Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Tis better to not stand a chance at marriage than chance a marriage you cannot stand.
Having been there, I will attest to the truth of that statement.

However, I've been in several long-term relationships, one of them with the knot legally tied, and some of the OTHERS were actually pretty good. So the idea that introverts have no chance of marriage is clearly false.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

/sigh

I'de respond to this thread, but it would take too much energy.......

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
/sigh

I'de respond to this thread, but it would take too much energy.......

Ed
You just did
Old 02-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I spend alot of my personal time alone and I wouldn't have it any other way. The most calming thing in the world for me is to go out by myself near a creek or lake and throw rocks...it recharges my batteries and seems to get me back on track.

It probably also explains why one of the most irresistible girls I've ever came across was this really smart girl back in highschool that would sit in the library away from the others during the breaks and read. Matter of fact, any person that can be calm and within their own thoughts by choice is somebody I'm naturally more comfortable around.

One of my biggest obstacles is probably having to endure small talk. I often come across as boring or unfriendly to extroverts because they talk and change topics so quickly. And when the topic actually reaches something meaningful like politics or moral views, and I manage to say something without 3 other people talking at once, the subject has already changed before I can get across 1/4 of my view.

The idea of going out to a restaurant with a bunch of people and having loud constantly interrupted small talk and not fitting in unless you can make a bunch of jokes is like punishment to me. And you know you will end up waiting 45 minutes (an eternity) or more for the food to be prepared, and then who knows how long after everybody has finished the main meal. And unless somebody else took care of the bill, you end up thinking to yourself, "I just paid for that!?!?"

However, going to the same restaurant with an interesting girl, or a close friend, where we actually talk about things of importance and intrigue, or try to work out something (which create their own hilarious events) is not that unbearable. Consequently, I am extremely thankful for fast food restaurants, especially Subway...because if not for them I probably wouldn't eat outside of my house, lol.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Going out with small groups (2-4) is great, a few friends and I go out for wings (buy 12 get 12 free on Wednesdays) almost every week. The noise and crowd is pretty terrible, but we still manage to have good conversation and good, cheap, food. Other than that, I'll go to fast food, delis, etc with 1 or 2 others, those are nice quiet places.

Other than that and concerts, though, I really don't do much at all in public places. I'm almost always home or at another person's house/apartment.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

I just moved to Arizona and only know the people i live with so basically i pick my a$$ all day :P that is untill i get back into school
Old 02-05-2008, 07:58 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
One of my biggest obstacles is probably having to endure small talk.
[OGRE looks at his shoes]
Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I get this sinking feeling I don't belong here.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:10 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I get this sinking feeling I don't belong here.
Now you know how we feel.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Well Bill I know how you feel here on this topic. I have serious OCD which prevented me from leaving my house alot. I hated the outside because I knew what could be caught or what was outside to make my life harder. Not jobs or fun things but more like germs and dirt and diseases and stuff like that. I hated being dirty and still do but I have gotten it to go away or most of it. I loved to be left alone because it kept the germs out of my room. Nobody went in my room unless they are showered and there hands are washed with soap and water. I used to have purell wipes and or soap and water in a paper towel in my room if it was necessary. I usually would get mad at people if they spoke to me about getting out and doing some stuff like working or seeing friends because they never understood the effects of OCD. Everyday I came home and showered after school. So thats twice everyday, people would laugh at me because I said I hated being dirty and having OCD. But when people found out that many people have it they stopped laughing and apologized. But that still didn't help me leave my house. WELL about 1 year later in the spring of 2007 I was playing World of Warcraft with a friend who is in no way like me with OCD and junk. He showed me world of warcraft dancing on youtube.com, the 4th dance in is what gave me the strength to quit the game and delete my account and delete everylast bit of memory off my computer. That dance was J'en Ai Marre. I swear when I saw that dance later that night I went home quit my guild said my goodbyes and powered down the game forever. Next day on my way to school on my bike I had my iPod on humming too Moi Loita. I didn't come home that day because I sat in the park humming all day with a few friends. They of course didn't like the French music but I enjoyed spending time with them, went to starbucks later that day and got some nice cold coffee and WENT BACK TO THE PARK. Went home about 11 that night after playing guitar with my friends and went right to sleep. Got up the next morning and did the same thing. I haven't played WoW since but only gained 2 things. Brand new music to my ears (Lili) and I am out of my house more than I stay in my house. Weather it be sitting at friends houses or sitting in the park enjoying what I love. I say to anyone with Depression or Introvert to listen to Lili and they will be astonished. I was and she helped me quit a game I used to pay for. Something I lost time too. Something that is so addicting it can transform the brain to make you NOT do things you should do in life. Good thing I met Lili or I probably still would be playing, and would still be sad.

All you need is 1 Truck.