Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I thought "not loving" and "hating" are two different things.
Yeah, you're right, they are different things. But my point still stands.

But don't forget though, Mylene is an artist on her own, and a former Alizée mentor. 2 different aspects, and it seems to me that Aaron hates the artist Mylene.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Yeah, you're right, they are different things. But my point still stands.

But don't forget though, Mylene is an artist on her own, and a former Alizée mentor. 2 different aspects, and it seems to me that Aaron hates the artist Mylene.
Yeah, she has her own qualities and about Aaron, only he will be able to tell that he hates artist Mylene or something else.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah, she has her own qualities and about Aaron, only he will be able to tell that he hates artist Mylene or something else.
He already has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I have always hated Mylene because her own music is just creepy and she is SUPER PROVOCATIVE!!! I remember seeing one of her vids on YT(only one i have ever seen haha) and she was wearing fishnet leggings with a thong, and i don't dig readheads too haha.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just because you love the student, doesn't mean you have to love the mentor. I love my friends, but I can't really say that I love their parents.
Hmm true... but I think on the other hand Mylène was such a large influence on Alizée in these early years it's impossible to say you love Alizée without appreciating how much effect Mylène had on making her who she is.

I guess the word I was looking for was 'respect'. You can dislike Mylène's personality/singing style, but you can respect her for how much she helped establish Alizée as the artist we all love today. I think if you say that you hate Mylène, it also implies that you lack any sort of respect/appreciation for her or what she has done.

Last edited by babyblue558; 06-12-2010 at 11:23 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Hmm true... but I think on the other hand Mylène was such a large influence on Alizée in these early years it's impossible to say you love Alizée without appreciating how much effect Mylène had on making her who she is.

I guess the word I was looking for was 'respect'. You can dislike Mylène's personality/singing style, but you can respect her for how much she helped establish Alizée as the artist we all love today. I think if you say that you hate Mylène, it also implies that you lack any sort of respect/appreciation for her or what she has done.
Or that you know.. you find it horrid when old(er) women try too hard to be sexy and provocative.

Besides, it's like saying you can't love WWII veterans without respecting/appreciating Hitler. I mean, Hitler did have a massive effect on establishing WWII veterans, no?

A very extended and construed example.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Or that you know.. you find it horrid when old(er) women try too hard to be sexy and provocative.
Totally agree with that. It's really awful to see them like that.

Quote:
Besides, it's like saying you can't love WWII veterans without respecting/appreciating Hitler. I mean, Hitler did have a massive effect on establishing WWII veterans, no?

Lol Wasabi. You know one thing : You can prove or disprove anything in this world by giving just one example.

I learned this thing when I joined the college 3 years ago and believe me it was a good lesson.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Totally agree with that. It's really awful to see them like that.
Hahaha I agree. In her earlier videos (sorta pre-2000) anything sexy/provocative was usually done with taste and class, allowing her to get away with it, but now she's getting on 50 somebody really needs to tell her to stop! Still, I don't think it's any worse than young pop stars of today taking every music video as an opportunity to flaunt their body for absolutely no reason at all.

Quote:

Hmmm yes maybe this discussion has gone on for long enough.
The only thing I'd like to say is that even if Mylène's music isn't to your taste, give credit where it's due to the amazing stuff she did for Alizée in her early days.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:03 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Mylene is very much the French Madonna. In a way, it is very appropriate that she was Alizée's mentor.

Although a bit over the edge sometimes, I happen to think Mylene puts on amazing live shows.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Maybe some of you boys, are a little bit young to tell what a 49 y old women must do or not...

Last edited by Bigdan; 06-12-2010 at 02:40 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Maybe some of you boys, are a little bit young to tell what a 49 y old women must do or not...
Probably true.. but I still know what grosses me out.