Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I don't listen to the radio much anymore. It's hard to see how one blip on the radio is going to turn people on to her. In any case, have a web site and a promotion strategy ready to go.
I was just trying to say that unless her music is broadcast on TV/Radio etc. people will not know about her. And that has to be regular. My above comment was regarding to the poor promotion of UEDS.

Quote:
Sorry to wax on about something I only have a sense of, but no concrete plan for. And considering the subject of this thread, I think I've gone a bit off topic. Just sharing my sense of things.
Your suggestions are always welcome Roman. Unless we discuss, how can we come up with a concrete strategy that the majority feels is correct
Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
. It's hard to see how one blip on the radio is going to turn people on to her.

In the U.S., just like in Mexico, I think fans would have to take matters into their own hands and simply concentrate on getting a following going by whatever means necessary. One can simply try to generically increase her popularity or one can create a campaign around one ultimate goal: pave the way for Alizée to come and do one concert. Still, it seems so much easier to think about getting everyone (especially new fans) on board with the idea of promoting and organizing for one specific purpose than some vague hope that she will become popular here some day.

Make people fans, then introduce them to the mission, and provide steps to follow to be ready and lend support for the idea.

I don't know how to do it, but it's just one concert. I................. At least I think we can say that Alizée would like to do a concert if there was clear and robust support for it............................
Well it wouldn't be just 1 commercial. It would be at least a dozen. I was thinking playing 3 each day during a certain time frame like afternoon and doing that for four days in a row.

I don't think a concert would do well because I think it would be one just like she did in Mexico and to be perfectly honest, it pained me to listen to many of those songs. Now if you had a concert where she sang, I'm fed up, I'm not twenty, La Isla Bonita, Amelie, Youpidoo, Les Collines, Lou ou Toi, Hey Amigo, L'Alize, A Contre Courant, Par les Paupieres using the same music for her older songs that she used in En Concert, now that would be a kick ass concert.

I hate to think what would happen if she put on the same type of show here as she did in Mexico. As I've said before, who ever has been managing her carreer, starting with her Psych album, has no idea what they are doing. For that reason, in my opinion, a concert is not the way to go.

So right now, not debating the beauty of her last 2 albums, I think we can agree that they have not done well in France, whether it was due to lack of promotion or what ever. If nothing changes, she probably wont produce another album. She might not be able to afford to.

Her career needs something to happen. It needs a boost. Something that could happen with a concert here but I seriously doubt that would happen here unless a bigger fan base was developed first. Having her appear on tv such as Leno or Letterman where hopefully they would show some clips of her music, plus have her sing a song might work. But I think because her English conversational skills are somewhat lacking, a tv show of this type probably wont happen.

So it comes down to my idea of promoting her on the radio. We've all tried promoting Alizée in different ways. Giving away cd's, posting flyers, bumper stickers, showing her videos where ever we get a chance. But these efforts only gain a few fans here and there. We need to get a bunch of people at once and the best way I can think of that I think has a possibility of becoming a reality is through the radio. My hope is that people will not only like her music and hopefully buy her albums, but my main hope is that they'll like it so much, they'll be calling the radio stations and requesting they play the full songs, and if that happens, it will spread to other cities.

I'm actively working on this idea, contacting radio stations for prices. Results have been disappointing so far, but I think it's very doable and I'm going to keep at it. I might have to target a smaller city other than the one I've been working on. Maybe one of those college towns out in the country that have their own station. If anyone has any ideas of a good station to contact, please pass it along.

For anyone else who has an idea to propose on how we can mass market Alizée in this country such as a concert, or a tv appearence, I urge you to not just propose the idea but develop it. Maybe contacting tv stations or finding out how we would get a concert to be performed here. It's easy to shoot down someone's idea, and it's a lot tougher to develop ideas that might have a chance. Take the tough road. Do it for Alizée. Try to think of other ways we can do something to promote her career in an truely effective way.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-25-2010 at 10:49 AM..
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 AM

Well, I am not sure how many 30 sec radio commercials we will be able to afford and how much affect a 30 sec commercial can have. What about newspaper ads. They are more catchy and may reach a large number of people. They might be cheaper also.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:04 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

How much do I believe in her? Well some thing I was working on that previously I had only talked to Ben and MYGOGT about was inquiring about how much it would cost to post some 30 second commercials featuring Alizée's music on a local radio station. I made a preliminary offer of $2,500.00 to a local radio station. I was told by a woman at this particular station that she would call me back a few days later after working on some proposals but never heard back from her. Contacted another station a couple of days ago where I upped my offer to $3,000.00. I'm hoping to hear something from them. Could be, I'll have to look for a smaller city, maybe a college station that has a good size audience. Bottom line is I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think there was a good chance. As MYGOGT can testify. I'm not living high on the hog here. My 94 S10 pick up could use a paint job. Also needs a compressor for the a/c. I'd like to get an HD tv but Alizée is more important than these.
There is hope and I'm determined to find a way to see this happen.
I am here to tell you that Scruffydog is determined and what he says above is true. He is a sincere and hospitable person.
I also believe that a Letterman or Leno appearance could get the most exposure. They always have musicians/bands on there and don't really interview them. The trick here is to get them to get her on the show. Even if there was an interview an interpreter could be used. We see them all the time these days. There must be a way.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Before we get ahead of ourselves.. lets remember that it's more important to know if Alizée actually wants to be active here in the U.S.

Remember when some people got her a potential spot in the US market, but her team(or her, I really don't know) didn't really act upon it?

I mean, if she wants it, hellz yeah! Lets do it, full steam ahead! But if not... I feel we might just come off as annoying.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Remember when some people got her a potential spot in the US market, but her team(or her, I really don't know) didn't really act upon it?

I don't think that before 2007 she had ever planned to do a concert in Mexico. But it happened. Why? Because of her fan base there. If there were only a few fans in Mexico, just like in US, she would not have organized a concert. It is just not feasible.

A handful of fans is the only reason that she never took US market seriously. Say she organizes a concert in US. Who will buy the tickets? Only a few fans. But if she has a massive fan base here, she will have to take US market seriously. I am not saying this in regard to a concert. Even her CDs will be released here only if people are willing to buy them.

Quote:
But if not... I feel we might just come off as annoying.
We will annoy her if we constantly bug her to come to US without doing the ground work. If, somehow, we are able to create a decent demand for Alizee's music here in states, she will be happy to come here. We are not asking her management to do this ground work. We have to take the initial steps. If we can show them that people here are ready for her, then they will also co-operate with us.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:45 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well it wouldn't be just 1 commercial. It would be at least a dozen. I was thinking playing 3 each day during a certain time frame like afternoon and doing that for four days in a row.
Well, ok. I can't really debate the issue. But forgive me; I don't think I really understand what exactly you want to promote.

Without going into a lot of detail, I agree that I am not that wild about some of the reorchestrations, but I still really enjoyed the concerts. I assume if those songs were used again, they would again be reorchestrated rather than using the Psych era versions. I have also liked all of her albums, some more than others. Right now, I'm liking UEDS and it seems like that is what people need to be listening to and buying.

I think I missed what exactly it is that you want. Is it just that she create another album? And out of curiosity, what songs would you promote with radio spots? Sorry if you already stated the answers to all of that.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
I don't think that before 2007 she had ever planned to do a concert in Mexico. But it happened. Why? Because of her fan base there. If there were only a few fans in Mexico, just like in US, she would not have organized a concert. It is just not feasible.

A handful of fans is the only reason that she never took US market seriously. Say she organizes a concert in US. Who will buy the tickets? Only a few fans. But if she has a massive fan base here, she will have to take US market seriously. I am not saying this in regard to a concert. Even her CDs will be released here only if people are willing to buy them.

I don't mean a concert or anything. I remember talking to Jung about this, but from what I remember, it was something about a tv show, or a tv appearance. It was all set up and only needed to be picked up by Alizée's team, but they apparently dropped the ball.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Years ago in one of her interviews, I know Alizée said she was worried about the sharks in this country meaning the media or maybe the paparazzi. Whether she actually turned down an opportunity to come here, I don't know. But at that stage in her career, she didn't need to come to the U.S. because she was doing so well else where.

Now she needs something. Her new album hasn't been recieved well in France, so she has to look to other venues. The U.S. is probably the best chance for her to meaningful success in her careeer. I think most of us believed she wanted to distance herself from the Moi Lolita image but now we find her performing it again. She is trying out all avenues and I think there is only one avenue left. Coming to the U.S.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Whether she actually turned down an opportunity to come here, I don't know. But at that stage in her career, she didn't need to come to the U.S. because she was doing so well else where.
I didn't realize she was doing very well anywhere January 2010. Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Jung