Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

tone down the violence ladies and gentlemen
there will be no high noons here Officer garçoncanadien is patrolling
Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Infected by Lily

Bill Seals is on a distinguished road

I'm completely in love with this album, just as much as much as her first two. The style may be a bit different, but me and ummm, what'd you call it? "techno-crap", go way back. Psychedelices is doing just fine for me.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Everyday I have been going to Alizees myspace and listening to her new album and the songs are just sounding better and better and better each day

Other than 50/60 and MJ, the rest of her songs didn't appeal to me at first but now as I have listened to them more and more and tried to like them, they are growing on me and I like most of them now, not all but most.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

I downloaded the entire album (Nobody get your undies in a knot, I'll pay for a real copy as soon as it is available) and found that it is MUCH better than the samples.
I also agree that most tend to "grow on you" after the newness wears off but... they failed to have the "shock and awe" effect of some of her previous performances.
In the end there was only one that won't be played much around my house. It doesn't seem to improve no matter how many times I listen to it.
I still believe that Alizee is one of the greatest artists ever! Combine that with those she has selected to work with and we can expect greatness to follow.
With the wide variety of styles on her new album I suspect she was trying to appeal to a wide audience. If that is the case each of us can't be expected to love every song.
For that matter, I can't think of any other album (By anyone) where every song was a favorite.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Tavil is on a distinguished road

Man i completely disagree. The new music is awesome. I keep listening to it on her myspace page. I cant wait to have the hard copy in my hands when it releases! But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

I agree with American Fan, I think. I love all her music, just not as much as her previous two, and this has nothing to do with her not been a Lolita, Lol. To me her new music sounds a little sad (not as happy as her previous), and as far as her rapping... She sounds very cute, but I don't think rap is meant to be cute. My two cents...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

What's really interesting about Psychédélices to me is how varied it is, and every song is very good for what it is. I don't much like either L'effet or Psychédélices (the song), but there are people who consider L'effet to be the best song on the album, the difference being that I'm just not much of a jazz fan. Some people don't think much of Decollage, but I love it; it makes me laugh.

These aren't simple, easy tunes. You need to spend some time with them. That makes them different from the previous albums, which were all more accessible, even if they had layers that were harder to find.

Lily Town, Jamais plus, Lonely Liste, and especially Par les paupieres, all soar. 50/60 and MJ rock! So danceable! Her voice on Mon taxi driver is so sexy it gives me shivers. And except maybe Coeur déjà pris, I don't think there's been another song like Idealiser for showcasing the range and power of her voice.

I love this album.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Merci beaucoup pour Alizée ... Vive la France!

I agree, the music 'grows' on you.

I have listened to the sample music on Alizee's official web page... the styles are varied and portions of the songs are hauntingly familiar, similar to songs by different artists of varied genres. Songs on Alizee's new album may refer to the psychedelic music experience (See definition at the following link: www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelia )

Regardless, I am a dedicated fan to Alizee and her public persona; My guess is that her many talents will evolve in a very positive way based on what she and her advisors determine is best for her.

Merci beaucoup pour Alizée ... Vive la France!

Last edited by Vista; 01-28-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Just down loaded it (I have 6 copies, 3 of each CD on their way to me so chill) Hopefully the first LE CD will be here by next Thursday or Friday.
I love Lilli Town. It is just so awesome of a tune. I'll get back to you later on the rest.

Last edited by ALS; 11-29-2007 at 03:03 PM..