Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
ton club prefere?

L'OM.
the edit makes me feel like she had a choice between two teams and chose L'OM but maybe AC A wasent a choice? idk

Last edited by paintballpdh19; 02-06-2010 at 01:03 AM..
Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Help build L'Encyclopédie Alizée!

L'Encyclopédie Alizée "exists to explain how EVERYTHING in the world is somehow related to" Alizée Jacotey. Perhaps there are now enough posts above that the following belongs here.

This post proposes a method by which one can generate articles for this reference work. The strategy is to create a weekly game show called The N Degrees of Alizée. It works a lot like the well-known game The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon - but with a twist.

You start by picking a seed word at random out of the dictionary. Then you have to find a way to connect it with Alizée. It can involve entertainers having worked together, like the Kevin Bacon game, but NEED NOT. That's why it is a lot EASIER to play than the Kevin Bacon game.

Here's a simple example. Say you pick the seed word "grey." How can you connect that word with Alizée?

Here's one way. Elephants are grey. Alizée sang the word "l'éléphant" in Parler Tout Bas. Et voila!

Another way would be as follows. Grey is the surname of actress Jennifer Grey. Her given name is basically the same as "Jenifer." And of course Jenifer Bartoli and Alizée once did a duo together of the song For Me, Formidable.

To competitively evaluate various pathways, one introduces the concept of the "Alizée Number." It is the number of steps away from Alizée a given concept lies. (Alizée herself has an Alizée Number of zero.) Let's compute the Alizée Numbers for these two paths from "grey" to "Alizée."

In the first case we have:
grey -> elephant -> Alizée.
The Alizée Number of this path is 2.

But in the second case we have:
grey -> Jennifer Grey -> Jenifer Bartoli -> Alizée
The Alizée Number of this path is 3. Someone offering this path would lose in a contest with someone offering the first path. (Aside: If the author of this path had known more about Alizée, they might have known that Jennifer Grey starred as a teenager in the film Dirty Dancing <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=93836&postcount=69">which is among Alizée's favorites</a>, thus generating a path which ties the Alizée Number of 2, viz.
grey -> Jennifer Grey -> Alizée.)

Here is the detailed way the game show works. Each week a host invites at least three Alizée experts to compete. In each round of play, this host would pick a seed word for which the contestants have to devise a path to Alizée. To give them enough time to think, they would get to work while an entire Alizée song is played. By the end of the song, they have to deliver a written document in which they have diagrammed their path from the seed word to Alizée, and then in turn explain the logic of each respective path. The contestant who devises a credible path with the smallest Alizée Number wins the round.

The host has the arbitrary power to disqualify paths for lacking credibility. (e.g. From tree to Alizee: You find a tree on earth, and Alizée lives on earth.) In the event of a tie in Alizée Numbers, the audience would select a winner using applause volume, like on Graines de Star. It would not be hard to arrange things to run these contests online in the AA chatroom, e.g. implement the written documents as e-mails sent to the host, and replace tie-breaking applause with chatroom voting.

The contestant winning the most rounds during the game is declared the "Alizée Studies Laureat" for the week. And the collection of winning paths are then used to draft articles for L'Encyclopédie Alizée!

Eventually, there would be so many articles, that every time you create a Web page or a forum entry in some non-Alizée venue online, you could also hyperlink at least one word in your writing to an article in L'Encyclopédie Alizée!!! (The bottom of each article contains a link to the best place from which someone can start to buy her latest product.)

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-13-2010 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: cite "Dirty Dancing" quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

grey -> dolphins are grey -> Alizée

Last edited by Rev; 02-06-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Old 02-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
grey -> dolphins are grey -> Alizée
Thank you for the cooperative spirit! I'll be sure to put in a good word for you with the host of The N Degrees of Alizée, if I have any influence.

But I did a quick check at Dolphins-World, which writes this:
<blockquote><i>
The best known dolphin, the bottlenose dolphin is gray with a lighter belly.
However there are dolphins for all tastes of colors.
The common dolphin is a combinations of dark gray with white.
The commerson dolphin is black and white like the killer whale which is the largest dolphin and also it is black and white.
There is even a pink dolphin, which is the one who lives in the Amazon river.
</i></blockquote>
Lilly's favorite color is pink. Don't you think that would be her favorite dolphin color, too?

P.S. Does everyone remember Dr. Lilly's work communicating with dolphins? Do you think that helped our Lilly talk to goldfish?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Thank you for the cooperative spirit! I'll be sure to put in a good word for you with the host of The N Degrees of Alizée, if I have any influence.

The commerson dolphin is black and white like the killer whale which is the largest dolphin and also it is black and white.

Lilly's favorite color is pink. Don't you think that would be her favorite dolphin color, too?

P.S. Does everyone remember Dr. Lilly's work communicating with dolphins? Do you think that helped our Lilly talk to goldfish?

Whoaw, all those references made my thinker box hurt :C

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
the edit makes me feel like she had a choice between two teams and chose L'OM but maybe AC A wasent a choice? idk
I believe the fact that she was being interviewed by Franck Ribery may have directly influenced her answer.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
I believe the fact that she was being interviewed by Franck Ribery may have directly influenced her answer.
I had a feeling that dude had something to do with it lol
I liked that little part of the song she sang, and I actually understood what she was saying, without looking at the lyrics
Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
maybe just a little, I stil think its AC Ajaccio
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post

True. She does like pink.

However, she didn't swim with a pink dolphin.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the answer to this one? Does Alizée?

Which of Her own songs is Her favorite?