see Alizée, many of them had been waiting outside the mall one or two days, the security staff couldn´t control the crowd and opted to cancel this event for Alizée´s security... This video is a whole sh.... But there is a good thing, the hero guy that took a poster from the riot people and defended from burning... That was epic, I wish all the fans were like that guy... And if you see this video, you'll notice that only a few idiot/stupid people were burning pictures, most of all teenagers.... Here's only the link, I dont wanna see it anymore...
Huh. I actually don't have much to say about it. Though I can understand the frustration, their reaction isn't what I expected. I mean, if us American fans reacted the same to disappointment, we should all be dead by now!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:29 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I really doubt that the crowd got the full explanation as to why autograph session was cancelled. I think they thought Alizee just didn't show up. In a disappointed crowd that large it doesn't take much of a spark to get a few acting out. Alizee was an overnight phenomenon in Mexico also which leads me to believe they lacked the natural loyalty that increases with time.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Merci Alizée

This has been partly mentioned in the Wkipedia article about Alizée.

Quote:
In March 2008 Alizée visited Mexico for the first time in a short promotional tour. On 5 March she was supposed to hold the second-ever public autograph session of her career but it was cancelled due to problems with the store's security. Alizée held an improvised press conference to apologise to all her Mexican fans and to explain that it was not her fault.<sup id="cite_ref-38" class="reference">[39]</sup> Sony BMG Mexico also released a statement saying it was not Alizée's fault, that it was the store who had problems with the security, and that they did not expect so many people in attendance; fences had been broken and kids were in danger. Alizée also promised to make amends by having another autograph session when she returned to the country on the following tour.<sup id="cite_ref-39" class="reference">[40]</sup> She also stated that her tour would start on 18 May in Moscow, followed by concerts in Mexico and then France.<sup id="cite_ref-40" class="reference">[41]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-41" class="reference">[42]</sup> She also commented that piracy in music has two sides "one good" and "one bad" saying that sometimes it's good because her music reaches places that she never thought to reach.<sup id="cite_ref-42" class="reference">[43]</sup> After the success of Alizée's tour in Mexico and in an attempt to amend the damage caused during her first promotional visit, Alizée announced an autograph session with fans on 26 June 2008 in Mexico City, over 300 CDs were signed and the record label executives of Sony BMG Mexico presented a Gold certification for shipments over 50,000 copies of Psychédélices - Mexican Tour Edition.<sup id="cite_ref-43" class="reference">[44]</sup> A new cover singing in Mexico was Madonna's cover, "La Isla Bonita"; it has gone on to become Alizée's first top ten on the airplay chart.<sup id="cite_ref-44" class="reference">[45]</sup>
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I really doubt that the crowd got the full explanation as to why autograph session was cancelled. I think they thought Alizee just didn't show up. In a disappointed crowd that large it doesn't take much of a spark to get a few acting out. Alizee was an overnight phenomenon in Mexico also which leads me to believe they lacked the natural loyalty that increases with time.
What do you mean by overnight phenomenon here?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Shes everything there.... she is way more than an overnight phenomenon

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Overnight phenomenon as in someone who just got really popular really fast. So basically that Alizée got really popular over there in a short span of time, so rather than having long time loyal fans, there were a lot who just joined the bandwagon for the short run.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Overnight phenomenon as in someone who just got really popular really fast. So basically that Alizée got really popular over there in a short span of time, so rather than having long time loyal fans, there were a lot who just joined the bandwagon for the short run.
Sad to say, but that quote could be applied to the majority of Alizee fans, including her French ones. The "Mylene" Alizee, hit like a bomb for most people, but faded just as fast. The recent lack of record sales and low interest is proof of that. I know Alizee was proud of her Mexico success because "they like me for me"... but that wasn't the reality. They liked her for the pirated, sexy videos of JEAM and Isle La Bonita. And yes, fans like that are pretty shallow. You will notice a lot of that type have joined and left this site over time, if you go through old threads... which you do, head Necromancer Wasabi.

I'm not a fan who pines for a reunion of Alizee and Mylene. I enjoyed their work, but I feel Alizee's current & future endeavors will take time to be appreciated. Us REAL fans will still be there, welcoming more new fans who appreciate her long term work and will also be there for the long run. These type of fans don't burn stuff.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Sad to say, but that quote could be applied to the majority of Alizee fans, including her French ones. The "Mylene" Alizee, hit like a bomb for most people, but faded just as fast. The recent lack of record sales and low interest is proof of that. I know Alizee was proud of her Mexico success because "they like me for me"... but that wasn't the reality. They liked her for the pirated, sexy videos of JEAM and Isle La Bonita. And yes, fans like that are pretty shallow. You will notice a lot of that type have joined and left this site over time, if you go through old threads... which you do, head Necromancer Wasabi.

I'm not a fan who pines for a reunion of Alizee and Mylene. I enjoyed their work, but I feel Alizee's current & future endeavors will take time to be appreciated. Us REAL fans will still be there, welcoming more new fans who appreciate her long term work and will also be there for the long run. These type of fans don't burn stuff.
Even amongst us "real" fans, there is a very distinct split.

Those of us who continue to hang on to her because we were caught on earlier, and are here to stay, and those of us who actually like her new direction musically. As you might have noticed, this distinction has caused some tension, to say at the least.