Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Very well possible. Not really important, but I thought the big hype started with the JEAM appearance?
And it became quickly clear for them she wasn't Spanish after all.
I know the Mexicans quickly realized that Alizée was not Spanish. I mentioned this only because the familiarity of her appearance may have been a comfort factor.

Quote:
Also true. But speaking for myself; I don't give a sh#t about the language the music is sung in. If I like the sound, it's just fine by me. I can always find out in some way what the lyrics are about if I want to know...
I like Italian and Hungarian a lot for instance but I don't understand a lick of it
I also don’t care about the language music is sung in for the same reasons you mentioned. I have no idea how many people in the USA feel the same way, but some Americans spend millions every year attending the opera and buying opera music, none of which is sung in English. It’s a niche market, but niche markets in the USA can still produce a lot of revenue. Someday maybe it will be true even for a beautiful Corsican girl we all know and love.

Quote:
I really hope so for you American fans. It must be somekind of frustrating, and I understand that. Keep fingers crossed, you never know what happens.
Yes, it is a little frustrating. But I don’t want Alizée to do anything she doesn’t want to do just for our sake. She said the American market makes her very scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishAlizee View Post
Maybe in the states only success explosive female singers. Obviously blondes, blondes, blondes, and more blondes with obvious attributes. Not with the delicate beauty of Alizée. Maddona, Aguilera, etc.... for me, are light years away from Alizée beauty and awesome voice.
As we say in Spain "belleza femenina"
I think the USA has been somewhat dominated by English, German and Scandinavian cultural leanings for a long time. That is beginning to change now as other groups grow in numbers.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Haha if you change your attitude with the new president maybe then Europe will love you more, as a country. Right now USA behaves like boss of the world and this influence is making me and a lot others sick and tired. I believe what you see in USA TV media is different from what we see here in Europe, I have CNN as well as other european and russian channels and I think your government filter what you see on CNN, not to say more... I better stop. But it is true Europeans don't really like USA, there is also the fat and the pollution problem that is unpleasant and that you seem to not care about it.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
Haha if you change your attitude with the new president maybe then Europe will love you more, as a country. Right now USA behaves like boss of the world and this influence is making me and a lot others sick and tired. I believe what you see in USA TV media is different from what we see here in Europe, I have CNN as well as other european and russian channels and I think your government filter what you see on CNN, not to say more... I better stop. But it is true Europeans don't really like USA, there is also the fat and the pollution problem that is unpleasant and that you seem to not care about it.
Speak for yourself please and stop this idiot loudmouthing will you?
Thanks.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:25 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Szandi from the later period I like. The early years is a bit too girly bubblegum pop. (although some very catchy)
But t.b.h I don't really know much more Hungarian artists. I had a Hungarian workmate a year ago, and he always listened to Hungarian internet radio, so I heard a lot but never asked him about it.
I meant in my previous reply more the language in general, but I guess that I have to look up some more Hungarian pop. Any more suggestions du jour?
I wish I could find Szandi's first two albums (Kicsi Lány and Tinédzser L'Amour) on CD; I think they may only have been released on vinyl/cassette....catchy, as you say. But then again I like bubblegum pop .

I have "I Love You Baby" and "Azok a Szép Napok", and another one on cassette whose name I think is "Szandi" or "6" (the one with the song that is set to the Bangles' "Manic Monday").

I saw her in concert once (her 18th birthday bash); it was a blast.

Last edited by fsquared; 02-17-2008 at 04:29 PM..
Old 02-17-2008, 04:31 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Speak for yourself please and stop this idiot loudmouthing will you?
Thanks.
there was no need to be so rude, that just makes me think something unpleasant about you. I know politics are not allowed here so don't bother too much about it, it will be fine if I escape wothout edit from moders, if anything.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Woof !

Quote:
there was no need to be so rude, that just makes me think something unpleasant about you.
\holding up mirror\
Old 02-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Oscar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But it is true Europeans don't really like USA,
I think the feeling is 50% mutual in the US . I haven't talked to very many Republicans in the US who have a favourable view of France, or Europe for that matter. It might be different for the younger Republican crowd, but there's a sizable chunk of the US population that won't go to see an Alizee concert (if she were to tour the US) for political reasons, unfortunately. I would hope that I am wrong about this, but reading the various comments about Europe on US political forums saddens me terribly and doesn't make me feel optimistic.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Woof !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
I wish I could find Szandi's first two albums (Kicsi Lány and Tinédzser L'Amour) on CD; I think they may only have been released on vinyl/cassette....catchy, as you say. But then again I like bubblegum pop .
Yes, all I have found sounds from vinyl and casette as well...
I can find on iTunes only "Dudold a Sziv Dallamat" (EP 2000)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
I saw her in concert once (her 18th birthday bash); it was a blast.
Wow That makes you ehhh... 82 years old now?
Old 02-17-2008, 04:59 PM

kdc300z is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
The Government does not speak for the people. Do you really feel that the U.S. can go anywhere in the world to police it without consent or HELP from the rest of the Modern World? Don't be silly. Of course what we see is different...I'm sure all medias filter to be bias towards there own. By the way, I hate the media, it's like Papparrazi. Our President has the lowest rating ever as far as I know. It is even questionable whether or not He actually one the vote! Why quote such stereotypes? Fat and Pollution? Are you saying there aren't any fat people in your country? I live in possibly the Greenest state in the Modern World. Nobody can speak for themselves anymore, you are a Lemming. The Government and the People are two different things. Believe what you want, but don't poke the Bear with a stick.

Last edited by kdc300z; 02-17-2008 at 05:02 PM..
Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc300z View Post
The Government does not speak for the people. Do you really feel that the U.S. can go anywhere in the world to police it without consent or HELP from the rest of the Modern World? Don't be silly. Of course what we see is different...I'm sure all medias filter to be bias towards there own. By the way, I hate the media, it's like Papparrazi. Our President has the lowest rating ever as far as I know. It is even questionable whether or not He actually one the vote! Why quote such stereotypes? Fat and Pollution? Are you saying there aren't any fat people in your country? I live in possibly the Greenest state in the Modern World. Nobody can speak for themselves anymore, you are a Lemming. The Government and the People are two different things. Believe what you want, but don't poke the Bear with a stick.
Oh come on I thought the fat problem was USA's official social problem so don't blame me for that I brought it up, it is official as I said and it is a problem because more than half of people weigh more than it is normal and no in my country there are very very few fat people and you can never see a real fat man like in USA, if you know what I mean. This is not something to like about, the human being should not loose his native form, otherwise it's very unneappealing so it's normal that this is a problem. Do you wonder why USA has the label fat country? It is the image that concludes out of majority of people. The pollution is the same, it's your cars that consume a lot and you don't try very hard to make them more economic like europeans and japanese do. This is also a known problem so I was not talking nonsense, it's another issue that you may think my posts are not nice. If we leave politics aside, the two reasons above are why europeans don't like USA.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 02-17-2008 at 05:27 PM..