Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully it won't snow there like it did in 1956: http://youtu.be/URqH3NyUzW8

Good luck Scruffy, and thanks for all you do !
Old 02-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Me and MerciAlizee have been working behind the scenes to set up a visit to the Ecole de dance in Ajaccio where Alizee learned to dance. I put together a letter to the owner of the school, Madam Muffragi, Chuck translated it and MA sent it.

Well we heard back from her that she had apparently forwarded th letter to Alizee. That's something we didn't anticipate and didn't want for reasons I wont go into now. Monique's English isn't that great so as we left it, she was told I'd be arriving in Ajaccio on the 4th which is today. Seeings how that was a saturday, I figured it be real busy and I didn't want to take pictures that would invade on their students (mostly very young girls as it turns out) privacy.

So once I arrived, I printed up another note and used Google translate to tell her " I know that this must be a busy day for you, so may I come back on monday at 2:00 pm?" I had checked the schedule and they open on 2:15 that day.

Well I went to the school around 3 pm, nervous as a wet hen, but there was no reason to be. You could not have asked for a more pleasant woman. Didn't speak a whole lot of English, but with the help of my letter, I was able to get my message across. She said monday at 10:30 would be good. She then brought out a mop and bucket from the bathroom, indicating apparently that was her cleaning day. I said great and I even offered to help her clean. I hope she takes me up on that. More on that later.

I had bought her a gift while I was in Istanbul; a cashmere scarf and not the cheap kind and I said it was from AAm. She didn't open the gift before I left. Hopefully she'll like it. It would come in handy today. Snow has been following me everywhere I go. The hotel clerk said the last time it snowed here was 1987.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well monday.
I am literally jumping for joy now!!!! So glad it turned out very well!!!! Now that you've got it off your shoulders, looks like you'll be enjoying a nice visit to her dance studio! Congrats!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Hopefully it won't snow there like it did in 1956: http://youtu.be/URqH3NyUzW8

Good luck Scruffy, and thanks for all you do !
I wonder if Jo or Michelle were around to witness that. Don't feel like calculating their age right now haha.

Last edited by User22; 02-05-2012 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I stopped at the Le Forum restaurant last night and it looks like they are probably closed for the season. They had newspapers covering the glass sections of the doors.
Someone, maybe RMJ mentioned they thought it was owned by a cousin of Alizee or maybe they worked there. Anyways I had hoped to go in wearing my AAm shirt, hoping it might invoke a conversation but that was not to be.

Today, I'm doing a little catch up, especially after the busy Lyon schedule. As luck would have it there's a small laundromat right next to the hotel. After washing my clothes, I'll check out some nearby spots; hopefully the tourist office too, for some ideas.

The rest of the day will probably devoted to planning the rest of the trip here. I asked a few places here if they might be showing the Superbowl tonight and they said no. Last night it seemed like they rolled up the sidewalks around 8pm, so Sunday must be even earlier. I'll just have to watch it in my room. I'll have a couple of Corsican beers during the game, but not too many, even if the Pats win, I want to have a clear head when I meet with Madam Mufraggi.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-05-2012 at 07:48 AM..
Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I stopped at the Le Forum restaurant last night and it looks like they are probably closed for the season. They had newspapers covering the glass sections of the doors.
Someone, maybe RMJ mentioned they thought it was owned by a cousin of Alizee or maybe they worked there. Anyways I had hoped to go in wearing my AAm shirt, hoping it might invoke a conversation but that was not to be.

Today, I'm doing a little catch up, especially after the busy Lyon schedule. As luck would have it there's a small laundromat right next to the hotel. After washing my clothes, I'll check out some nearby spots; hopefully the tourist office too, for some ideas.

The rest of the day will probably devoted to planning the rest of the trip here. I asked a few places here if they might be showing the Superbowl tonight and they said no. Last night it seemed like they rolled up the sidewalks around 8pm, so Sunday must be even earlier. I'll just have to watch it in my room. I'll have a couple of Corsican beers during the game, but not too many, even if the Pats win, I want to have a clear head when I meet with Madam Mufraggi.
I was reading some comments at a travel site a while back, and some people who had stayed in Ajaccio said it was rather boring and said they wouldn't go back there again. I suppose they were referring to the nightlife. I guess if one of your travel goals is partying, that could be a problem. But I would be interested in the history and the rugged beauty of the island. If I want to party, I can do that at home.

I'm hoping you'll give us a full report when you get back. Good luck on your meeting with MM tomorrow !!!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:18 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I went to the school around 3 pm, nervous as a wet hen, but there was no reason to be. You could not have asked for a more pleasant woman. Didn't speak a whole lot of English, but with the help of my letter, I was able to get my message across. She said monday at 10:30 would be good. She then brought out a mop and bucket from the bathroom, indicating apparently that was her cleaning day. I said great and I even offered to help her clean. I hope she takes me up on that. More on that later.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well monday.
I'd help her clean too! Although I'd probably do a poor job on purpose to preserve Alizee's DNA there! Hope everything goes well on Monday!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:38 PM

They rolled up the sidewalks tonight at about 5:30; even the restaurants. I was hoping to find som place to watch the superbowl like a sports bar, but that wasn't in the works. I didn't find out until game time if I was even going to be able to watch it in my room. But it is on here. I just have to listen to the play by play in French. Well as it turns out, I already have 2 reasons to smile during the game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Hope you're having fun Scruff! Go Patriots! Go Alizée!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You could not have asked for a more pleasant woman.
I found that with everyone.. Corsicans really are beautiful people.

Quote:
I'll have a couple of Corsican beers during the game, but not too many, even if the Pats win, I want to have a clear head when I meet with Madam Mufraggi.
Torra was a nice beer.. it had a taste of the maquis so if you think about it you're actually drinking Corsica!

Torra http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/duyck-b...rte/37641/3/1/

Well Pietra was nice too but different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I was reading some comments at a travel site a while back, and some people who had stayed in Ajaccio said it was rather boring and said they wouldn't go back there again. I suppose they were referring to the nightlife. I guess if one of your travel goals is partying, that could be a problem.
You're right so to hell with those comments! I have stayed in Ajaccio twice and I will go back there again someday.

Ajaccio il est mon coeur pour toujours.. Alizée forever!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-05-2012, 10:28 PM

Sorry about the turn out Scruffy...good thing you are still in paradise!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 PM

Thanks Aaron. It was a very good game though. Came down to Brady made a wrong shoulder pass to Welker that he couldn't hold on to and Manning made a terrific long pass that was the key to their last touchdown drive.Bottom line; the better team won.

As big a fan as I am, it would have meant more to me if I hadn't botched that video of Alizee.