Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Don't have too many great ideas for this at the time but I have a suggestion.

Whatever we do it should somehow have something to do with or at least tie into the number 10 seing as it is 2010 and the 10th anniversary. Just an idea. Think about that along with whatever ideas you may have. I'll keep thinking.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well, I find it fairly ironic that her first and latest albums have ten songs. The ten idea is a good suggestion, but we must figure out where to take it to. As for my desgins for the dècor, does anybody have an e-mail I can send the pictures to, once I take them? I will draw them up this afternoon (though I am no artist), and take a picture, and mail them to whoever, and they can post them into the thread. Then, if anybody with sufficient skills feels up to it, they can redraw them and re-post them, as well as e-mail them to me, since I cannot view pictures in threads 99% of the time.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Don't get me wrong, I'd love, LOVE (L. O. V. E.) it if she came over to do a show for us, but really, it isn't necessary. We could have a party similar to that which they did in the French restaurant a while back. It was on her birthday but they partied without her being there. I'm sure they had a great time too. Maybe those who helped set that up can do it this time too.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 PM

Oh, fall, even without her, it would still be fun. I said that once before. But it's not like we shouldn't try! I know it is doubtful she will come, but if she did that would make it all the more spectacular! And it would be a great time for her first show here, as she will probably be most of the way done with promotion by then.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 PM
>9K

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Well, I find it fairly ironic that her first and latest albums have ten songs. The ten idea is a good suggestion, but we must figure out where to take it to. As for my desgins for the dècor, does anybody have an e-mail I can send the pictures to, once I take them? I will draw them up this afternoon (though I am no artist), and take a picture, and mail them to whoever, and they can post them into the thread. Then, if anybody with sufficient skills feels up to it, they can redraw them and re-post them, as well as e-mail them to me, since I cannot view pictures in threads 99% of the time.
I fancy myself a fairly decent artist. On my profile page there is a quick cartoon I made of myself in my profile picture. I have a really sweet and realistic Alizée drawing too but haven't got around to puting it online yet. I can help you out if you'd like.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Ok, well, I have drawn the seating plan for a banquet hall, if we go that route. Give me your e-mail, and I will send it to you. Mine is brian.stell@yahoo.com. Later I will finalize my ideas for dècor.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
>9K

VVVACCPLPNLY's seating plan for banquet hall.

Attachment 1004

VVVACCPLPNLY: G=gourmandises, M=Mes Courants Éléctriques, P=Psychédélices, U=Une Enfant du Siècle, D=dining tables, A=Alizée, if present for autographs. As for what each table will have on it, they should have a large, blown up version of the album's front art, as well as some pictures of her, and singles and remix discs, too. Each table will have a cd player, with that table's album playing on shuffle. We could maybe do the music from a computer, with speakers on each side of the tables. You can add anything alse you think would fit with the tables, too! If Alizée comes, I am thinking about putting a few Tinkerbelle's around as decorations, like maybe use her as the center piece for the dining tables.

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 10-31-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 04-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Thank you, Alizéeinspired!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Alizée says: I am what I am (hint: not Jerry Falwell)

Quote:
Two problems with that idea, doc: 1- I want whatever event or whatever to represent ALL eras of Alizée!
Wait a minute - wasn't the entire premise that this was the tenth anniversary of a PARTICULAR work? Even if you have another agenda, for any advantage to accrue from such an advent, it much be the central feature of same.

Quote:
2- I don't think she would find this very funny, she would probably think we are stupid and not find this very funny.
One can never know what someone is like, especially a remote media figure. One can only collect evidence about they say and do. That is why it is possible to plant and activate a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_(espionage)">mole</a>.

But if prepared, albeit supposedly "candid" personal appearances influence your conceptions, watch Alizée hosted on an entire episode of the French TV show <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=108"><i>La Méthode Cauet</i></a> a couple years ago. Then offer a revised opinion of the Corsican girl's sense of humor.

By the way, she has been quoted as saying she is tired of answering interview questions about Julien Doré. But she is quite happy to play her own performance of <i>ML</i> on her new personal radio station all the same! It is a question of what advances her career at this point in time, and giving away precious column-inches free to the the guy who "took her old job" does not do so.

Quote:
And after we just convinced her that we are normal with the letter? No, thank you! But very creative!
You are really under-informed now. Alizée has a non-trivial fan base among people of atypical sexuality, which is why she has repeatedly given lengthy interviews to periodicals which serve them. Have you ever asked yourself why only girls are present at <i>MJ</i>'s party when Romeo is just a few steps away on the balcony? And I hope it doesn't shock you to know that when Alizée was a little girl, one of her roles at school was as the sailor in an homage to the musical group, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_People"></a><i>Village People</i></a>. The "village" referenced is none other than the one in which you will find the Christopher Street my first post mentioned.

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BdSszlp8aVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BdSszlp8aVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
</center>

Do you know why Alizée's company is called Wisteria? It is a reference to <i>Wisteria Lane</i> in the TV show she fondly follows, <i>Desperate Housewives</i>. The latter includes open social arrangements that would not only make the folks in <i>The Donna Reed Show</i> blanch - but telephone the vice squad. (Damned if the Stones didn't have tiny twin beds - and they were married.)

Surely the most fanciful part of the publicity stunt I outlined was NOT the <i>character</i> of the M.O., but rather the <i>intensity</i> required to make an impression in a large, cosmopolitan place like New York City, especially given how relatively small, young and poor her fan base is in the United States. Interesting US "village people" in her as a minor champion, and also aspiring NYC actors looking for a role, would not be the worst recruiting strategy for volunteers.

I will close with Alizée & Jenifer doing a duet of <i>For Me, Formidable</i>. (Don't miss the lyrics and poses.)

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhNu431Xss8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhNu431Xss8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

Leaving aside my proposal above, I now draw your attention to the thread I started called <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5369"><i>Design the ultimate Alizée party!</i></a>. You might find it a source of useful suggestions for showcasing Alizée's entire professional career to potential new paying consumers of her work, as I hope might prove consistent with your intentions. As so often happens, it includes many remarks way off topic, and worse yet, posts ignorant of the original rationale for the thread. That's why I think we also need more edited content on this Web site.

Good luck.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-03-2010 at 07:28 AM..
Old 04-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Doc, you are a wierd person! Oh well, I will follow the link you posted, though I hope it actually has some meañgful, serious suggestions. Also, whatever videos you posted, could you give me a direct link to them on youtube? Limitations of cellphone, you know. Also, I had watched that interview before.