Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Bienvenue, Yaceman, and welcome aboard the Tram to Lilly-Town.

To your left, you will see myriad fellow Alizée addicts, as they attempt to go about their daily life without being too distracted by the incredibleness of our chosen princess. To the right, those of us who've given up trying to have a normal life ever again.

:-D :-D :-D
Old 01-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

I feel ya man
Old 01-25-2008, 08:17 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
Yea i knew about that the Island was the same as Bonapart, I also read up about the flag, and how the island has Italian influence. I think its really neet to learn so much about one place, and all the places on this planet that are left.
I don't want to spoil all the excitment on finding stuff out, as there are many wonderful things you will find out about the songs Alizée sings. Mylène Farmer wrote most of the lyrics and Laurent Bottonnat composed them. Throughout many of the songs Mylène plays on Alizèe's birthplace and name (the wind) in the lyrics and Laurent plays on them in instrumentation. Add to that Mylène loads 'em up with double entendre, and you have a very rich and deep artistry. I guess the best way to say it is Alizée isn't just singing the songs, in many cases she "is" the song.

[e.g., from J'ai Pas Vent Ans we have "Mélodie du vent", translated Melody of the wind, and since Alizée is the "wind", we have Melody of Alizée..the wind singing about the wind.].

J.B.G. has several Corsican references.
Tempete is about Napoleon.

I could go on, but half the fun is discovering these yourself. Enjoy the beauty. Enjoy the voice. And then enjoy the depth that extends beyond.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:23 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Yaceman,
Before I discovered Alizée, by way of a friend in Europe, who wrote to me telling me to check her out, I had no interest in European artists. Since then, I have read all I can find on France, Alizée of course, and French singers. I now listen to French radio via computer exclusively and have hopes of at least visiting France, if not other western European countries when time and money permit.

Alizée is the one totally responsible for this and I have not been this excited about anyone since the British Invasion of the 1960's.

It keeps getting better for me, and others here, and I hope for you as well.
Stephen
Old 01-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
Welcome Yaceman,

((snippage))

Alizée is the one totally responsible for this and I have not been this excited about anyone since the British Invasion of the 1960's.

It keeps getting better for me, and others here, and I hope for you as well.
Stephen

LOL - DUDE! That made me smile! I had no idea you were one of us "elders"

JK!

Ed

P.S. - did you get the linky i sent you Yaceman?

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 01-27-2008, 04:40 AM

Reuben is on a distinguished road

man ur lucky u got her at a good time i had to wait like 2 years till her new cd came out i almost gave up fate
Old 01-27-2008, 05:40 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
man ur lucky u got her at a good time i had to wait like 2 years till her new cd came out i almost gave up fate
I think its sad that i caught her so late, i never got to experiance her early days. I mean probably the reason i learned about her last month is because of publicity of her new album, but for that i am greatful. But yea, its very interesting listening to her different albums and how much shes grown in them. Her voice is very similar but she has a different additude in Psychedelices that i dont notice as much in Gourmandises.

High five to the Lily club!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:01 PM

Oscar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Until last month I didnt know Alizee existed, ...
When i saw Alizee for the first time on Youtube (by accident) ...
I stayed up the first night for about 4 hours just watching video clips of her. ...
Then it turned into me Downloading all her albums, ...
then listening to all of her songs nonstop for about 2 weeks. ...
At first it was her looks that i fell in love with, but something about her voice got to me. ...
By now ive learned the lyrics a little and picked up on some French words. ...
Someday i Hope to explore France, ...
Yup, same sequence for me as well. Been there, done that.

It's fascinating though, isn't it? It was her looks that made me watch the video on YouTube (I love her French beauty...she just has that look that kills you on the spot, especially when she looks into the camera), then I discovered she can actually sing and perform too, then I bought the CDs, started picking up some French and now I actually want to learn the language and visit France. And it was all accidental, really.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:07 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road
Default My first post was similar...

Quote:
When i saw Alizee for the first time on Youtube (by accident) there was a multistep process that happened to me. For the first few days it was shocking, this understatedly beautiful girl performing amazing songs and in a different language...French??? I didnt care, i had to watch. I stayed up the first night for about 4 hours just watching video clips of her.

I took her everywhere with me; it still puzzles me how someone that you dont know and cant understand can captivate a person so much.
My first post here was similar. I felt the same way, though I was quite a bit more reserved in communicating it.

More than a handful of people here, like me, suffer from serious anxiety which Alizée's music alleviates. I also discovered Alizée Youtube/Google Video. After the initial curiosity, Alizée's off the charts charisma, entrancing French voice, and soothing music kept me coming back. It was all an incredibly novel experience at the time. I too was 'puzzled'. At the time I spent 90% of my time in my room, recovering, broken and lifeless. For a time Alizée's music was the only thing that made me feel anything. I found this wonderful but confusing. Now, well, I'm not complaining.

Hylas1896