Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
.... are you sure you're not just starting another thread that you are going to end up locking in the next couple of weeks?
Hmmmm, you tell me! I said it once and I'll say it again - it starts with you guys and everyone's individual ability to control themselves. I know I learned my lesson, if someone decides to try picking a fight or getting out of line they can have fun not posting for a few days. Don't let that be you

---

Me personally, I like the track and field + gymnastics games the most. Go go USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think the spirit of the competition gets lost a bit in the US. Instead of it being about individuals testing themselves against the best from the world, it turns into more of a us versus them patriotic thing. Not that there is anything wrong with some patriotism here and there. I worry about what image we show to the rest of the world at times. I suppose it all comes down to the media and how it presents events.
I agree. I think the Olympics are all about sharing the glory with our fellow enthusiasts all over the world as well as our own respective nations. When people get overzealous or act like sore losers it ruins the fun. Joyful competition can be a beautiful thing

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I have not watched much of the Olympics this time around. I'm not really big into the summer games, I love the winter Olympics though. I loved watching curling back before it was "cool". I was sick so I couldn't sleep, and back then they only showed curling super early in the morning. Fell in love with it. Now-a-days its a prime time event. Last time, the women's Canadian team....wow! Every single one of the coulda been a model. Sooooooo pretty. And durn good too! I think the won gold, if I remember right.
Curling?...lets just call it what it is shall we? professional mopping!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Yeap, Kerry was Dommy's best friend on that team. You also had Dominique Dawes who was perfect.

If you want to see a awesome performance, watch DOMMIE on her balance beam where she falls on her head, but keeps on going. That takes guts and courage. Then there are her Floor Excercises.

The sad video of Dommie, would be her 2000 Dropping Out after her attempt to reach the 2000 Sidney games when she hurt her ancle. Sad...

Her book she just wrote "Off Balance" is a great read, where she explains all her trials and tribulations of that era. If you read it, you will learn to hate her coaches from 1990-1997.
... I'll definitely read that one... that is going to be one of those books with contents that you hate to read about but you read it anyway...

I'll have to add that to my list of books to get... Now I'm up to six

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Hmmmm, you tell me! I said it once and I'll say it again - it starts with you guys and everyone's individual ability to control themselves. I know I learned my lesson, if someone decides to try picking a fight or getting out of line they can have fun not posting for a few days. Don't let that be you
I was threatened ... okay it was warranted... we're even now...

peace

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 07-29-2012 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post

I was threatened ... okay it was warranted... we're even now...

peace

Thats a good man!
USA women's soccer is looking good as always

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

McKayla Maroney is the new Dominique this year...

Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Taxi, yea, you will enjoy Dommyy's book. Especially how she explains how USA Olympics have chamged all the rules allowing one Coach control who makes it and who dont, where the events are held. She loves the sport, but she wants the Rules to be fair, like they used to be.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I'm not a big fan of the look of the Olympics this year. London went for a super modern look, and I just don't think it looks that good.

And the coverage...UGH... The one lady doing interviews after the events...is either asking stupid questions like " are you happy to be here?" or asking the US team things like "why did you do so badly out there?" why would you ask someone that?! I'm sure they feel horrible enough as it is....you don't need to rub it in their faces.

And the Women's 100 breaststroke just now...they messed up the starting beep. It went off before it was supposed to, and one of the US swimmers went, and she was right to....the beep sounded.....then they forced everyone to restart, and go again. So the second time around, she was off, waited too long after the beep to jump, and didn't place...

She did a great job, and the durn sound guy cost her a medal. As you can see....I get a little protective of team America during these things.

Last edited by BrianO1; 07-30-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 11:16 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

^Gold went for the 15 years old girl from Lituania. Amazing what is happening in the pool with those teenagers winning golds and breaking records.

Oh and three days and still no medals for Spain.
That's the spirit
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

This just made my night
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YPIA7mpm1wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Taxi, yea, you will enjoy Dommyy's book. Especially how she explains how USA Olympics have chamged all the rules allowing one Coach control who makes it and who dont, where the events are held. She loves the sport, but she wants the Rules to be fair, like they used to be.
Yeah... the rules of gymnastics is up for interpretation. Some girls fall of the beam and still score 15.58 out of 16 ... while others simply lose their balance and score 13 out of 15... I couldn't believe it!... I just looked at the TV like

by the way, have you seen McKayla Maroney yet?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MHCNRysczKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dcyGdDnH0Hw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 07-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

The women's North Korea vs. Colombia soccer game got delayed for an hour when the graphic of the South Korean flag was associated with the players during introductions. All of the North Korean players walked off the field. The International Olympic Committee apologizes for the error.... epic!

North Korean Flag

South Korean Flag

South Korean Flag shown with North Korean Players during introductions...

Resource: Whoops! Wrong flag accompanies North Korean names; delays match