Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

So instead of trying to kill each other, lets all just discuss how ridiculous it is that a kid that's barely been around is getting his own biopic, when others that really deserve it. But really, WHY IS HE GETTING THIS?! I don't even know a single song of his. I heard the first 30 seconds of his song on the radio, but I switched it off before I even knew it was him.

I feel things like biopics should be reserved for people who have worked hard to get where they are. The only one that I've seen and really felt it was deserved was Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Not only was Bruce Lee famous in that he was the first to introduce Asian martial arts films, but he worked so hard with passion and dedicated his life to it.

Justin Baby?(No, not a spelling error!) What the heck did he do? He's what, 15? 16? Been in the public eye for how long? Doesn't deserve it.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

I feel things like biopics should be reserved for people who have worked hard to get where they are. The only one that I've seen and really felt it was deserved was Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Not only was Bruce Lee famous in that he was the first to introduce Asian martial arts films, but he worked so hard with passion and dedicated his life to it.

Justin Baby?(No, not a spelling error!) What the heck did he do? He's what, 15? 16? Been in the public eye for how long? Doesn't deserve it.
100% agree with you on the Bruce Lee thing. He did more than just introduce Asian martial arts films, and some of the things he was able to do still make me go "wow." Ever notice how with all these newer guys like Jackie Chan and Jet Li, the cameras are SPED UP in order to make their actions seem faster? Well back in Bruce Lee's time, they needed to SLOW DOWN the camera speed in order to be able to capture what he was doing. It's still amazing to me some of the things he could do. Pushing his finger through a soda can. (Remember, this was back when soda cans were made of STEEL). One finger pushups, being able to execute a punch from a few inches away and still send the guy flying. Jesus Christ.

Pretty awesome that he married a cute little white girl. That must have pissed a lot of racist idiots off. Brandon was awesome too.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
So instead of trying to kill each other, lets all just discuss how ridiculous it is that a kid that's barely been around is getting his own biopic, when others that really deserve it. But really, WHY IS HE GETTING THIS?! I don't even know a single song of his. I heard the first 30 seconds of his song on the radio, but I switched it off before I even knew it was him.

I agree with you 200%, and the only reason I can come up with is for money.

Right now because of his looks and his overly-edited "uh-mazing voice" there's a lot of demand for anything that has to do with JB from teenage girls all the word wide (in terms of popularity think Twilight, double that and you're just about there). So if you put two and two together the conclusion is for a good profit. That makes it even worse!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

I've tried not to complain about Justin Bieber but now I'm annoyed. Ok first this kid CAN NOT sing it's all editing and even more editing now that he's finally hit puberty. Secondly this kid is a passing fad just like the Jonas Brothers. (Who remembers them?) Why does he get a movie made of him there are way more deserving musicians. I'd love to see one about The Sex Pistols or on Kurt Cobain or any artist that had a major influence on the music industry.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gate Keeper View Post
I've tried not to complain about Justin Bieber but now I'm annoyed. Ok first this kid CAN NOT sing it's all editing and even more editing now that he's finally hit puberty. Secondly this kid is a passing fad just like the Jonas Brothers. (Who remembers them?) Why does he get a movie made of him there are way more deserving musicians. I'd love to see one about The Sex Pistols or on Kurt Cobain or any artist that had a major influence on the music industry.
There's actually a movie about Kurt Cobain coming up! Here's an article: http://www.filmsy.com/news/ewan-mcgr...nirvana-movie/

Personally I think Johnny Depp would make a great Kurt Cobain. Ooh, or Charlie from Lost:

I've always adamently held that Bob Marley should get a biopic. I'd so see that.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
There's actually a movie about Kurt Cobain coming up! Here's an article: http://www.filmsy.com/news/ewan-mcgr...nirvana-movie/

Personally I think Johnny Depp would make a great Kurt Cobain. Ooh, or Charlie from Lost:

I've always adamently held that Bob Marley should get a biopic. I'd so see that.
There was if I remember right a Bob Marley biopic in the works a few years ago Jamie Foxx was slated to play him. But I guess the project got canned.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Johnny Depp is an amazing actor and sexy as hell, but I don't see him as being able to play Kurt Cobain. His type of skin + facial features + BLONDE hair?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Johnny Depp is an amazing actor and sexy as hell, but I don't see him as being able to play Kurt Cobain. His type of skin + facial features + BLONDE hair?
Really? Hmm, I always thought he looked like him, but maybe it's just me. ;P

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gate Keeper View Post
There was if I remember right a Bob Marley biopic in the works a few years ago Jamie Foxx was slated to play him. But I guess the project got canned.
Aww, that's a darned shame. I could definitely see Jamie Foxx as Bob Marley!

Last edited by Azhiri; 08-05-2010 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Johnny Depp is way too old to play Kurt Cobain. He's 20 years older than Kurt was when he died.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
BieJustber* doesn't know what German is.
I'm sure he knows, otherwise...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DkKqihEUmH4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DkKqihEUmH4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

*from a recent frame game.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...at_arrival.jpg

Last edited by Tchaikovsky; 08-07-2010 at 11:19 PM..

Tags
justin bieber