Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
OK... gentlemen. Let's try to stay on topic.
In what way are we not on topic?

VVVACCPLPNLY: The point I was making was only that sexuality isn't the problem here. It's lack of respect, that's all. I don't think Alizée should pose nude precisely because it would provoke smutty comments and disrespect. I'm just saying that it's the smutty comments and disrespect, not the nudity, that would be the problem if she did.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Cf, I actually became originally interested in Alizée because she was French. The video I saw didn't exactly compliment her looks. But it was the line 'pas de malaise', that caught me. First, it was sung SO BEAUTIFULLY! Second, I have always been interested in French, but the last few years before that, I hadn't seen French anywhere. Except for a small French dictionary a friend gave to me. (I am dissapointed how rare French is in America, compared to Spanish) I had a long dead love for this language. But I was naïve, and thought French music was all polka and accordions. I never thought France would have such an active musical community. But when I heard this voice, the one we love so much, I realized France was not as stupid as Americans portray it as. I never thought it was, but I never took it as a personal attack when people insulted France until after I heard Alizée. (curse you, eric cartman!) But really, it is the French that originally drew me to her.

Edit:

That is what I was saying, too, deep. Guess I am just not as good as wording it as well as you and doc! I never did well in creative writing!

Edit:

As to the 'will a female post here please' comments, I would be more offended by this thread than childish comments about nipples. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. (I am a male) Honestly, why does it matter if the people here are male or female? Are you guys hoping to wind up dating? Look, I have a ton of fun here, with male and female members. Johnsons34 is female, and she introduced me to this site. Aaronius, wasabi, jalen, merci alizée, and fall are my best friends here. They are all male (or claim to be :wink. Does that matter? Not at all. I am pretty good friends with Karla, and not because she is beautiful (you are, though), but because I enjoy having a conversation with her. I look at her the same as I look at any of my male friends here: as a person who likes Alizée, and that I enjoy having conversations with. As for johnsons, she and I talk more off this site through e-mail. But I look at her the same way as karla, wasabi, or whoever. But gender does not matter in my mind.

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 04-07-2010 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I don't think it's appropriate to over-discuss or make 'insinuating' comments focusing on Alizée's (or any one else who might not be okey with it) breasts and similar, like in this thread http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...ighlight=cream Being young and male is no excuse for lacking manner. But that's just me, old fashion Tiwaz. If you respect Alizée, think before you post.

Here's a quote from Rachelizee from the same thread (page9) I linked to.

Quote:
You know what guys. I used to really enjoy coming here as it was always such a friendly place with lively but well-mannered discussions with some very welcoming and witty members many of whom don't post anymore.

However these days it seems that no matter which thread i visit it always seems to be either young lads talking about her boobs or Melissa Mars fans with a not so hidden agenda.Frankly i don't have the inclination to read this kind of stuff anymore.

It is for this reason that i'm afraid to say i won't be coming back. I will continue to be a fan and still look forward to the new album.

It's a shame but it is what it is.

<3
Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Well, it would seem Rachelizée's quote there would just about settle the debate about whether crass comments alienate female members.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 PM

Wow, tiwaz, that thread was pathetic. I see why this 'rachelizée' left. I can't say I blame her... Man, I thought you guys were cool, but that was sad... Seriously, way to freaking go.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

How can we get more women?

I say we come up with a slogan, like "You can never hold a candle to Alizée, but it'll be entertaining to see you try!"
Old 04-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I think the lesson here is that posting with respect and decorum is the best policy and that there really isn't any excuse to not do so regardless of your age, gender, etc... To not do so invites alienating members simply because some people behave in a crass or disrespectful way, which not only reflects poorly on the poster, but potentially on the forum. As an Alizée fan site and organization in particular, we don't want to have posts on the site that would reflect poorly on the site, or it's members, if Alizée herself were to read it.

Last edited by CFHollister; 04-07-2010 at 06:02 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think the lesson here is that posting with respect and decorum is the best policy and that there really isn't any excuse to not do so regardless of your age, gender, etc... To not do so invites alienating members simply because some people behave in a crass or disrespectful way, which not only reflects poorly on the poster, but potentially on the forum. As an Alizée fan site and organization in particular, we don't want to have posts on the site that would reflect poorly on the site, or it's members, if Alizée herself were to read it.
Thank you, Hollister. That's exactly what I think and feel as well.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-07-2010, 06:08 PM

Yes, cf! Ex-freaking-zactly! Just be courteous, respectful, and pretend Alizée is looking over your shoulder. That'll keep you in line!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Game over?

Quote:
Well, back on the topic of how (or whether) AAm should try to close the gender gap of it's membership...

So I think the larger skew of male fans at Alizée America is a natural function of what Alizée media make it the America, when it reaches here, and who is most likely to respond to those kinds of media. I think try to actively fight the natural trend may be futile. And in principle, I don't like the idea of segregating the fan community any more than it already is.
That is by far the most useful contribution to this thread. The thoughtful theory explained sounds eminently sensible to me as the essential reason for the wide gender disparity noted. (A critical test of its validity would come if we ever get gender disparity numbers for American hits on Alizée's Web site, as we have now for the French hits.)

Except for residual curiosity to read some posts by females on the topic here, I have lost interest in this thread. I regret the acrimony engendered here, which seems to reflect different norms on what and how various things might be discussed.

Regarding the Rachelize comment reading<blockquote><i>However these days it seems that no matter which thread i visit it always seems to be either young lads talking about her boobs or Melissa Mars fans with a not so hidden agenda.Frankly i don't have the inclination to read this kind of stuff anymore.</i></blockquote>I have two remarks:

1. Perhaps the originator of any thread might express whether or not he wants respondents to cleave tightly to the topic or not and monitors might help make this request potent.

2. I, too, noted with displeasure the Melissa "Martian invasion," albeit I thought it was not as severe as claimed. (In a post <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=146111&postcount=6">here</a>, I noted my displeasure with MM's "stylistic plagiarism" of Alizée, as well as some ugly differentiating aspects.)

Tags
demographics, female, friendly, gap, gender