Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 07:40 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Fan View Post
I have to say that AA is one of the best forum and site about Alizée outside Europe and France...
It would be great if AA participate to the promotion of the Alizée's new album Psychédélices!
But does RCA consider that there are plenty of american people fans of Alizée
Hate to say this, but Alizee doesn't really have any fans in the United States besides us. I mean, we're probably 50% of all the fans she has. Absolutely no one will recognize her if she walks down Hollywood Blvd.. maybe 1 person..

I don't want to sound negative, I hate that this is true. Wish it wasn't. She should be known because she's just amazing. But, unfortunately she never really made any transition into the American industry. Maybe if she tried she'd make it, but stupid little translations that Mylene let her do back then would not be enough to get America to notice her songs.. so sad.

Lili come to the US!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Hate to say this, but Alizee doesn't really have any fans in the United States besides us. I mean, we're probably 50% of all the fans she has.
You don't know that, and I doubt that it's true. For one thing, there are a lot of people who lurk here without ever logging in. However, I do know that being exposed to Her Grace isn't that easy in this country. So the fan base is much smaller than it could be, with decent exposure.

Let's step back and look at it from the other end. What could AA do to help promote the album? (That we aren't already doing.) How many people visit this forum who are NOT members? Can we post ads on other sites, and have the ads link to information such as is shared on the home page?

Exposure is the key. I could have appreciated Alizée myself years ago, except I didn't know she existed. It took World of Warcraft and the female Night Elf dance to show me a video of hers, and everything followed from that. There's been increased exposure over the past year or two between the game and YouTube, and the fan base is growing. What could be done to increase the exposure? What could WE do?

Think along those lines, and then we'll have something concrete to present to RCA.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

btw, (for future refernce)
AA=alizee alliance
AAm=alizee america
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I don't think that this site's legality is ever going to be a problem, at least with RCA Music. For one thing, there is only one video on this site owned by RCA, and it's a promo video, all the rest is Universal. Also, as I've said many times before, there is a ton of copyright infringement on all the Alizée fan sites, but it would be stupid to have the stuff taken down, as it's all excellent free marketing!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hate to say this, but Alizee doesn't really have any fans in the United States besides us. I mean, we're probably 50% of all the fans she has. Absolutely no one will recognize her if she walks down Hollywood Blvd.. maybe 1 person.
That is not necessarily true. For example, Edcognito found out about Alizée when a girl at a hospital was listening to her and tonight (just minutes ago) I got a friend on the East coast to play Moi... Lolita on his college radio show and at least one of the other listeners recognized the song.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Listen guys, I have an important response.

This is Alizee's first return (really). And this is an ample time to expose her to the most popular and rich music market; America lol

So we really should promote regardless of wether it's in conjunction with RCA Music. I think she could really get famous in the US, because she has something that just makes everyone want a second glance.

Think of a world where you'll actually be able to talk to your friends about Alizee (american friends) without them being like "Uhh, who? Are you on crack?" I mean, thats the type of response I'd get! I hate it! Let's make her known. Cuz not only is her music great, but shes like.. um, yeah a complete godess.

So we can do this. Alizee america should be in charge of promotion on English sites, thus into the american market.

Sure we can't make this happen alone. But; we can start something, or at least contribute to it.

Many people who are english and exposed to alizee first saw her less than famous video on youtube "J'en ai marre". However, this isnt as popular as it needs to be on youtube. So, if theres any place to start its there. How can we promote this more?

Alizee would sure love to come over here, considering she learned english and made english song translations. I think we all want this to happen and would just feel so completed if it did.

Whos with me? (Brad?)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I don't want to seem negative, but I would suspect they are talking about sites like Nidalizee, AA, AFC, Alizee Mexico, etc.

I would bet that they are specifically talking about Alizee Mexico, since she is so HUGE down there, and it is probably a market that they don't have any real connections with.

While it would be awesome, I wouldn't get too excited just yet. And I am not sure what we could really 'do' to help increase our chances?
I googled "alizee" today - we are the first fansite, and the 4th overall site in the returns.

Who knows? But it would be KEWL AS SHIT (imho)!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

Exposure is the key. I could have appreciated Alizée myself years ago, except I didn't know she existed. It took World of Warcraft and the female Night Elf dance to show me a video of hers, and everything followed from that. There's been increased exposure over the past year or two between the game and YouTube, and the fan base is growing. What could be done to increase the exposure? What could WE do?

Think along those lines, and then we'll have something concrete to present to RCA.
Deepwaters = WoW player?

YEAH!! WoW FTW!

Deep, I've just discovered another whole reason to like you!

Ed

P.S. - Daemonspirit/Thunderhorn/70/troll/Priest

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Listen guys, I have an important response.

So we really should promote regardless of wether it's in conjunction with RCA Music. I think she could really get famous in the US, because she has something that just makes everyone want a second glance.

(((snippage)))

Cuz not only is her music great, but shes like.. um, yeah a complete godess.

So we can do this. Alizee america should be in charge of promotion on English sites, thus into the american market.

Sure we can't make this happen alone. But; we can start something, or at least contribute to it.

Many people who are english and exposed to alizee first saw her less than famous video on youtube "J'en ai marre". However, this isnt as popular as it needs to be on youtube. So, if theres any place to start its there. How can we promote this more?

Alizee would sure love to come over here, considering she learned english and made english song translations. I think we all want this to happen and would just feel so completed if it did.

Whos with me? (Brad?)

Well Mes, for one thing, in interviews she has said she doesn't want to come to the American Market () however, that doesn't mean we couldn't get American College radio to play her.

That would be some good exposure, getting her out on dozens of college campus', with potentially 1k's of peeps from all over the country hearing her!

Just a thought..

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-13-2007, 09:39 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Fan View Post
But does RCA consider that there are plenty of american people fans of Alizée
I could arrange a supportive demonstration in front of the French Embassy.