Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-24-2007, 10:30 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

bienvenue, i think, Ali welcome to the site. great meeting ya.... yeah.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

welcome to this beautiful alizee fan club ali,

Alizee is a beauty, awesome and wonderful being.... she is great in singing... her voice is beautiful more than honey....she is a beauty manufacturer.... more over she is an Angel(goddess)..... there is more to tell about alizee..........
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM

crissa is on a distinguished road

To be honest, Alizee had to grow on me. I've been a die-hard Mylene fan since I was 12, and I didn't understand why Mylene felt the need to produce what I was thinking to be "the French Britney Spears"

But more I checked her out (not like that guys...) the more interested I became. There was finally someone who sung about being a teenager, and it wasn't cheesy or overtly sexual. Even if someone older than her wrote the songs, Alizee totally owns everything she does with her voice. And it's nice to see a young celebrity who's genuine, and hasn't been pushed in the lime-light by "momagers" and "dadagers" (parent managers)

And yes, I know that Alizee has touched many lives, but I try not to put her on a pedestal, because she is human. I remember, being younger and calling Mylene a goddess, angel, all those types of things. She's not, and neither is Alizee. They're both human beings, exceptional ones at that, but human beings nonetheless. And I think being a true fan means you respect them and treat them as such.

Having said that, if I ever Mymy or Lili, I'd probably fall to my knees thanking God for the opportunity to meet real-live angels. But one can't be held responsible for their actions when they're in the presence of such beauty (particularly Alizee)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissa View Post
And yes, I know that Alizee has touched many lives, but I try not to put her on a pedestal, because she is human.
I'm of two minds about this. First off, straight up, you're right: people do tend to put celebrities on a pedestal and hold all kinds of illusions about them. Alizée is no exception.

But on the other hand, some of the abilities and effects people attribute to Alizée (and Mylène), which some might think to be calling her a goddess, angel, fairy, etc., are actually human abilities, ones Alizée seems to have in wholesale lots.

So people who talk about the "Alizée effect" are not, in fact, putting her on a pedestal. Those who talk about her changing their lives or healing their hearts are telling the simple truth. She can do that.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissa View Post
And yes, I know that Alizee has touched many lives, but I try not to put her on a pedestal, because she is human.
well i believe people only do that is because they feel that they are inferior so they create illusions to hope for. lots of people i bet probbably feel inferior around Alizée and other celebrtities. low self esteem really does a number.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I'm of two minds about this. First off, straight up, you're right: people do tend to put celebrities on a pedestal and hold all kinds of illusions about them. Alizée is no exception.

But on the other hand, some of the abilities and effects people attribute to Alizée (and Mylène), which some might think to be calling her a goddess, angel, fairy, etc., are actually human abilities, ones Alizée seems to have in wholesale lots.

So people who talk about the "Alizée effect" are not, in fact, putting her on a pedestal. Those who talk about her changing their lives or healing their hearts are telling the simple truth. She can do that.
The "Alizée effect" is very real. I am an example of that. I am a completely different person from the person I was before I met Lili. My out look on life has changed, I am happier, my goals have changed, I am more out-going, I am trying all new things such as different foreign foods, I am learning more about French and other foreign cultures, I am watching foreign films, I am listening to foreign music, I have changed my career path, and am now going to be the first person in my family to live outside of America in over a 100 years. This is the "Alizée effect", and I love it!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:47 PM

crissa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
The "Alizée effect" is very real. I am an example of that. I am a completely different person from the person I was before I met Lili. My out look on life has changed, I am happier, my goals have changed, I am more out-going, I am trying all new things such as different foreign foods, I am learning more about French and other foreign cultures, I am watching foreign films, I am listening to foreign music, I have changed my career path, and am now going to be the first person in my family to live outside of America in over a 100 years. This is the "Alizée effect", and I love it!
Well dang! Who needs energy drinks when you have Alizée?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:49 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

The "effect" does not necessarily flow from the celebrity's persona. Rather, the persona energizes something in ourselves that creates something beyond both the celebrity and ourselves. Alizée is like a prism that turns the light of her fans it a beautiful rainbow. We are part of the effect.

I suspect Alizée would find our lofty descriptions of her somewhat worrisome. A celebrity can get wrapped up in this, not just in the fame (which I believe Alizée has handled well), but also in the reverse situation. A situation where the celebrity knows they are not the person their fans make them to be, and are constantly worried that they will fail to live up to the expectation. That they will someone be "found out".

In the case of the latter, I truly hope someone close to Alizée can explain that there is no need to live up to our expectations. Don't even try. Don't worry about being "found out". Just be true to yourself, and let the fans magnify that truth to lofty heights. For it's not Alizée's ability to reach those heights that brings us healing and peace, but simply our ability to believe it can be so.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Oh, OGRE.

OK, everything you said was true. But NONE of it related to the quote you preceded it with from me! I wasn't painting a "lofty image" of Alizée, or anything that would be difficult for her to live up to. In fact, it would be quite impossible for her NOT to live up to it.

What do you find extraordinary about what I said, anyway?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

I think Alizée rocks.... why the hell you guys write this long answers... i think it would be easier to read the bible than ur post.