Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So what does this video tell us about Justin Bieber???

Well, i'm not going to talk about I.Q here, for it may not apply at all...

It tells me that unlike Alizée, he had/has NO "situational awareness", "inferior" reflexes, very little "grace", can't dodge to save himself, and, even his "fans" don't like him.

Doesn't know when to "shut up" either...

I'm not one of his "fans", does it show.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

Her expressions were great. I love that accent she has when she pronounces English.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Absolutely...

I could listen to that all day, no matter the subject...

She could read me a "Cereal box". or just quote passages from a "Dictionary".

I don't care, just as long as she didn't stop.
It's really interesting about her English accent. I usually say L'Alize is my favorite song of hers. It was her only number one hit. It's a great song and a great song to sing along with. J'en ai marre is also a great song when you consider her voice, her dancing and her beauty, but one song I feel I could listen to all day is the English version of Youpidou. I love the way she pronounces so many words, especially "You see me walking down the streets." and I love the way she danced. I wish they could have had a close up of it. It's too bad MF couldn't have done a better job with the interpretation!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-24-2019 at 11:19 PM..
Old 01-24-2019, 11:51 PM
Neutral Good

Scruffy...

Once again, thank you...

I love that accent.

"Sharp" diction, "tight" pronunciation, obviously very well rehearsed.

I get the feeling that MF did not want Alizée to be anything more than a "regional protégé" for her, and be nothing but an "understudy" really.

MF's hits were really mostly just "regional" efforts, and were not "optimized" for a "global" market. She is "big" in France, but not anywhere else, and I don't know if that was by "design", or just a shortsighted "miscalculation".

Now, if you look at Alizée's hits, most of them are going to be unintelligible nonsensical drivel to the rest of the world if translated directly from their native French. They were simply not written for an "overseas" market.

The few hits that were translated "in the spirit of" their original French lyrics still made NO sense whatsoever, and even a cute English accent and "even cuter" artiste were NOT going to "save" these songs.

They were "pitched to fail", deliberately, by MF...

If she had wanted Alizée to succeed in the international market, she would have "penned" new relevant material, but, she didn't.

So my conclusion is thus, that Alizée was never meant to be an international star that could have possibly "eclipsed" MF herself.

Or maybe it's just me being hypercritical and "over protective".
Old 01-24-2019, 11:57 PM

I just wanted to mention the audio in the video in my previous post was the English version of the song, dubbed over the French audio from her En Concert performance.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:42 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's really interesting about her English accent. I usually say L'Alize is my favorite song of hers. It was her only number one hit. It's a great song and a great song to sing along with. J'en ai marre is also a great song when you consider her voice, her dancing and her beauty, but one song I feel I could listen to all day is the English version of Youpidou. I love the way she pronounces so many words, especially "You see me walking down the streets." and I love the way she danced. I wish they could have had a close up of it. It's too bad MF couldn't have done a better job with the interpretation!

Great rendition of youpidou, I love it.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Your range for Alizee seems like a pretty reasonable estimate.
I'd really like to know her I.Q.--- whatever it is, it plays a role in her x-factor.

There's a definite "cleverness" about her.

Even her facial expressions are, fundamentally, a kind of cleverness.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:04 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As Shepherd said, everyone wanted to kiss her. I wonder why?

If everyone got to kiss her who would like to, I doubt she would survive the stampede. There is just not enough of her to go around. Look at your video of her signing autographs in the dance studio. Thirty thousand views in one month. That's pretty cool. And at a time when she's not doing very much. Her fan base remains pretty tenacious.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post

If I had to "guesstimate" her IQ, and I'm usually pretty darn accurate, I'd put it into the 130 to 150 range, mostly due to the fact that she is hugely "self-critical", which can both greatly enhance, and, greatly degrade your intellectual abilities.
Be safe, y'all.

I think you're on the mark here: 130-150 sounds right to me.

Last edited by Shepherd; 01-25-2019 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-25-2019, 06:21 PM

Here's a better resolution video for download of 'Youpidou En Concert with English dubbed in' if anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dD_...ew?usp=sharing
Old 01-26-2019, 01:43 AM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I think you're on the mark here: 130-150 sounds right to me.
I'm usually pretty close in my guesses regarding this kind of stuff, for "Clinical Psychologist" was one of the many "hats" that I've I had to "wear", over the years, back in my youth. It was a "necessary evil" that I was not fond of, but was part of my "MOS", unfortunately.

If you "stare into the mirror" long enough, it tends to "stare back" into you, so to speak, and that can be unpleasant...

The I.Q. testing thing is a pretty imperfect "metric" of intelligence estimation to be honest, but it does have it's place.

I stand by my estimate of anywhere from 130 to 150, for with Alizée there is a HUGE "X-factor" that I can only begin to guess at.

I think we would be literally shocked if we actually found out how "sharp" this young lady is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
whatever it is, it plays a role in her x-factor.
Hmm... Alizée's "X-Factor"...

I have NO idea about this.

I do know that it definitely exists, it is unquantifiable, but, is VERY potent.

I get the impression that a mere glance from her would leave me "weak at the knees", a mere "word" from her could "slay" me, and but yet a simple single phrase from her would "enslave" me.

Methinks I've read waaay too much "Sword and Sorcery" stuff, but you get the idea.

I get the impression I'm going to be quite safe though, for there is pretty much less than 0% chance of me ever actually meeting her.

Dammit...

Could have been interesting...
Old 01-26-2019, 06:08 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but one song I feel I could listen to all day is the English version of Youpidou. I love the way she pronounces so many words, especially "You see me walking down the streets." and I love the way she danced. I wish they could have had a close up of it. It's too bad MF couldn't have done a better job with the interpretation!
I like the part where she giggles in the English version of youpidou. I presume that wasn't planned--- she just screwed up and giggled, and they left it in there.

I saw a version of J'en Ai Marre which alternated between French and English-- someone must have created it. I think I saw it on Robert Rhein's channel (I think it has been taken down.) I thought the alternation between French and English was interesting.