Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
However, from all her video interviews, I haven't come across any phrases that would make her seem different from a typical Parisian, for example. When she's on TV, she's speaking standard French
That's what fooled me then . For me she just speaks standard French indeed. But that's also true for Jenifer or other Corsican artists (or politics, or anything else). I can't hear an accent in their interviews either!

I don't really agree with this though:
Quote:
Some French people say that she doesn't articulate herself very well in interviews, which is true, but she's not alone in that regard
Well, maybe some exceptions. I remember having noticed in some interview transcriptions that I made here that I also wrote down all her stammers/mutterings (in the French part only). But I remember having failed on what she was saying only once, here (I still doubt she's saying "very énorme").

Quote:
Where are you from, aFrenchie?
Nantes (dépt. 44).
Old 10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
That's what fooled me then . For me she just speaks standard French indeed. But that's also true for Jenifer or other Corsican artists (or politics, or anything else). I can't hear an accent in their interviews either!
I think he meant more phrases there (like "toc de mac"), rather than the accent itself... I don't think Mark has heard much that we haven't (though he did meet her backstage once ). And Jenifer grew up in Nice, if that makes any difference.

Quote:
But I remember having failed on what she was saying only once, here (I still doubt she's saying "very énorme").
Well, "doesn't articulate well" doesn't have to mean she fails to say anything... can just mean she doesn't pronounce pefectly all the time. Doesn't enunciate enough. In other words, wouldn't make the best French instructor.

Though I wouldn't complain!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I think he meant more phrases there (like "toc de mac"), rather than the accent itself...
Oops you're right. But as for her accent that Mark is talking about, either he's studying that sort of thing or he's very interested in this subject to notice it? I'm asking a friend right now and she's telling me that maybe she has a slight accent, but so slight that it's not worth mentioning it... She and I also disagree about what he says regarding the R sound.
Well I'm sure there is an accent in Corsica, especially by the oldest people and depending on the areas, but all those I heard hardly have one. Or like I told you, maybe some intonations from the Midi (around Marseille indeed).

Quote:
Doesn't enunciate enough. In other words, wouldn't make the best French instructor.
Well, I'm sure she'd make all the effort needed to teach somebody. On TV, she still speaks naturally and doesn't care much .
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

if you all want a standard french accent have a look at www.tv5.org and listen to the 9am news or the 5pm news; It's pretty clean stuff.