Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Wink Alizee...More Than Meets The Eye

I think there's enough evidence of people's opinions on all the fan websites that Alizee knows better than to "sleaze to please."

Also, I've seen a lot of hot female artists, but none of which have me signing into websites like a teenager all over again.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
She has powers
That she does. Even more fun is that I'm not quite sure she understands them...which sort of makes them that much more fun...and powerful.

As for Alizée's singing compared to other singers: While she may not sing as well as others, she sings the most beautifully of them all. Another Alizée dichotomy. She is the best because she's not, yet there is none better
Old 04-23-2008, 03:01 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
That she does. Even more fun is that I'm not quite sure she understands them...which sort of makes them that much more fun...and powerful.

As for Alizée's singing compared to other singers: While she may not sing as well as others, she sings the most beautifully of them all. Another Alizée dichotomy. She is the best because she's not, yet there is none better
that's funny (but i find it to be ture)

Old 04-23-2008, 07:27 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
To be fair, what was the point of the J'en ai marre dance, if not to attract an audience?

How is Mariah a sleaze?

If you were a native French speaker and heard an excerpt of one of Alizée's songs, in which she sang about "chocolate milk, macadamia cookies," what would you think?

Alizée was given the dance and song by her producers at a time that she really had no say in what she performed.
Mariah makes her own choices.

The way she carries herself off in public that I have seen videos or pictures of in the news, and in her videos.

I am probably wrong and a bit old fashion, but I prefer the more innocent songs that were sung before, then what I am hearing on the radio today.
I prefer Alizée's way of presenting material in a classy, upscale way.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I totally agree! Beautifully stated!
In the time of Fred Astaire, although he was not the best singer, it was the way that he presented a song that had all the best song writers clamouring for him to sing one of their songs in his movies!
The presentation of the song was pure and true to the way the songwriter had intended it to be sung.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianGian View Post
Yeah, really, my comment was off topic, but I can't imagine other reason for the J'en ai marre dance and outfit but to sell herself mostly to a horny male audience.
While Alizée has certainly endorsed the concept of "sexy" as a sales tool, I'd have to say that the occasionally suggestive "sleaziness" of much of the music and many videos in her early career came directly from Mylene Farmer. Frankly, if you want to talk about unwashed trampage, Mylene's the queen.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 AM

I believe that Alizée's earlier videos were not trampage, but simply sexy, yet innocent, as she still had a clean, wholesome, young look about her.
Yes, Mylene was responsible for that look, but as Alizée went into her third album, her style has matured into a classy look that shows that she is sexy, without being too suggestive.

Compare that with some of the other pop stars with that Hollywood image that has progressed into a more trashy look, sometimes "heroin chic", and far more suggestive. As these singers have matured, they have relied more on the sleaze factor to help sell their albums. Brittny Spears is probably the most visable of these.

I don't understand why the French media uses comparisons such as Spears to say that for example, Lorie is the "French Brittny Spears". While it may be that a resemblance does exist in their two styles of performance or songs, I personally feel that it lowers the French artists to make comparisons to american singers who are so embarrassing in their actions, such as Spears has been.

Alizée doesn't appear to feel that using more suggestive costumes and living such a lifestyle will do her any good, at least at this point in her career.

We certainly do not know if this will continue in the future, but with the taste and style Alizée has shown so far, I can only imagine that if she does choose in the future to do something more provocative, that it wil be done with the same class and tasteful style that she is showing and has been showing so far in her career.

Certainly some of my comparisons may not be spot on, I freely admit, but I have been totally turned off by american pop female singers, and the hype and bullshit that the media spew about them to get the public hyped about these singers. The thing that really gets me is that some of these singers open their mouths and sound ignorant or classless. If they are trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, they sure are succeeding in doing it.

I'll take the French pop singers any day, irregardless of whether some feel they are better or not, and Alizée is still the very best any where, any time, any way, and any how.
For me, no one does it better then Alizée.

Last edited by C-4; 04-23-2008 at 10:09 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 10:59 AM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

I agree that she was not directly responsible for her "early days" look and appeal, but she did it anyway. And you have to admit it, a big part of her sucess is because of her look and provocative clothes and dances.
Look at her now, she is not doing so well, from a commercial point of view...maybe next time, she will have to show us a bit more skin, nothing wrong about that.
Or, if she really wants to be recognized solely for her music, there is a long long way to go. Both musically and commercially.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
While Alizée has certainly endorsed the concept of "sexy" as a sales tool, I'd have to say that the occasionally suggestive "sleaziness" of much of the music and many videos in her early career came directly from Mylene Farmer. Frankly, if you want to talk about unwashed trampage, Mylene's the queen.
Don't confuse sleeze with sexy. Although Mylene is more provocative in dress, it is part of her artistic expression and not simply gratuitious. Mylene is a very attractive woman, but I find her greatest sex appeal is the depth of immersion into her songs. She doesn't just sing the songs, she becomes them. I will grant you that some of those songs are highly disrespectful of certain institutions, and she may use the concept of 'trampage' to deliver the message. But that's a far cry from just trampage for trampage sake.

Keep in mind the songs she developed for Alizée were for a different genre. Mylene recognized she (Mylene) could not present the songs. But I think we all agree that Mylene found the perfect person to express them, and also provided (or brought out from) Alizée that same immersion-in-song Mylene is so good at. Alizée doesn't just sing those songs, she becomes them.....just like Mylene.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 PM

Deramo is on a distinguished road

I still kinda like Mariah...I've been a fan since the beginning...but she is beginning to fade with me a bit. I listen to alot of european music. When I first listened to Italian music I didn't understand any of it. But know I'm fluent in Italian and nearly understand every word. It took me a good 1 to 1/2 years to get down my Italian. Now I'm focusing on French ...finally....after listening to Alizee for about 7 months without. I'm rambling anyways....back to the topic. I to agree that U.S. pop is nearly dead with me. One look into my CD case and you see this! Except for Mariah.
Here's what I mean:

2 Mariah CD's
2 Kylie Mingoue CD's
2 Corrs CD's
2 Lara Fabian CD's
Nelly Furtado's Lastest CD
3 Elli Kokkinou CD's
4 Paola & Chiara CD's
Helena Paparizou's Crossover CD
5 Laura Pausini CD's
2 Jenifer CD's
3 Despina Vandi CD's
Anna Tatangelo's Latest CD
3 Alizee CD's

See....I rarely support any U.S. music artist anymore....
Don't understand a word of Greek, but I'm quite hooked on the modern pop/dance wave of greek music.....Greek will be next for me to learn after I got a good grasp of French. Not on the list but CD's I do own from Greece even include Xryspa & Apostuoli Zoi.

Just for your info....I just not 2 weeks ago discovered Jenifer, and am quickly becoming hooked.

Ciao amici