Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As for my preferred order of playing Alizee songs. I think it would be kind of deceiving to post just a straight list of songs, because there is a core group of songs that I want to listen to on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
I agree... most of us listen to a core group of songs
Not me. Straight down that line every time.

The only time I switch it up, is when I use my iPod, as I still haven't figured out playlists on that damn device. (Shut up, Apple products are weird...).

I tried giving remixes a chance, but something about them feels off. I guess I see them as unnecessary as the song is already good, it doesn't need to be altered. Although I will admit, the J'en ai marre (Soft Skin / Jam Sof Club Remix) wasn't that bad. I just prefer the original.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-29-2011 at 08:34 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferb96 View Post
shuffle
I usually have it on shuffle as well, though I used to ALWAYS start it with ÀCC. Why I stopped doing that is a long long and very sad story
Old 12-30-2011, 01:19 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Order of release.

Cd player in car holds six discs.

Gourmandises
Mes Courants Électriques
En Concert 2 CD's (DVD RIP) En Concert Cd
doesn't have all the songs the DVD does.
Psychédélices.
Une Enfant du Siècle
Cd player in my car doesn't do cd's. It used to be a tape deck. Now it's a "Pyle", the kind that uses an ipod, or usb, or, most often, reads 50 cd's I ripped to an sd card. Cheap ($28 on ebay), chinese-made, p.o.s. as far as quality, but it's handy. Oddly, it plays all the "albums" stored on the chip alphabetically by artist's name, so all the Alizée music comes up first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Never had a playlist. Ever since 2007 there has always been a certain phase in which I listen to some songs more often than other songs. These days I listen to Une fille difficile a lot. Somehow this song is stuck in my mind and often while walking or going down stairs I keep on humming it. Sometimes people get surprised when I those lines suddenly come out.
I go for that song a lot, too, M.A.! It's "haunting" in those refrains, and it can get stuck in my head, too. But in a good way. By sneaking up on me, it became my favorite song on UEDS, and ParaOne's done a lot of other great, interesting, and otherwise acclaimed music besides this. (Except that his other music is all nearly 100% Alizée-free, so how good can it be, right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I usually have it on shuffle as well, though I used to ALWAYS start it with ÀCC. Why I stopped doing that is a long long and very sad story
Hey, what a coincidence! I'm usually a shuffler, too! But not always. If I were compiling a new playlist of any sort at this moment, I would have to insist on starting with "L'Alizé". Any version of it. But I can see where ACC could be almost as powerful.

You can share that story if you want to, Fall, we're here for you. You just want a little nudge to know that we're interested? Well, who else in the e-verse would be? (Besides, if your story's too long, we probably won't read it all anyway, so it's almost the same as keeping it private.)
Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
The only time I switch it up, is when I use my iPod, as I still haven't figured out playlists on that damn device. (Shut up, Apple products are weird...).
... open up itunes and click on file> ... oh you know what? ... just click this link and learn here!...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4489196_make...st-itunes.html

Old 12-30-2011, 03:16 AM

Did you not read my post fully?

Quote:
(Shut up, Apple products are weird...)
I despise iTunes with a deep passion, so I haven't even opened it since I somehow managed to get the music onto the iPod.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I despise iTunes with a deep passion, so I haven't even opened it since I somehow managed to get the music onto the iPod.
You're going to have a hard time making playlists if you're going to avoid using itunes.

Just sayin'

Old 12-30-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
You're going to have a hard time making playlists if you're going to avoid using itunes.

Just sayin'
Solution: I won't use playlists.

That piece of crap would freeze my computer literally half the time I would open it. It took me 3 days to figure out how to even get it to sync with the iPod. And then it would freeze any time it tried to back up the already empty iPod.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Solution: I won't use playlists.

That piece of crap would freeze my computer literally half the time I would open it. It took me 3 days to figure out how to even get it to sync with the iPod. And then it would freeze any time it tried to back up the already empty iPod.
There are other apps you can use.. I used to use Floola when I was totally against iTunes like you ... but I quickly learned that iTunes is best... afterall, it's the same company that gave you the ipod....

but if you must stay away.. try floola.

By the way, ipod's don't like it when you are not loyal to a specific piece of software and switch it up on them.. if you begin using one type of software, you should always stick with it...

I had a hard time trying to switch from floola to itunes... my ipod must of had 40,000 songs on it but my ipod couldn't recognize it... it displayed a blank playlist and no music on it... I had to power it off and on a lot and unplug it and replug it into the computer before the songs came on in iTunes .. then I ejected it correctly from iTunes and iTunes ensured that my ipod found them... I got lucky...long story short.. which ever method you used to get those puppies on your ipod is the method you should stick with unless you want to risk losing everything and starting over again.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:53 AM

I literally found this iPod on the ground, so I have no regrets if something happens to it. Nor will I invest any money into it. I am debating buying a classic though. This one is only an 8GB touch and I'm not to big on these touch thingys.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
...I'm not to big on these touch thingys.
There goes your social life...