Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
MA should also take care of vrozpkiuz. He/she/they/it is now spamming my PM's.
It must have sent PMs to everybody, I got one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Today? I don't see any user with that name.

Edit : Found the user now. You won't receive any PMs from that user now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks MA, we appreciate your efforts on cleaning up the mess these spammers leave
Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
^ I do sir

These spammers are pissing me off
let's hope for you guys that this doesn't mean that all the spammers we finally could get rid off at AF don't come here. that's no fun believe me.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 05-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

These assholes changing what previously made this game fun and as well as adding tons and ton of commercials https://www.facebook.com/tetrisbattle

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
let's hope for you guys that this doesn't mean that all the spammers we finally could get rid off at AF don't come here. that's no fun believe me.
They may be:

Quote:
The most members online in one day was 218, Today.
The previous record was 180-something set on UEDS' release date I think, now that's been replaced by a bunch of bots
Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Spammers are annoying and complete waste of time.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:04 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Wow 218! I thought we had a lot when Lili was on that radio station promoting Psychédélices. There was a ton of us in the chat room that time.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Spammers are annoying and complete waste of time.
The favorite part of being a Mod, throwing down the ban hammer on Spammers. I see them weekly on another board so they do entertain me especially the smart ones where it becomes a cat and mouse game. There is I think eight of us on the one board so it is tough to not have one or more of us monitoring the board at given time. Since the mods are on both coasts there is only a small window of opportunity between say two and six am EST where the board is sparsely monitored.

At least with having an international following on Alizée's Fan boards there is no reason why the mods can't be spread out around the globe making sure there isn't much of a window of opportunity for spammers to get a foot hold on the board. Four in the U.S. spread between the coasts, four in Europe and Asia the board should be pretty well protected from spammers.

The worst is when these guys make rambling posts with spam links thrown in for good measure. It must suck to spend ten or more minutes to register, write the post and I or one of the other mods have it deleted and the poster banned in two or three minutes.

It is the one part of the job that is actually fun since everyone pretty much behaves themselves and we very rarely have problems between members.

Since we changed the join times on one board and eliminated any new registrations between Midnight and Six AM eastern standard time we stopped probably 90% of the spam that we use to get.

Hints from other boards I'm on that seem to keep the spammers in check is no posting for a few days after joining, no links until you make ten posts to name a few. AF's system seemed to be a good one for eliminating or making the spammers job a lot harder. But again the smart ones will find a way around those restrictions like AF has. The ten post rule is probably the best since these guys don't want to be wasting time, they want to get in, post the spam, get out fast and head off to another board. Plus it doesn't take ten post to realize the poster isn't interested in the subject matter the board represents.

If you want someone during the day to just monitor and nail spammers and nothing else, I can make time for that to help the board out. Between the other boards I'm a mod on and my business I do not have the time in my day to do much more for anyone.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:28 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I was having lunch with a friend at a local McDonald's when I overheard this middle-age woman talking to her friend about the they way I was dressed. It was 80F outside and I was wearing jean shorts, a tube top and flip-flops. The shorts were not revealing anything. I was wearing a sports bra and I had a pedicure. She said I looked indecent. So I yelled at her...

"You want indecent? How about you trying to look like a slutty teenager? You're wearing a halter top with those no bra sagging tits. Your fat is spilling out of your yoga pants. And you honestly think we all want to see those callous feet with those corn colored crusty toenails? Puuuleeeez!"
Old 05-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
those corn colored crusty toenails? Puuuleeeez!"
Yuck. But that's nothing, I was at school a while back, in the office, nevermind why but this teacher asks me to help him out with some envelopes he had to send out. But anyway he sits next to me and hands me a stack of envelopes and when I take them I saw that his fingernails were a nasty greenish almost blue color Shortly after that I noticed that he was wearing sandals and his toenails were in the same condition

Edit -
Also, cats who try to go down a one way street and act like they're not doing anything wrong ._.

Last edited by Fall; 05-26-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 07:50 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was having lunch with a friend at a local McDonald's when I overheard this middle-age woman talking to her friend about the they way I was dressed. It was 80F outside and I was wearing jean shorts, a tube top and flip-flops. The shorts were not revealing anything. I was wearing a sports bra and I had a pedicure. She said I looked indecent. So I yelled at her...

"You want indecent? How about you trying to look like a slutty teenager? You're wearing a halter top with those no bra sagging tits. Your fat is spilling out of your yoga pants. And you honestly think we all want to see those callous feet with those corn colored crusty toenails? Puuuleeeez!"

Jean shorts and tube top.
Pics please